You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone chew and hunt/Shoot?

Anybody pack a lip while there out shooting, or hunting?

I'm guilty

Dunno what it is, but it just helps me focus a whole lot better

Hmm chew....and then that spit stuff...wouldn't the Bambi's smell that? I'd chew food but not tabacky....
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

I dont know if it really gets the deer,

I did for years and years...

Happy to say that I am tobbacco free for two years now.

Quote Originally Posted by VE6WTF View Post
    Anybody pack a lip while there out shooting, or hunting?
    Heck I cant kill a thing unless I'm chewing some Kodiak! hunting,fishing, spots, 3d, tv, 4wheeling, football...
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
    Hmm chew....and then that spit stuff...wouldn't the Bambi's smell that? I'd chew food but not tabacky....
    thats funny you say that. i killed to does about 5 years ago under my tree that was eating the leaves I was spitting on...
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

all the years I chewed Kodiak...that never bothered deer... loud spitting...ya sometimes they heard that. (and funny as hell when your bud thinks he lifted his face net high enough to spit...but didn't quite make 'er.

Smoking was similar... never had a deer bust me for scent of cigarette smoke. (they did bust me for movement while smoking, though). My brother and I called cigarettes deer calls because you knew when you lit one and were not really ready to operate your gun or bow that you'd see Bambi wander in

Huntin Junkie

I always have my lip packed, but I don't spit, so no bother with the face net.
    Introduce a kid to the outdoors, the American way depends on it

If you can read this, thank a teacher
    If you can read this in english, thank a soldier.

08 82nd Airborne, 29" - 60 lbs - 300 fps
    Octane Hostage Pro
    Octane quiver
    G5 XR .019 sights, Meta peep
    Sims S-coil
    Carbon Force Radial X-weav, Rage 3-blade - 390 grn

06 Tribute, 27.5" - 284 fps

What are you guys gonna use to feel your kisser in 20 years when your lips fall off from that stuff???????
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

I have always chewed when hunting. I too have had deer come up and lick either the base of the tree or the leaves of where I was spitting. I really don't think it bothers them. They are curious as to what it is but not spooked by it. At least that is what I have observed. I need something to calm me down.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by "SIN"ERGY View Post
    What are you guys gonna use to feel your kisser in 20 years when your lips fall off from that stuff???????
    I started chewing in 1966 while overseas. (it was extremely unhealthy to light a cigarette at nite). Quit in 2002 because my gums were so bad that now I have all false teeth. But I always chewed when I hunted deer. (never spit), and it never seem to bother them. Chewed Skoal Straight and I always figure it over powered my humans breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Clover & Oats View Post
    I have always chewed when hunting. I too have had deer come up and lick either the base of the tree or the leaves of where I was spitting. I really don't think it bothers them. They are curious as to what it is but not spooked by it. At least that is what I have observed. I need something to calm me down.
    How bought some deep breathing...you know some nice Zen breaths. That's what I do when I'm shooting, helps alot.
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

I quit about 3 months ago. I also had deer come right under my stand sniffing the spit.

What on earth is a Zen breath???

Is that like taking a deep breath except for having a joint between your lips???
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
    How bought some deep breathing...you know some nice Zen breaths. That's what I do when I'm shooting, helps alot.
    Listen to you, "take a deep breath" It's so easy to say when you don't have a 140 class ten yards away, is hot on a doe and is beating the crap out of any brush around him. Then you rush the shot and miss low. I should have just taken a deep breath. Kind of like trying to get rid of my target panic. All you have to do is put that little pin on that tiny dot and squeeze the trigger. Sure sounds easy.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Have the bad habit myself. never been busted by deer that I know of. never lost a tooth from it either.

Yeah I have been chewing for about three months.
    REALLY helps me calm down, Never had Kodiac though, up here in Canada is Skoal or Cope..

I usually go for the cope long. <3 the sandpaper

Mum isnt to crazy about it, but she figures I will keep my mouth shut and get in less trouble. only thing is since im underage I gotta get a three day scruff to buy the stuff.

It really helps me shoot, or at least I think.. and it aint bad when your in a stand or on the stalk.

Kyle,

Good job Gator eye. I chewed for 20 years and have now been tobacco free for 5 years. Did'nt bother the deer at all..............it was the fella down the road that had his lower lip removed from cancer that bothered me. Life is too short. Please if you dip try to stop find something else for the nerves guys.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Good job Gator eye. I chewed for 20 years and have now been tobacco free for 5 years. Did'nt bother the deer at all..............it was the fella down the road that had his lower lip removed from cancer that bothered me. Life is too short. Please if you dip try to stop find something else for the nerves guys.

Good for you to have quit, that stuff will eventually tear your mouth up bad.

To say thast it helps you shoot is a terrible excuse to use something that will someday kill or disfigure you.... Life is too short find another vice.
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER