You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Pse diablo

Default Pse diablo

Haven't got to shoot one yet. Is there much vibration? Whats everyone opinions on this bow? Was going to buy the Diamond Liberty bow in a couple of weeks but i'm going to test the Diablo out first. Give info. thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by jdw
    Haven't got to shoot one yet. Is there much vibration? Whats everyone opinions on this bow? Was going to buy the Diamond Liberty bow in a couple of weeks but i'm going to test the Diablo out first. Give info. thanks!!
    Vibration happens after the shot.
    see the PSE forums for a good discussion of how high vibration might sit on the list of desirables in a bow.

http://forums.pse-archery.com/showth...ighlight=shock

Some of the newer PSE bows are reported to have some vibration, they say it is because they made them so light.
    They compensate that by adding a LOT of accessory holes so you can add weight and dampening where YOU want it, instead of where PSE thinks it should be.

Default I'll give it a try

My local shop has a Diablo on the shelf. I dont know anyone who has shot it but next time I go in I'll give it a shot and let you know what I think. I did draw it back the other day and it feels good at full draw.

Frank

"HONDA"

Ive shot the new Diablo at a nearby archery shop at it seems to have alil vibration,not much valley compared to other bows,light as a bow can get.Check out the website www.pse-archery.com for the specs on it.The new grips are like shooting the riser which I like but others may not....ive been told a phase 3 grip will be made to fit the new grip.Great bow and probably be my next hunting bow.
    john wayne

Default Diablo

I shot the Diablo's last night a single cam and a cam and a half. They are very good shooting bows. I did like the feel of the single cam a little better but I think the cam and a half is a little faster. But both are excellent bows. Good luck on what you decide. Not sure what price the Liberty is but I do think the Diablos are a little pricey though. I was quoted 599.00 which sounds high to me.

Frank

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier
    I did like the feel of the single cam a little better but I think the cam and a half is a little faster.
    What about it made it feel better?

I was quoted 599.00 which sounds high to me.
    Sounds on par with other top end bows. Was that the bare bow or the package?

When drawing the single cam it broke over smoother and when shot it just felt like less jumping in my hand. Keep in mind these were bare bows only had a rest on them.

As for the price I believe that mathews,hoyt,and bowtech top bows are faster,quieter and more forgiving than pse. Therefore as I stated it sounds high to me in price. This is only my personal opinion not an attack on PSE. And also jdw was looking at a Diamond Liberty which I think is a little lower priced than the Diablo.

I mean I can get a mathews SB for $612 which just seems to fit me better and is only $13 more.

Frank

"HONDA"

Shot the Switchback, Vengence, Illusion, AR35, and Diablo.

Any hand shock was due to it being so light.
    Add your general hunting set-up and it will even out any jolt and not be too heavy after.
    To the AR35, Vengence and Diablo I added stabilizer and riser dampeners in the riser screw-ins. Took care of any hand shock there was.

Bought the Diablo.
    To me it was the best of the 5.

My Diablo:

Pse diablo - General Archery Forum
    CF Radial X 200s (100gr tips)
    TR Matrix
    WB QS DX
    SCoil
    Scott Wildcat

Pure Hunting Rig.
    Within First 15 shots with my brand new 2006 Diablo, new rest, new CF Radial X 200s and new release. 20 yd Dots. Next time I'll remember to aim at different dots. They plopped the PSE hat on me....
    I am pretty happy with my new bow.

Pse diablo - General Archery Forum

Default Nice Job

I am very happy to hear you like your new bow. And it looks like it is working good for you. Congrats and keep on having fun. That is until season then put that new bow to work. By the way that is one awesome looking rest you have there.

"HONDA"

Well great everyone is talking about a new great bow from pse and the only dealer within 100 miles ofme closes up two days ago!!!! Why didnt you guys start this thread like two weeks ago???? Thank alot, I count on you guys to keep me up to date.

How about the Mojo.

Heard that has some hand shock. You guys talk about being smooth and that pse makes the bows lite and know the owner can make them smooth by add ons????

Bowtech (Allegence), Mathews (Switchbacks, all of them), and Hoyt (Trykon) make there bows smooth out of the box and you can still put all the accesories on them. So tell me which one your getting the better deal for the money on????
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN
    So tell me which one your getting the better deal for the money on????

While I am trying to avoid the whole 'manufacture thing'.....

