You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Stabilizers??

Default Stabilizers??

I have a hoyt protec and I shoot tournments and was wondering what kind of stabilizer to get and what length? Thanks

Default Stabilizers

Drew I am going to start shooting 3D this year and have no idea who makes a good stabilizer or what lengths are better. But I am hoping someone will answer this ? for both of us. Thanks for asking this ? Good luck

Frank

"HONDA"

Try this link I hope it helps. The .pdf on Stabilizers is really technical but good.

John

http://www.tenzone.u-net.com/Equipment/

Stabilizers do a few things when screwed into a bows' riser. They help balance a bow when in your hand, helping for a steadier aim. And they also help to dissapate any left over energy not transmitted to your arrow upon launch.
    What you need to do is find a pro shop that will let you shoot your setup with different stabilizers. Obviously choosing the stabilizer that feels best to you. As for a magical number with the weight or length of the stabilizer, that can only be found by trying different ones out. Personally, I prefer 10 inch, heavy stabilizers when 3D or target shooting, and light weight shorty's when hunting.(around 6 inches or less.)
    Please remember that in some tournaments, there are rules you need to follow in terms of stabilizer length, type of sight and so on.
    Tweak, tweak, tweak...

Default stabilizers

I prefer a longer stabilizer because it pulls down on the bottom of the bow. IBO rules have changed and will let you use any length stabilizer. I would try a couple out if you can and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew
    I have a hoyt protec and I shoot tournments and was wondering what kind of stabilizer to get and what length? Thanks
    What class do you shoot in? What are the stab rules for that class? You'll start with that info and balance the bow the best you can inside of those rules?

Also..What makes you think you need a stabilizer?

Do the sights climb or fall at full draw? Does your bow want to canter left or right at full draw?

Forget all the hype.....Use a stabilizer to stabilize....If the bow doesn't need stabilization or balancing....You will put the bow out of stabilization and balance by adding a weight to it.

Hope that helps
    Take a kid with you. Show them the Great Outdoors. Pass it on.

The copy of IBO rules I just received last month says nothing about using any length stabilizer you wish. Maybe you are talking about a different class than MBR. But as far as MBR goes, 12 inch max from front of riser.
    Tweak, tweak, tweak...

If you're going to purchase one take a gander at Limbsavers new 2005 S-Coil.. great stabilizer and reduces a lot of riser vibration... should only cost 21-24 dollars too!

hope this helps.
    DTP_HoytTec
    2006 Hoyt Trykon, 29" at 58#
    UltraRest Drop Away
    Target - Copper John PAA Sight
    Hunting - HHA Optimizer rheostat
    Fuse Tec. 4" Camo Stabilizer
    Medium/Black Vapor Trail Strings & Cables
    Beaver Balls
    Bohning Lynx 4
    Alpha Shox
    CX 200 w/white dip & 4" NAP Quickspins