You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default quick question about IBO/FPS

quick question. my bow says 300-310 IBO. is that the FPS? and my real question is if that is the FPS then why when i got my bow cronowed it was 258 at 65 lbs. its a 70 lb bow.....??
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

Quote Originally Posted by FredBearTRX32User View Post
    quick question. my bow says 300-310 IBO. is that the FPS? and my real question is if that is the FPS then why when i got my bow cronowed it was 258 at 65 lbs. its a 70 lb bow.....??
    That's the IBO rating...Yes it's fps
    That is with the optimun setup...in your case 70#, 30" with a 350 gr arrow and most likely a bare string...
    Every grain you add and # you subtract lowers your fps.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    That's the IBO rating...Yes it's fps
    That is with the optimun setup...in your case 70#, 30" with a 350 gr arrow and most likely a bare string...
    Every grain you add and # you subtract lowers your fps.
    ok well. tell me if you think this is right. im going to get umm leaches instead of the wiskers..is this smart? and im gonna get the lightest arrows i can fire out my bow. for the season of 08. and im going to get a lighter and small peep and ummm dropback rest i think it is.? or ummm i dont know what its called. i forget. is that a smarter set up for more fps?
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

ok well. tell me if you think this is right. im going to get umm leaches instead of the wiskers..is this smart? and im gonna get the lightest arrows i can fire out my bow. for the season of 08. and im going to get a lighter and small peep and ummm dropback rest i think it is.? or ummm i dont know what its called. i forget. is that a smarter set up for more fps?
    The cat whiskers are the best imo.Whats your DL.

28.5... i think this is why im so low on fps im growing fast tho. soooooo ill be at 30 inch in 2 years
    I play snake

28.5... i think this is why im so low on fps im growing fast tho. soooooo ill be at 30 inch in 2 years
    how old are you??
    I cut things up and split them down!

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Yeah lhem leeches are very labor intensfied fer that wear out quickly
    them whiskers do a great job and last a looooong time
    Have ya considerd a STS>

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    how old are you??
    15 .
    I play snake

15 .
    You may not make it to a 30" dl.

hmmm maybe. my doc said i should grow 4 more inches this year. im 5 10 now. i still got 2 more to grow if his theory is right. and thats just this year. he still said im not done growing. he also said that he expects me to grow over 6 2. so i may be able. if not im going to just get a bowtech. one of them thingys with 37432984372 FPS
    I play snake

hmmm maybe. my doc said i should grow 4 more inches this year. im 5 10 now. i still got 2 more to grow if his theory is right. and thats just this year. he still said im not done growing. he also said that he expects me to grow over 6 2. so i may be able. if not im going to just get a bowtech. one of them thingys with 37432984372 FPS
    Drink a lot of milk.

I think...
    Forget about the leeches and whiskers and get a STS or MeanV...that will take the weight off the string and quiet it down a bit. Keep your arrows around 6 grains per pound. A dropaway is a good choice, also you can take the brass nock off the string and just use a loop and tied nock...
    What peep are you using? if it has a tube get rid of it you can go with a G5 metapeep they are pretty light...
    and finally 28.5 DL is gonna hurt the IBO too but speed ain't everything...