You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Senior Member Southernfryedyankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    955

    Default what does the different string #'s mean?

    TS1,8125,452x is one better than the other. I had seen some pics of either a guardian or allegiance that had black and neon green strings on it and I can't find the pic anywhere. Does any1 know here they are hahahahaha
    Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.

    http://www.godscountryoutdoors.net
    http://http://www.meanvarchery.com/home.html

  2. #2
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nylouie516 View Post
    TS1,8125,452x is one better than the other. I had seen some pics of either a guardian or allegiance that had black and neon green strings on it and I can't find the pic anywhere. Does any1 know here they are hahahahaha
    One is not necessarily better than another, they are just different and made for different purposes.

    Check out BCY's WEB site. They have some fairly decent explanations on the differences. Speed, amount of stretch/creep, strand diameter (which affects the number of strands you need to build a string) and a bunch of other things.

    So to compare 8125 and 452x, for example... 452x is supposed to be little or no stretch but 8125 is supposed to be a bit faster, but with "minimal stretch/creep" according to BCY's WEB site. I just went to 452x recently and I can tell you there is no stretch/creep and I have not had any peep rotation issues. I found that not to be the case with 8125...

    Hope that helps.

    Ron

  3. #3
    IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Doe Run Mo,south east Missouri
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    One is not necessarily better than another, they are just different and made for different purposes.

    Check out BCY's WEB site. They have some fairly decent explanations on the differences. Speed, amount of stretch/creep, strand diameter (which affects the number of strands you need to build a string) and a bunch of other things.

    So to compare 8125 and 452x, for example... 452x is supposed to be little or no stretch but 8125 is supposed to be a bit faster, but with "minimal stretch/creep" according to BCY's WEB site. I just went to 452x recently and I can tell you there is no stretch/creep and I have not had any peep rotation issues. I found that not to be the case with 8125...

    Hope that helps.

    Ron
    Ron,My FB truth came with 8125..452x...I'm guessing that the cable's are 452x (seems a tad bigger in dia.) and the string is 8125...Do you know if that is correct. All in all,i like them.

  4. #4
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IChim2 View Post
    Ron,My FB truth came with 8125..452x...I'm guessing that the cable's are 452x (seems a tad bigger in dia.) and the string is 8125...Do you know if that is correct. All in all,i like them.
    I don't know if that's correct or not. You could call and ask.
    I think I read a post from Crhis that somebody was using 452x for the cables and 8125 for the string on a particular bow. Could have been a Bear, but I don't remember.

    Ron

Similar Threads

  1. bow string
    By cowboy50 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 01:02 AM
  2. String ?
    By kbohunt in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 10:59 PM
  3. got my bow n string...
    By KyuZo in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 10:25 PM
  4. Bow string
    By felchak in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 12:19 PM
  5. New String
    By jt13077 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 11:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •