You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Member Werd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,230

    Default quick question about IBO/FPS

    quick question. my bow says 300-310 IBO. is that the FPS? and my real question is if that is the FPS then why when i got my bow cronowed it was 258 at 65 lbs. its a 70 lb bow.....??
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

  2. #2
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FredBearTRX32User View Post
    quick question. my bow says 300-310 IBO. is that the FPS? and my real question is if that is the FPS then why when i got my bow cronowed it was 258 at 65 lbs. its a 70 lb bow.....??
    That's the IBO rating...Yes it's fps
    That is with the optimun setup...in your case 70#, 30" with a 350 gr arrow and most likely a bare string...
    Every grain you add and # you subtract lowers your fps.


  3. #3
    Senior Member Werd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    That's the IBO rating...Yes it's fps
    That is with the optimun setup...in your case 70#, 30" with a 350 gr arrow and most likely a bare string...
    Every grain you add and # you subtract lowers your fps.
    ok well. tell me if you think this is right. im going to get umm leaches instead of the wiskers..is this smart? and im gonna get the lightest arrows i can fire out my bow. for the season of 08. and im going to get a lighter and small peep and ummm dropback rest i think it is.? or ummm i dont know what its called. i forget. is that a smarter set up for more fps?
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

  4. #4
    IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Doe Run Mo,south east Missouri
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FredBearTRX32User View Post
    ok well. tell me if you think this is right. im going to get umm leaches instead of the wiskers..is this smart? and im gonna get the lightest arrows i can fire out my bow. for the season of 08. and im going to get a lighter and small peep and ummm dropback rest i think it is.? or ummm i dont know what its called. i forget. is that a smarter set up for more fps?
    The cat whiskers are the best imo.Whats your DL.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Werd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    28.5... i think this is why im so low on fps im growing fast tho. soooooo ill be at 30 inch in 2 years
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

  6. #6
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FredBearTRX32User View Post
    28.5... i think this is why im so low on fps im growing fast tho. soooooo ill be at 30 inch in 2 years
    how old are you??
    I cut things up and split them down!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,714

    Default

    Yeah lhem leeches are very labor intensfied fer that wear out quickly
    them whiskers do a great job and last a looooong time
    Have ya considerd a STS>



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  8. #8
    Senior Member Werd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    how old are you??
    15 .
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

  9. #9
    IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Doe Run Mo,south east Missouri
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FredBearTRX32User View Post
    15 .
    You may not make it to a 30" dl.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Werd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    hmmm maybe. my doc said i should grow 4 more inches this year. im 5 10 now. i still got 2 more to grow if his theory is right. and thats just this year. he still said im not done growing. he also said that he expects me to grow over 6 2. so i may be able. if not im going to just get a bowtech. one of them thingys with 37432984372 FPS
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

  11. #11
    IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Doe Run Mo,south east Missouri
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FredBearTRX32User View Post
    hmmm maybe. my doc said i should grow 4 more inches this year. im 5 10 now. i still got 2 more to grow if his theory is right. and thats just this year. he still said im not done growing. he also said that he expects me to grow over 6 2. so i may be able. if not im going to just get a bowtech. one of them thingys with 37432984372 FPS
    Drink a lot of milk.

  12. #12
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FredBearTRX32User View Post
    ok well. tell me if you think this is right. im going to get umm leaches instead of the wiskers..is this smart? and im gonna get the lightest arrows i can fire out my bow. for the season of 08. and im going to get a lighter and small peep and ummm dropback rest i think it is.? or ummm i dont know what its called. i forget. is that a smarter set up for more fps?
    I think...
    Forget about the leeches and whiskers and get a STS or MeanV...that will take the weight off the string and quiet it down a bit. Keep your arrows around 6 grains per pound. A dropaway is a good choice, also you can take the brass nock off the string and just use a loop and tied nock...
    What peep are you using? if it has a tube get rid of it you can go with a G5 metapeep they are pretty light...
    and finally 28.5 DL is gonna hurt the IBO too but speed ain't everything...


Similar Threads

  1. Quick Spins
    By ridgewalker243 in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 08:02 PM
  2. AEP quick disconnect
    By Randy B in forum Archery Equipment Accessories - Buy Sell Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 05:37 PM
  3. Quick Spins
    By Firewalker in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 07:00 PM
  4. NAP Quick Tune 360
    By Hilgy51 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2005, 07:15 PM
  5. quick spin vanes with quick spin broadheads?
    By Dab029 in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 07:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •