You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default anyone ever use deer cain? or cmere deer?

please let me know your results. worth the money?

I used it behind my house once to see the results. The deer ate a hole into the ground! this stuff really works. I am not allowed to use it here during the hunting season .
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
    FBSA MEMBER

did you use cmere deer?

Default Ha,Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by agdave112 View Post
    Check hunting tip's thread, Ive been using Deer Cain for about 10 years great stuff.
    Check your local laws first,in VA ya cant put anything down after Sept 1
    I dont know about other states.
    Ive taken a few bucks pawing the ground with this stuff!
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

did you use cmere deer?
    No, I used the deer cain
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
    FBSA MEMBER

I used it and they ignored it. finally washed away from rain. I have had great success with Lucky Buck!!!
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

The gooey, syrup like stuff in the one gallon plastic jug works just as good, and it only costs $8.00. C'mere deer is like $25.

I watched 2 bucks dig a hole 2 weeks after I put that stuff on the ground to get a taste.
    www.livingstongunclub.org
    www.jimposten.com for the finest stabilizers in the world
    www.meanvarchery.com Custom String Suppression for that shot of a lifetime
    Add some custom bling with a www.slingbraid.com

Nope.
    Cannot bait in Illinois.

Ron

Default Kinda...

We put it out, but not where we hunt. About 100 yards off our back porch, we have a feeder and a small spot of Deer Cain.

We put it out so we can have them coming into the back yard year round, not to hunt off of. Plus its supposed to keep them healthier.

That being said, they use it, but I don't know how well it would work as bait? I think you'd have more success using acorns/apples/corn/etc as a bait than deer cain.

Y'all say baiting is illegal after a certain date, but what's the difference between a deer feeder and baiting? Or can you not have a feeder either after Sept 1 in your state?

what isthe difference in bating, feeders,a corn field, a hay field, a grass farm, apple trees, ect all have the same purpose... makes some states feel better to say they dont feed the deer like others they just hunt a 100 acre corn field or orchard

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman View Post
    what isthe difference in bating, feeders,a corn field, a hay field, a grass farm, apple trees, ect all have the same purpose... makes some states feel better to say they dont feed the deer like others they just hunt a 100 acre corn field or orchard
    I ever could figure that out either.It's strange that here in Mo you have to stop hunting spring gobblers in the afternoon so they can do their thing with the hens....but you can hunt bucks all day long....i know....they mostly do their love making at night.I have seen them do it in the middle of the day though... A Quickie

A buddy and I used C'mere deer one time last year during the rut. Shot a decent size ten point he went straight for the stuff. I would say it works pretty good although it is very expensive.
    '07 Allegiance
    65lbs 29in DL
    Fuse 5 Pin Fiber Optic
    100 gr Montec broadhead

I used the powder in the jug a couple times years ago. Whichever that one is. deer cane I think.
    Mixed it with water as directed, poured it on a couple spots in late Sept.
    Nothin, Nothin, Nothin, then about 5-6 weeks later all the treated areas were holes dug 6-8 inches deep and two feet across, and they kept hitting it for about two months.
    Guess it has to ferment or something,but when it did, they went wild for it.
    The spots were all right beside big trails used heavily from the time I poured it.

Default The same!

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    Y'all say baiting is illegal after a certain date, but what's the difference between a deer feeder and baiting? Or can you not have a feeder either after Sept 1 in your state?
    It is the same:
    In VA there is a cutoff time which is Sept.1
    You can use feeders and corn and anything you want until this time and then you have to pull the feeders out and stop.
    We use this togeather with food plots which are legal year round while the plot is growing!
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Nope.
    Cannot bait in Illinois.

Ron

Thats true ! but I thought you can use a mineral supplement down there? I have a friend that owns property in brown county and he's been using Lucky buck for a few years. Its not considered a bait cause it is a supplement. I've used it for 3 years now. And they have dug holes about 6' round and a 1' deep. And have eaten stumps down to the dirt.. and the antler growth per year is awesome!!
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

spring turkey season here is untill noon every day also.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

well I used cmere deer and the deer kraze and the deer cane depending on your area that you put it in it all works but not hardly at all in the spring no matter where you put it unless the deer just really need the nutrients that are in it. that is why they love the stuff is the minerals and nutrients that is in it. We test it all over our land around the acorn trees and near the corn fields soybeans you name it. The stuff does work just better at different time of the year and the area you put it in. The best thing with any of it is to find a well used trail that is close to a natural water source and put it about 10 to 15 ft off of it. I have found that old stumps work the best. Just FYI the cmere deer works great to mix it with water and soak corn in it for a day or so then put it out. Good luck I've got 4 nice deer so far this year out of the same tree.
    You never know untill you try

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Can't hunt over baits here either..but one thing i know they love is sweet corn.I get it at the local feed store and they take a 50lb bag of feeder corn and dump it it this big bin and pour Molases(sp?) all over it and stir it up and dump it back into the bag..I am not kidding...deer love it.I put it out in back of the house and if the deer are with in smelling distance..they will come to it...and than keep comming back to it.I'm a firm believer that they have a sweet tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by IChim2 View Post
    Can't hunt over baits here either..but one thing i know they love is sweet corn.I get it at the local feed store and they take a 50lb bag of feeder corn and dump it it this big bin and pour Molases(sp?) all over it and stir it up and dump it back into the bag..I am not kidding...deer love it.I put it out in back of the house and if the deer are with in smelling distance..they will come to it...and than keep comming back to it.I'm a firm believer that they have a sweet tooth.
    We put out screened caramel corn waste when we can get it, and the bears go nuts for it.
    Deer didn't go for it at all, but they loved the regular popcorn screenings.
    Nothing would eat the cheese corn waste. Not even skunks.