You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    5

    Default Fletching jig for Quick Spin vanes?

    Hi all

    I've got 2.25" quick spins and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a fletching jig for these vanes? I did go to the local shop and almost made a $54 mistake, luckily I was told the jig I was about to buy wouldn't work with QS vanes.

    I'm currious to know from arrow builders what works well with these, as they have the kicker on them.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    As far as I know, the Bitzenberger will work with them. I don't think all the archery shops in the world have switched jigs just to be able to fletch quick spins....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  3. #3
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    And welcome to the site......
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Thanks, the local place down the road has used bitzenberger jigs...might have to go check them out.

    Thanks again. I've been looking for a decent message board for archery related goodness, cool to see this site isn't completely 3D shooting. I've never given it a go, but I've been bow hunting / target practicing since I was about 10 or so....20ish years.

    ack I'm old

  5. #5
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer View Post
    Thanks, the local place down the road has used bitzenberger jigs...might have to go check them out.

    Thanks again. I've been looking for a decent message board for archery related goodness, cool to see this site isn't completely 3D shooting. I've never given it a go, but I've been bow hunting / target practicing since I was about 10 or so....20ish years.

    ack I'm old
    We have all sorts of folks on here with all kinds of experience and knowledge. Feel free to ask away or share what you know. We talk about all kinds of topics and some of the time we know what we are talking about....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  6. #6
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Bitz and Grayling work for sure.
    The new Bohning loooks like it would work but don't know first hand. Ditto for the Jo-Jan jigs...
    The Arizona fletchers work, but not very well, but you have to be careful when you remove the jig from the arrow shaft since the slots in the fletcher's 'wings' can grap the quick-spin 'kickers' and pull them off the shaft.

    Ron

  7. #7
    #1 THREAD KILLER Pinwheel1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    at your course..taking your money
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    Bitz's are the best on the planet... You can fletch anything. And get super crazy helical w/ it too...
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

  8. #8
    Senior Member beenfarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Posts
    956

    Default

    I've fletched the 4" quik spins with the Bitz Jig, and it worked well.

    Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

    FBSA Member

  9. #9
    Member Timmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oshkosh, WI
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Bitz is your best bet, but I've fletched the 4" Quickspins with my Arizona EZ Fletch. Just have to push the kicker portion thru a little.

  10. #10
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Welcome gixxer...
    We're not just 3D...all kinds of shooters here

    And Bitz is the way to go...


  11. #11
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Welcome gixxer...
    We're not just 3D...all kinds of shooters here

    And Bitz is the way to go...
    yup what he said....

  12. #12
    One eyed/Gutless wonder QSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Buford Ga.
    Posts
    5,998

    Default

    I use a Grayling and have fleched Quick Spins with it.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Thanks for the info guys. I hope to get something soon as my arrows aren't fletched and the season starts oct 6. I know I know, getting a late start. but hey on a good note, I just got back from Germany and Italy, so I've got a little (but a sad) excuse.

    Looks like Grayling or a Bitz. I think I am going to go check out the Bitz at the local shop tonight, they have used ones for $40ish.

    I heard with the quick spins you want a straight or a slight right offset, nothing too aggressive? I imagine the kickers do the work and the more offset the more they'll spin but slow them down some?

  14. #14
    Senior Member HYTMANN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Smith's Creek, Mi
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I hope to get something soon as my arrows aren't fletched and the season starts oct 6. I know I know, getting a late start. but hey on a good note, I just got back from Germany and Italy, so I've got a little (but a sad) excuse.

    Looks like Grayling or a Bitz. I think I am going to go check out the Bitz at the local shop tonight, they have used ones for $40ish.

    I heard with the quick spins you want a straight or a slight right offset, nothing too aggressive? I imagine the kickers do the work and the more offset the more they'll spin but slow them down some?
    To get the best out of the QS fletch them with a straight clamp, no more than 2 degrees offset. Helical with this fletch will cause lots of drag. A tip that may make it easier to align in the clamp, mark the position of the kicker on the clamp and dremel out a space for it. I noticed a small amount of misalignment at the rear until I got that figured out.

Similar Threads

  1. Blazer vanes vs. regular 4-5" vanes...
    By swintj1 in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 11:03 AM
  2. Quick Spin Vanes
    By Bulldog1 in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 12:54 PM
  3. Arrow Spin??
    By XT4ME in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 11:56 AM
  4. quick spin vanes with quick spin broadheads?
    By Dab029 in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 07:03 PM
  5. NAP Quick Spin, opinions
    By goldsmith in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 09:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •