You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Smile indian archery

If you want some information on the Indian archery co. If you have google menu bar type in indian archery corp. then click on the first one Escalade inc history it will tell you about the company and how it merged.
    Last edited by stoney1942; 01-02-2009 at 05:02 PM.

i have heard of them but they was made way before my time never got 2 shoot 1
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

Patriot till Death... monkybrainz's Avatar

Just handed down my indian to my kid...all new stuff on it, shoots fine,( atleast in my hands)....I put my old stock PSE sights on it, and a whisker biscut, a peep, and new string. almost wantetd it back...
    Last edited by monkybrainz; 01-06-2009 at 07:57 PM.
    PSE
    And there came a voice to him," Rise Peter, Kill and eat" acts 1o: 13
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sound

Default Indian Stalker

I bought an Indian Stalker in about 1984. Over the years, I have modified it with whisker biscuit, peep sights, etc and camoflaged it. It still shoots good after all these years. The sting and limbs have held up well and I too am about to pass it down to my son, so he can learn to shoot.

Woohoo!!
    An update to this thread. I've been following this for about 6 months now.

LewDog, I'd really like to see a photo of your bow!
    Earlier this summer my Uncle gave me his Indian Stalker that he says he hasn't used in 20+ years. I've never used a bow, except in P.E. class in school. So about 20 years ago. The bow was just that, no rest or anything. It does have a quiver though. My uncle also gave me about a dozen arrows with it.
    A Three days ago, I took it to Gander Mountain in IN. A nice bow tech helped me a ton. First he looked it over and said all appears functionally fine. Hooked me up with a nock, a kisser thingy and a leather finger tab thing. Then he let me take it to the range. What a blast!!! Would really like to update the sights. Replace with fiber pins if I can just find ones that'll work. Yesterday, I went to a bow shop and had a 1/2 dozen arrows made up for me with field points and now I just need a few bales of hay and time.
    Oh yeah, I had them check the #'s and it was 53#.

Blue

Quote Originally Posted by stoney1942 View Post
    I have an indian timber wolf 50# compound, I bought it in 1967. I have never unstrung the bow since I had it and this year I put a new string on for the first time because it was a little frayed, the cable is still the origional cable, when I had a new string put on they tested the poundage and it was 49.4 # That isn't bad for a 50# - 51 year old bow. I put a tru glo 3 pin site on it and sighted it in at 25yds. 50yds. and 75yds. I will put 3 out of 5 arrows in the bullseye. It is the one with a metal frame not wood. I love this bow.
    The origional Indian bow company went out of business or closed down years ago and another Indian Archery co. makes compound bows for children up to 35# or 40#. I hope this helps.
    thanks, stoney1942

do you happen to remember where you got the new string and the specs of it?
    i have the exact same bow that i found lying in my dads closet and decided to find out if i could get it working again.