You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Holding it the sturdiest way?

I went out to the range at 7am this morning to shoot my scores for this week. I was not happy. Anyway, the last two ends, I decided to hold my release a little differently. I usually hold it in the middle sections of my fingers, this time I moved it to the bottom section of my fingers (closer to palm) It felt steadier and easier to find my anchor most of the time.

So, those that have the T shaped thumb releases, exactly how do you hold yours? I have the TRU Ball Diamond Pro (or Pro Diamond?)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    I went out to the range at 7am this morning to shoot my scores for this week. I was not happy. Anyway, the last two ends, I decided to hold my release a little differently. I usually hold it in the middle sections of my fingers, this time I moved it to the bottom section of my fingers (closer to palm) It felt steadier and easier to find my anchor most of the time.

So, those that have the T shaped thumb releases, exactly how do you hold yours? I have the TRU Ball Diamond Pro (or Pro Diamond?)
    I use the same release.
    I had to try it to tell you because I never really thought about it.
    My handle is exactly in the middle of the second bone(s) from the fingertip toward the palm... If that explaination makes any sense.

Ron

I hold my Insatiable 4-finger closer to the tips of my fingers. But maybe I should try it closer to my palm.??
    Hook 'Em Horns

I actually had to go get my release and draw the bow to answer her question... Nobody ever asked me that before and I don;t think I've ever overheard a conversation about 'how to hold your release' before...

I hope she didn't 'jinx' me by now having me think about that question...

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    I actually had to go get my release and draw the bow to answer her question... Nobody ever asked me that before and I don;t think I've ever overheard a conversation about 'how to hold your release' before...

I hope she didn't 'jinx' me by now having me think about that question...

Ron
    Sorry Ron
    I have never heard anyone talk about this before either

Default Stan - X2

I use a Stand-x2 Quatro, Which I don't use it as a thumb trigger... I turn the trigger around into my palm of my hand and use my little finger, by pressing downward on the release to set the trigger off. By moving my little finger down puts pressure on the back end of the relase in which presses the trigger into my palm to set it off. I hope this makes sense???

I hope the picture makes more sense:

Attachment 4014
    Last edited by Jay Are; 01-07-2008 at 04:38 PM.

To have correct hand placement you want the release to between your fingers as shown. also, if your having troubles with it going off w/ out punching it. You need to relax your release hand more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Yep, that's the way I normally hold it, but I am thinking I might like the new way I will have to try it a few more time before I decide

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    To have correct hand placement you want the release to between your fingers as shown. also, if your having troubles with it going off w/ out punching it. You need to relax your release hand more.
    I think mine is near there...I need to find a pic now..
    Hook 'Em Horns

looks in the middle to me...what do you think?
    Last edited by Hook Em; 01-13-2010 at 10:46 AM.
    Hook 'Em Horns

Will I hold mine like wheels is talking about. Closer to my palm so I can close my fingers around it loosey until my first finger touchs my plam. Then I try to use back tension to make it go off.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Sorry Ron
    I have never heard anyone talk about this before either
    Don't be sorry... I just thought it was strange that I had never had a conversation about that with anyone...

The 2 pics are basically how I hold my release...

Ron

Like I said before Wheels.. make sure your relaxed. If not you will be pulling against your bow arm if you ar to tense. Making it difficult to make the release go off. Your bow shoulder should be relaxed and your release wirst should be relaxed. other wise your not using your back muscles to make the release go off. also, will make it difficult to hold on the target. I also like to exhale while drawing back. helps calm you while concentrating on the target..
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

I use the same release wheels3.....

i used to hold it out near the tips of my fingers but couldnt get consistent, So I moved the trigger as tight to the release as I could and acctually set it off by laying the trigger against the pad of my thumb and slowly squezzing my hand together as I pull into the wall.......

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I use the same release wheels3.....

i used to hold it out near the tips of my fingers but couldnt get consistent, So I moved the trigger as tight to the release as I could and acctually set it off by laying the trigger against the pad of my thumb and slowly squezzing my hand together as I pull into the wall.......
    That's how I do it... I use a Carter adjusto-trigger on my Pro Diamond to do exactly that.

Ron
    Attached Images Attached Images