You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Senior Member Southernfryedyankee's Avatar

Default Tips for marinating and dry rubs.

Invest in a vacuum sealer. The negative pressure in a vacuum sealer opens the pores to meat and veggies and will basically ingest the marinade into itself. I will rub my meat down with a good dry rub then vacuum seal it and leave it over night and all the rub doesnt come off when you put it on a hot grill. With liquid marinades obviously the longer you leave it the better. Just know your expiration dates, a vacuum seal will prolong food life but not by THAT much. Its also great for buying bulk and freezing. Keep that venison tasting like you just shot it when it has been in the freezer for 6 months, also NO FREEZER BURN
    Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.

http://www.godscountryoutdoors.net
    http://http://www.meanvarchery.com/home.html

I like the fact that a marinade is so simple. Marinade, ziploc bag, meat. that is all you have to do and just wait. Nothing easier.
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
    FBSA MEMBER

The absence of freezer burn is one good reason right there to vacuum seal stuff...

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Southernfryedyankee View Post
    Invest in a vacuum sealer. The negative pressure in a vacuum sealer opens the pores to meat and veggies and will basically ingest the marinade into itself. I will rub my meat down with a good dry rub then vacuum seal it and leave it over night and all the rub doesnt come off when you put it on a hot grill. With liquid marinades obviously the longer you leave it the better. Just know your expiration dates, a vacuum seal will prolong food life but not by THAT much. Its also great for buying bulk and freezing. Keep that venison tasting like you just shot it when it has been in the freezer for 6 months, also NO FREEZER BURN
    Not having a vacuum sealer, I just wrap my stuff up in butcher paper. For some reason, it works better than plastic wrap or foil at keeping freezer burn away from my goodies.