You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default String Suppressor....

Are they really worth it? I shoot a Drenalin now and have several people tell me to put some type of a suppressor on it and it would stop the little vibration it has. So do you all like suppressors???? Love to hear your opinions!!!

Thanks,
    Melissa
    Melissa Vines
    ~~~~~~
    Mathews Drenalin

First of all welcome to the site

I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail now. From what I read on this site and others ......Yes, They are.
    One of the members of this site makes custom suppressors and comes highly recommended. And he makes them custom for your bow. (good prices too). Check out his site.
    http://www.meanvarchery.exactwebsites.com/home.html
    Also checkout Pathfinderarrow wraps for a little customization for you arrows and while your their check out the bowstands. All great products.

Thanks Skeeter!! There are several models of string suppressors out there now. Look them over buy the one you like and enjoy the benefits. String Suppressors are one of the best bangs for your $$ you can get.

Dan
    Last edited by MeanV2; 01-03-2010 at 10:25 AM.
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    Thanks Skeeter!! There are several models of string suppressors out there now. Look them over buy the one you like and enjoy the benefits. String Suppressors are one of the best bangs for your $$ you can get.

Dan
    No problem... Just don't forget my finders fee... Just kidding. Looked at the one's when I was at Cabelas yesterday (STS) and wasn't impressed. And the kid working with me there told me that they were universal and just had to be adjusted for your bow.

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

I also got a css from meanv and to say i like it is a huge under statement.My group's got tighter and even though my bow was all ready quiet..except for that slight peep tube twang..i don't even hear it now.Liked the first so much i ordered another for my back up bow.GL

Default Got a suppressor on new bow

My new Hoyt came with a suppressor and I wouldn't shoot without it now that I've used it. There is absolutely no sense of vibration in my shots. My shots are very predictable.

Like any other adjustable part of the bow, I do need to check the setting before shooting and adjust it if necessary. (Allen wrench).

Good luck on yours.

BillT

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IChim2 View Post
    I also got a css from meanv and to say i like it is a huge under statement.My group's got tighter and even though my bow was all ready quiet..except for that slight peep tube twang..i don't even hear it now.Liked the first so much i ordered another for my back up bow.GL
    ...update....got my 2nd css from meanv today...(ordered it last wk and got it this wk..thats fast CS ) for my back up bow..life is good....Thanks Dan....Next is getting my cams etc....done in camo.

Yes they do work great and Meanv makes an excellent product, ships quick and is an honest person to work with.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post

Dan
    I have a hoyt vipertec and it has no where to screw a string suppressor on the back of the stabilizer how do I put one on my bow???
    Hunt Hard or Don't GO

Quote Originally Posted by IAHunter11 View Post
    I have a hoyt vipertec and it has no where to screw a string suppressor on the back of the stabilizer how do I put one on my bow???
    front mount STS.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    front mount STS.....
    STS has a side mount just for hoyt also... Swweeeettttt.. Thanks
    Hunt Hard or Don't GO