You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Fletching jig for Quick Spin vanes?

Hi all

I've got 2.25" quick spins and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a fletching jig for these vanes? I did go to the local shop and almost made a $54 mistake, luckily I was told the jig I was about to buy wouldn't work with QS vanes.

I'm currious to know from arrow builders what works well with these, as they have the kicker on them.

Thanks

As far as I know, the Bitzenberger will work with them. I don't think all the archery shops in the world have switched jigs just to be able to fletch quick spins....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

And welcome to the site......
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Thanks, the local place down the road has used bitzenberger jigs...might have to go check them out.

Thanks again. I've been looking for a decent message board for archery related goodness, cool to see this site isn't completely 3D shooting. I've never given it a go, but I've been bow hunting / target practicing since I was about 10 or so....20ish years.

ack I'm old

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer View Post
    Thanks, the local place down the road has used bitzenberger jigs...might have to go check them out.

Thanks again. I've been looking for a decent message board for archery related goodness, cool to see this site isn't completely 3D shooting. I've never given it a go, but I've been bow hunting / target practicing since I was about 10 or so....20ish years.

ack I'm old
    We have all sorts of folks on here with all kinds of experience and knowledge. Feel free to ask away or share what you know. We talk about all kinds of topics and some of the time we know what we are talking about....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Bitz and Grayling work for sure.
    The new Bohning loooks like it would work but don't know first hand. Ditto for the Jo-Jan jigs...
    The Arizona fletchers work, but not very well, but you have to be careful when you remove the jig from the arrow shaft since the slots in the fletcher's 'wings' can grap the quick-spin 'kickers' and pull them off the shaft.

Ron

Bitz's are the best on the planet... You can fletch anything. And get super crazy helical w/ it too...
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

I've fletched the 4" quik spins with the Bitz Jig, and it worked well.

Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

FBSA Member

Bitz is your best bet, but I've fletched the 4" Quickspins with my Arizona EZ Fletch. Just have to push the kicker portion thru a little.

Welcome gixxer...
    We're not just 3D...all kinds of shooters here

And Bitz is the way to go...

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Welcome gixxer...
    We're not just 3D...all kinds of shooters here

And Bitz is the way to go...
    yup what he said....

I use a Grayling and have fleched Quick Spins with it.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Thanks for the info guys. I hope to get something soon as my arrows aren't fletched and the season starts oct 6. I know I know, getting a late start. but hey on a good note, I just got back from Germany and Italy, so I've got a little (but a sad) excuse.

Looks like Grayling or a Bitz. I think I am going to go check out the Bitz at the local shop tonight, they have used ones for $40ish.

I heard with the quick spins you want a straight or a slight right offset, nothing too aggressive? I imagine the kickers do the work and the more offset the more they'll spin but slow them down some?

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I hope to get something soon as my arrows aren't fletched and the season starts oct 6. I know I know, getting a late start. but hey on a good note, I just got back from Germany and Italy, so I've got a little (but a sad) excuse.

Looks like Grayling or a Bitz. I think I am going to go check out the Bitz at the local shop tonight, they have used ones for $40ish.

I heard with the quick spins you want a straight or a slight right offset, nothing too aggressive? I imagine the kickers do the work and the more offset the more they'll spin but slow them down some?
    To get the best out of the QS fletch them with a straight clamp, no more than 2 degrees offset. Helical with this fletch will cause lots of drag. A tip that may make it easier to align in the clamp, mark the position of the kicker on the clamp and dremel out a space for it. I noticed a small amount of misalignment at the rear until I got that figured out.