You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: XI bows

Hybrid View

Default XI bows

How many here remember shooting XI bows? I just sold my XI XRG a couple of months ago. I killed alot of deer with that bow. I used to shoot 3D with it too. Back when we could shoot 90lbs with no arrow weight restriction. I personally got to see more than a couple bows blow up in them days......

I still have a couple in my basement, a Flatliner that I hunted with quite a while and a XI Scream single cam that is practically new.

I actually shot for them from 1993 to 1997. Although I never shot the hard cammed Flatliner I did have several bows with the slightly softer cam (Legacy, Nemisis, etc) and they were good shooters.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

So what was the point of 90#+ bows for 3d..... ????
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tnts79 View Post
    So what was the point of 90#+ bows for 3d..... ????
    speed. why else?
    No I'm not dead

And you need that much speed because....your hurling huge tree trunks for arrows???
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    How many here remember shooting XI bows? I just sold my XI XRG a couple of months ago. I killed alot of deer with that bow. I used to shoot 3D with it too. Back when we could shoot 90lbs with no arrow weight restriction. I personally got to see more than a couple bows blow up in them days......
    I am almost a bow virgin, only had two so far OR I am just too young to know what you are talking about

The bows we are talking about we were shooting somewhere in the mid to late 80's. I learned to never ask a lady her age so we will leave it at that......

My XRG almost had a round wheel on it it wasn't much of a cam at all. It pulled pretty sweet. I still have an old hoyt in the closet and I can't think of what the model of it was but it's got a big old cast riser on it and it pulls like a fence post. I thought I was something special when I bought my first High Country Supreme with the hatchet cams.

Never shot an XI, but I remember them well...
    back then I was a Fred Bear man also had an old Browning X-cellerator...They were all good bows

still have my flatliner, and may have to use it this year. but I'd like to find f31 modules for it.

Default Xi Compound Bows "Putting the odds in your favor"

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    Reflecting on the very first post in this thread as quoted above.....
    My first Xi was a 1990 model Myles Keller Legend Magnum. I traded in a Barnett Sidewinder for it at the late Dan Quillian's Archery Traditions shop in Athens, GA. Got a part time job there on weekends and got my first coaching and pro advice there. Started out shooting "dots" there and eventually hooked up w/ a 3D guy that showed me the ropes. By the time I moved back to NC in '92 I had that legend set at 29" and 80 lbs. with a 4" overdraw, lobbing XX75 2512 Autum Hunters (the solid orange shafts). Dey sure looked purdee in the Xi quiver and Xi bow in Oak Grey camo., gorgeous!
    With a then magnesium riser (very light wt), she popped in half one day on the 3D course and just barely drew the blood from my chin! I started shooting full length Beman carbons after that in my 'new' Legend Magnum that Xi sent me...no hassles, just sent them the pieces and they sent me a brand new bow. The Legend Mags. were upgraded to aluminum risers and Predator Grey or Predator Brown camo. by the time I broke mine and it was a PG 60-80 pounder and I hate the day I sold it. Saw one on e bay last fall that was mint for about $225 but lost the bid and missed out. RATS! Talk about a sweet driller...not blazing fast but with carbons and Muzzys, very, very smooth and powerful. I once slayed four out of six wild feral hogs under my deer stand with it in less than a full minute I would guess. We had a serious problem with hogs on that lease and put the hurt on 'em every chance we got. I was launching Beman Camo Hunters as fast as I could nock 'em on the string. Me and my buddies dressed and butchered hogs till about 3a.m. 4 large hogs (3 males, 1 female) between the three of us and it was a 'pigfest'! HA! We had a 1975 AMC Gremlin for our camp/hunt truck and had HOG all over it...inside and out. The little 258 c.i. inline six pulled the load just fine but the suspension was SCAH-REE-MIN! It was a sight to see HA! Those were the days.........