You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thumbs up New England IBO World Qualifier

Hi All,

In 2008 Wankinquoah (Wan-Kin-Co) Rod and Gun Club will be holding it annual its 2 day IBO World Qualifier on June 21 and 22, 2008. You can qualify either day. There will be three courses set up this year! Once you qualify you may go on to shoot the other courses for fun! Last years Qualifier was a great success and we had many positive responses from knowledgeable archers who shoot World Qualifiers on a regular bases. We have taken some suggestions from these archers to better the event this year.

More to come.......

Contact information Harry De Vore hwdevore@comcast.net or Mike Erwin merwin10@comcast.net

Hope to see you at the event!

Mike Erwin

Quote Originally Posted by merwin10 View Post
    Hi All,

In 2008 Wankinquoah (Wan-Kin-Co) Rod and Gun Club will be holding it annual its 2 day IBO World Qualifier on June 21 and 22, 2008. You can qualify either day. There will be three courses set up this year! Once you qualify you may go on to shoot the other courses for fun! Last years Qualifier was a great success and we had many positive responses from knowledgeable archers who shoot World Qualifiers on a regular bases. We have taken some suggestions from these archers to better the event this year.

More to come.......

Contact information Harry De Vore hwdevore@comcast.net or Mike Erwin merwin10@comcast.net

Hope to see you at the event!

Mike Erwin

probably would help to put an address
    I cut things up and split them down!

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...0&&q=&qc=Clubs
    92 Pine street, Middleboro Mass. 508-947-7862
    This is roughly 35-40 miles south of Boston to give you an idea.

Arrow More information

Thanks red44 for the map. Easy to get to take Route 495 to exit 2 Route 58, West to Route 28 north, right at the traffic light, follow signs to WRGC about 3 miles. This is the perferred route but there are other ways to get to the club from Plymouth and Cape Cod.

Please contact Mike Erwin merwin10@comcast.net 508-866-2565 for any Questions!

We will be posting more information as June gets closer -

Mike -
    Last edited by merwin10; 09-21-2007 at 09:32 AM.

I may have to try and fly in and make that one. Never tried IBO before, cant be much different than ASA, can it?
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    I may have to try and fly in and make that one. Never tried IBO before, cant be much different than ASA, can it?
    Oh yes it can. you need long arms and be able ta pull big #s

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Arrow

No it is not that different! You will need to read the IBO rules to find out what class you are going to shoot in you can find them here www.ibo.net and click on rules. The maximum distance is about 50 yards for the top shooters it depends on your class of shooting. Scoring is a little different I think it is easier than ASA as the placement of the ten ring is centered in the kill zone. You qualify on 30 or 40 Targets, once you qualify you get an invitation to the IBO World Championship event. You may qualify in as many classes as you want at this level, then decide what you are going to shoot at the world championship event, except for semi-pro and pro shooters. If you are at that level you shoot in your class only. In other words once reaching semi-pro you can't drop down to Bow Hunter.

I think the biggest difference is that the equipment (bow and arrows) have to meet certain specifications as to draw weight and arrow weight vs Arrow Speed. We do check all archers equipment with certified scales and chronometers. We usually have a central check point and 3 or 4 stations to avoid backups.

All in all there are many rules just like ASA but they are there to make sure every base is covered. One such rule is group shooting we have to break up groups and scorers have to be outside of the group. This is to keep things honest where a close to a line is a 8 or a 10, we use double scoring where there are two scorers per group of no more than 5. The two score cards must agree, or the lower of the score for that target is used. Score cards are turned in by the whole group and signed by the group. This avoids any discussion at the table.

You need to read the rules but the most important to the indiviual archer is the type of class and the equipment. The rest is for the event committee!

Hope this helps!

Mike -

Default careful

You need to be careful of what class you shoot in IBO because you have to shoot the same class in ASA. And in ASA you can only make 1 class move a year unless you win your way out of a class.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff
    Sword Pro Staff Vane Tech Pro Staff
    Gold Tip Factory Staff Coffey marketing
    A.S.A. IL. State Director

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Oh yes it can. you need long arms and be able ta pull big #s
    what do you mean??? are you saying i cant do it?? are you challenging me??? ohhhhhhhhhhh
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Quote Originally Posted by CSS Shooter View Post
    You need to be careful of what class you shoot in IBO because you have to shoot the same class in ASA. And in ASA you can only make 1 class move a year unless you win your way out of a class.

What is this? I have to shoot open(unlimited) because IBO doesn't recognize mouth tabs. Or physically challenged and compete against xbows. Wheres the fairness there, than I have to shoot(unlimited) in ASA.
    Looks like I'll be skipping the Mass shoot and the rest of the IBO.
    Victory Archery VForce Arrows
    Copper John & Specialty Archery Staff