You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Cubbies !

Hybrid View

Default Cubbies !

Cubs clinch the NL Central !
    Big deal to me, I grew up down the street from Wrigley...

So, we'll what happens now in the post-season... Bad things have happened before...

Ron

Yep thats GREAT news.............been a cubs fan since I was big enough to swing a bat.

"HONDA"

Congrat's to the Cubs. I'm a Brewer fan and at least we had something to cheer for this year. Can't remember the last time they had a chance going into September. But, they really tanked it the past month or so. Good luck to your Cubs in October.

those phillies are gonna kill me yet ...they lost tonight nothing like waiting til the last moment GO PHILS!!!!

Chirstina

Ryan Howard hits 47 HR ....Phillies winning 6-1 whoohoo

Chirstina

Quote Originally Posted by dch3k View Post
    Ryan Howard hits 47 HR ....Phillies winning 6-1 whoohoo
    Yeah, Phils knock down the Mets. Amazing actually. Didn't they win 13 out of their last 17 games for something like that ? That needs to be close to a record for the month of September because the last I saw they were somewhere around 7 games out at the beginning of the month. I thought what the Cubs did was pretty amazing over the past 2 months begin 6 games out or so.

And thanks Timmer. I've been to many Brewers games espacially at old County Stadium and I would trade a Cubs cap for a Brewers cap (temporarily) should they have won the division. It was fitting though that the Brewers last gasp was taken away from them Friday night by the Padres. I have been a huge fan of Greg Maddux since his Cub days and I thought it was fitting that his current team made the final blow. That kind of completes the cycle I guess. It would also be fitting if the Padres got into the playoffs too but I don't know what's happening right now. There has been so much going on today that it's been difficult to keep track of it all.

Ron