You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Senior Member Southernfryedyankee's Avatar

Default what does the different string #'s mean?

TS1,8125,452x is one better than the other. I had seen some pics of either a guardian or allegiance that had black and neon green strings on it and I can't find the pic anywhere. Does any1 know here they are hahahahaha
    Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.

http://www.godscountryoutdoors.net
    http://http://www.meanvarchery.com/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by nylouie516 View Post
    TS1,8125,452x is one better than the other. I had seen some pics of either a guardian or allegiance that had black and neon green strings on it and I can't find the pic anywhere. Does any1 know here they are hahahahaha
    One is not necessarily better than another, they are just different and made for different purposes.

Check out BCY's WEB site. They have some fairly decent explanations on the differences. Speed, amount of stretch/creep, strand diameter (which affects the number of strands you need to build a string) and a bunch of other things.

So to compare 8125 and 452x, for example... 452x is supposed to be little or no stretch but 8125 is supposed to be a bit faster, but with "minimal stretch/creep" according to BCY's WEB site. I just went to 452x recently and I can tell you there is no stretch/creep and I have not had any peep rotation issues. I found that not to be the case with 8125...

Hope that helps.

Ron

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    One is not necessarily better than another, they are just different and made for different purposes.

Check out BCY's WEB site. They have some fairly decent explanations on the differences. Speed, amount of stretch/creep, strand diameter (which affects the number of strands you need to build a string) and a bunch of other things.

So to compare 8125 and 452x, for example... 452x is supposed to be little or no stretch but 8125 is supposed to be a bit faster, but with "minimal stretch/creep" according to BCY's WEB site. I just went to 452x recently and I can tell you there is no stretch/creep and I have not had any peep rotation issues. I found that not to be the case with 8125...

Hope that helps.

Ron
    Ron,My FB truth came with 8125..452x...I'm guessing that the cable's are 452x (seems a tad bigger in dia.) and the string is 8125...Do you know if that is correct. All in all,i like them.

Quote Originally Posted by IChim2 View Post
    Ron,My FB truth came with 8125..452x...I'm guessing that the cable's are 452x (seems a tad bigger in dia.) and the string is 8125...Do you know if that is correct. All in all,i like them.
    I don't know if that's correct or not. You could call and ask.
    I think I read a post from Crhis that somebody was using 452x for the cables and 8125 for the string on a particular bow. Could have been a Bear, but I don't remember.

Ron