You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Curiosity killed the deer

Yestrday was opening Day for Archery season in Indiana. I didn't get to hunt yesterday morning but I went out yesterday evening. I lost count of how many Does and fawns I saw but I would say it was somewhere around 15-16. I had a nice 10 point chase a doe with a fawn within 30 yards of my stand but he was in the brush and I couldn't get a shot. I did connect with a pretty good Doe. She weighed around the 120 mark I would guess. The funny part to this story is I switched to the AXIS St's this year and I didn't realize that my quiver wouldn't hold them snuggly in place. I had an arrow with a field tip on it. I usually always carry at least one with a field tip. So I climb my tree and start to get set and the arrow with the field tip slid out of the bottom of my quiver and landed under my stand. I had 2 green fletchings and 1 white on my arrow. When the doe stepped out of the brush she was looking around and then something caught her eye on the ground and she turned and started walking toward my arrow. She was looking right at it. She turned broadside at about 18yrds and I plugged her she ran about 40 yards and piled up. It was the wildest thing that I had ever seen. I think I am just gonna drop an arrow out of my stand from now on and leave the decoys at home.

one time i had a few does come in and as i drew back my bow my arrow (that had a broken knock witch i didnt know) fell to the ground after hitting my tree stand on the way down. so now im at full draw with no arrow! all three deer one at a time walked over to my arrow and was checking it out. then they just walked away like nothing ever happened. very strange.
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganHunter View Post
    one time i had a few does come in and as i drew back my bow my arrow (that had a broken knock witch i didnt know) fell to the ground after hitting my tree stand on the way down. so now im at full draw with no arrow! all three deer one at a time walked over to my arrow and was checking it out. then they just walked away like nothing ever happened. very strange.
    They could tell at that point that you were shooting blanks
    Hook 'Em Horns

lol ive had some weird stuff happen my self. i was getting out my climber one night and heard something coming from behind me. a six point....ok now look. its a little too dark to see so i dont pay mind to him and just keep going. he stopped and came right under me and looked up at me and im still getting down. he was retarded or sumthing kuz soon as i hit the ground he ran i dont know if he thought i was a huge squirrle or what?
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Hook Em View Post

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

LOLOL
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

...that doe's worth a 100pt's...