I dont know about the MOJO, but here was my logic in regards to the Diablo.
    And yes, I shot the SB against the Diablo.

Here is the Mathews SB:
    Draw Weight: 40, 50, 60, 70
    Draw Length: 26" - 30"
    Axle to Axle Length: 33" (Approx)
    Brace Height: (approx.) 7" (Approx)
    Physical Weight: 4.34 lbs (Approx)
    Letoff (%) 65% or 80% (Approx)

Here is the Diablo:
    Draw Weight: 60, 70
    Draw Length: 26" - 30"
    Axle to Axle Length: 33" (Approx)
    Brace Height: 8 3/8" (Approx)
    Physical Weight: 3.7 lbs (Approx)
    Letoff (%) 65% or 80% (Approx)

The Diablo is 1/2lb lighter and, around here, I got my Diablo for $75-$100 LESS than a Switchback.

That basically means for the same price as the SB I got:
    Bow, a Stab, HDS, and a new WB QS DX.
    And it shoots just as smoothly now as the bare bones SB would be, BUT THEN having to buy the 3 other items above on top of the SB price price.

That is where I make my savings.

That is until season then put that new bow to work.
    Every week is 'season'.
    varmit season all the time, Turkey Season in 3 weeks, deer and bear in fall, and just put in for moose permit again.

I really like the WB. My bow is pretty much pure hunting, with some 3D thrown in for fun. I ground stalk (ssslllooowwww walk), so total containment was a must. The QS DX off eBay was 1/2 the price of the Ripcord or QAD, two other containment rest that lock in the up position and you never see a deal on. Dad and Bro ended up with Ripcords that look great, but the WB is shooting right there with them out to 40 yards. Nothing else I need beyond that. And despite what some people have said, it is quiet on draw and release. Silent, no moving parts, offered full containment, AND I got a RH in my first 15 shots @20 yds?!?!?!?
    !! I wont be changing anytime soon. !!
    Last edited by Shaman; 03-30-2006 at 03:50 PM.

Hey Bowman what do you mean why did'nt we start this thread 2 weeks ago? We started it back in January where have you been. Both Diablo's are still on my dealers rack. Several people have shot them but they just keep putting them back on the rack. That grip on the Diablo is pretty wild I do not think you could torque that bow very easily. Do you like the grip Shaman? Those limb pockets are kinda strange to me though. Very glad you are happy with the Diablo. Thats what counts your preference and confidence you have in your equipment.

"HONDA"

That grip on the Diablo is pretty wild I do not think you could torque that bow very easily. Do you like the grip Shaman? Those limb pockets are kinda strange to me though.
    You are right. the grip and the LONG brace height (speed could probably be 320IBO with shorter brace height, but not be so controllable.) very much brings this bow up vertical everytime. That was the difference for me. The bow just naturally came to the shooting position. I have smaller hands and I generally were a camoskinz glove when hunting, so the grip was great. Enough feel to let you feel confident, but not soo much grip that you feel like you are holding a firearm.

The limb pockets work for me. Any bow manufacture could pretty much do the same, but PSE did it first. They just dared to minimize the limb pocket to the functioning parts (bolt and cap/horizontal guides). It gives the bow a nice sleek look. Not traditional, but then neither is the Trykon or Mach X.

The bow is so dead on, I worry about putting on my new one piece quiver coming up.... ARRGGHHHH
    Hate to move the rest, it is dead square.
    Last edited by Shaman; 03-30-2006 at 08:23 PM.

Default Why move rest

Why are you having to move your rest? I have a one piece that attaches to my bow at the sight mounting holes. Besides, if you do have to move it that rest is awesome and should be no problem to realign.

"HONDA"

Why are you having to move your rest? I have a one piece that attaches to my bow at the sight mounting holes.
    I can shoot, but have had older equipment. Now that I am upgrading to a bow that surely exceeds my abilities, a lot of the new set-ups and technology is different. I had a TR two piece I got as a gift, but the mounting holes were so far down on the Diablo Riser, my arrows would not span the gap.

My Current One Piece that was on my old bow has a plate that went under the sight, and screwed through them both. It looked like the TR had a similar plate. That pushes the rest to the right, with the quiver mount acting as a spacer.

That not how it works with the WB and TR Ridgehunter?
    or can you mount the One Piece Bracket over the Sight and screw it down?

Videos....
    Pardon the poor quality.
    Using digital camera and youtube does not display at native size...

Side View

Back View