You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Just wondering?

  1. #1
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default Just wondering?

    How many Former Military men we have here. Or current military men we have? Or even wifes of .... I can't even begin to tell you guys how thankful I am and the love I have for you. (This was triggered by a talk with my husband and a bottle of wine, sorry for being so mushy.)

  2. #2
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Ha,Wheels!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    How many Former Military men we have here. Or current military men we have? Or even wifes of .... I can't even begin to tell you guys how thankful I am and the love I have for you. (This was triggered by a talk with my husband and a bottle of wine, sorry for being so mushy.)
    I had a Long ride on my harley today with my son.
    He just Inlisted in the Marines Yesterday and will be going to basic training around Nov or Dec. when all the paper work is done.
    He's my only son but he needs to find his own way in life.
    Im at a loss for words on this subject, I just dont want him to go to Irac, but im pretty sure he will,I just hope if he does, he will come home.
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

  3. #3
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    I had a Long ride on my harley today with my son.
    He just Inlisted in the Marines Yesterday and will be going to basic training around Nov or Dec. when all the paper work is done.
    He's my only son but he needs to find his own way in life.
    Im at a loss for words on this subject, I just dont want him to go to Irac, but im pretty sure he will,I just hope if he does, he will come home.
    I have a cousin that just flew his first mission in Iraq.

  4. #4
    Senior Member tnts79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    My dad has been in the reserves for 30+ years, just now retiring. A few guys I went to high school with went into the marines and went to Iraq. Old, Boyd just went back for his 3rd tour in Iraq. He runs the .50 cal on the top of the hummers. Lets not forget why our service men and women are over there! Thanks to those who are making the sacrifices for our country! It really blows my mind how ungrateful some people can be....

  5. #5
    One eyed/Gutless wonder QSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Buford Ga.
    Posts
    5,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tnts79 View Post
    My dad has been in the reserves for 30+ years, just now retiring. A few guys I went to high school with went into the marines and went to Iraq. Old, Boyd just went back for his 3rd tour in Iraq. He runs the .50 cal on the top of the hummers. Lets not forget why our service men and women are over there! Thanks to those who are making the sacrifices for our country! It really blows my mind how ungrateful some people can be....
    Yes and they are the ones who need to be sent over there. The land of the free, well freedom is not free. Thanks to all that have served and that are going to serve. I wish my son would join and maybe it would straighen him out a little.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

  6. #6
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Thankful!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    I have a cousin that just flew his first mission in Iraq.
    I am very glade for the men and women that serve for our country.
    So we can have the freedom that we have.
    I feel kinda selfish that i wouldnt want my son going over there.
    But i am proud that he finally figured out what he wanted to do in life.
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

  7. #7
    Senior Member longcut36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    3,601

    Default

    I put 4 years in the AIR FORCE from 1954 to 1958. with one year in Korea. when I was there they had almost nothing. out door stands set up along the streets. towns looked like a big yard sell. would love to go back and see much it has changed.

  8. #8
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
    I put 4 years in the AIR FORCE from 1954 to 1958. with one year in Korea. when I was there they had almost nothing. out door stands set up along the streets. towns looked like a big yard sell. would love to go back and see much it has changed.
    My younger brother spent 2 years in Korea about 3-4 years ago.

  9. #9
    Diamond in the Rough clemenlp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Urbana, Ohio
    Posts
    453

    Default

    It's a family tradition in my family. Had someone serve in every conflict since the war of 1812 (at least that's the furthest back we have been able to research), mine was Bosnia and lost an uncle in Vietnam. Sometimes I sit there and wonder what will happen when my boys turn 18. It is a mixed emotion I am sure, while I hope it stops with me I know how much I benefitted from all of it. To all of the family and loved ones that saw us off and supported us while we were there, we salute you as well.

    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    Jesus Christ & The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

    Some People spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference in the world.
    Luckily our Service Men and Women don't have that problem.

  10. #10
    Senior Member MoSkeeter0311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Support Our Troops
    "Semper Fi"

    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they
    protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts
    they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."


    Wheels3, My hat is off to your husband. I have a lot of people I know in Iraq.
    The Marine Corps has been a Family Tradition for us. My father made 2 beach landings during WWII. (Iwo Jima and Peleliu) I had one cousin on the Bataan Death March, but escaped and spent 3 yrs in the jungle with the Phillipenos, A cousin at "Frozen Chosin" during Korea. And I did 27 months (66 thru 68) in the "Nam" as a Marine "Grunt". Khe Sahn during the '68 Tet was my thing.

    The above is my signature on all e-mails I send and I figure if anyone reads it, then an extra prayer goes out.

  11. #11
    Guest Gator eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In the horn of Michigan
    Posts
    7,185

    Default

    I did 6 years in the Marines..........1983 to 1989

  12. #12
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    I had a Long ride on my harley today with my son.
    He just Inlisted in the Marines Yesterday and will be going to basic training around Nov or Dec. when all the paper work is done.
    He's my only son but he needs to find his own way in life.
    Im at a loss for words on this subject, I just dont want him to go to Irac, but im pretty sure he will,I just hope if he does, he will come home.
    Tha best thing that could happen ta tha boy. Tha Marines will make him inta something that you can and will be very proud of even if he make tha supreme sacrfice fer his people Semper fe



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  13. #13
    My little huntin buddy Josh_Putman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Traverse City, MI
    Posts
    171

    Default

    I did ten years in the Michigan Army National Guard. 126th Infantry. 1990 to 2000. Got out because of medical problems stemming from an auto accident in 1998. Got hit by a 20 year old drunk driver. A few years after I got out, I was feeling a lot better. Too late to get back in then. Was told no because of medical history. Should have stayed in and made them kick me out. Oh well.
    Artificial intelligence will never beat natural stupidity.

    The greatest thing I had accomplished in my life was serving my country, until I became a dad.

  14. #14
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSkeeter0311 View Post
    Support Our Troops
    "Semper Fi"

    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they
    protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts
    they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."


    Wheels3, My hat is off to your husband. I have a lot of people I know in Iraq.
    The Marine Corps has been a Family Tradition for us. My father made 2 beach landings during WWII. (Iwo Jima and Peleliu) I had one cousin on the Bataan Death March, but escaped and spent 3 yrs in the jungle with the Phillipenos, A cousin at "Frozen Chosin" during Korea. And I did 27 months (66 thru 68) in the "Nam" as a Marine "Grunt". Khe Sahn during the '68 Tet was my thing.

    The above is my signature on all e-mails I send and I figure if anyone reads it, then an extra prayer goes out.
    it was my cousin, not my husband

  15. #15
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    I did some time, but never did any "real" time like the men and women are doing today. My hat goes off to them sacrificing and to those that have made the ultimate sacrifice.......
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  16. #16
    Why be Normal bill10418's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Posts
    161

    Default

    I did 20 years in the Army and then retired. The company that I work for, I still work with the military.
    Mathews SwitchBack XT
    29"
    60# Draw
    Extreme RT900 w/additional pin
    Trophy Taker Rest

    http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=2124

  17. #17
    Junior Member buckhunter31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    17

    Default

    3 years us ARMY as a "gun bunny" (Artilery That Is) at Fort Sill..... Hats off to all Men and Woman still Serving....
    Join Today
    P.E.T.A =People Eating Tasty Animals

    Join my Forum http://nehuntingforums.proboards53.com/index.cgi

  18. #18
    Junior Member aligator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ca.
    Posts
    50

    Default

    20+ years U.S.A.F. 1955-75 It was a great 20 years.
    U.S.A.F. RET.

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13

    Wink Another Gun-Bunny

    Two years at Fort Sill where I frequently laid my battery 3200 mils (180 degrees) out.
    In my spare time I took courses in EOD, and invented and patented a 20-yard firing lanyard, enabling me to fire the weapon from behind a truck.

    Bill T

  20. #20
    Senior Member chelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Rafael, CA
    Posts
    451

    Default

    My dad was in the Navy for 30 years...retired as a Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman. He did a tour in Viet Nam and my late ex-husband was also a Navy Corpsman and did a tour in Nam before I knew him though. He got out when his tour ended in Norfolk, VA and that was like 31 years ago.

    I want to just rip the heads off these anti military goonies that live around here. Nobody wants war but sometimes there isn't much choice. I keep thinking if these idiots hate the United States so much they should just move their hind ends to Iraq or wherever it is they think is so "great".
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

Similar Threads

  1. I was wondering......
    By BUNNYMAN in forum Offtopic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 09:33 PM
  2. i was wondering???
    By BUNNYMAN in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 08:53 AM
  3. Just wondering...
    By Wheely in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-17-2007, 09:30 AM
  4. I was wondering...
    By BUNNYMAN in forum 3DShoots.com Smack Down League
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 09:02 AM
  5. Just wondering
    By wolf in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 09:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •