You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Senior Member Southernfryedyankee's Avatar

Default Question about re-tuning

I noticed my arrows were entering the target on a left-right angle. In the process of re-tuning, I aligned my string to the centerline of the bow, which is aligned to the arrow, which aligned to the center of the prongs on the rest (which I adjusted the windage), which is now aligned to the middle of the black lines of my bubble level on my sight. are my pins supposed to be in the middle of the bowstring so I cant see their dots or just to the left where I can see still the dots if I align everything else? Any takers. I am being a real PITA the last couple of days
    Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.

http://www.godscountryoutdoors.net
    http://http://www.meanvarchery.com/home.html

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

I don't know about everyone else but my pins are just a hair to the left of the string.

Mine line up slightly to the left of the string.
    I CAN'T SEE YOU, AND I CAN'T HEAR YOU, BUT I CAN SMELL YOU AND YOU WON'T EVEN KNOW I WAS HEAR!! IT'S TIME TO DISAPPEAR!!
    THIS IS MY HOME. I LIVE HERE AND I CAN TELL IF SOMETHING IS OUT OF PLACE JUST LIKE YOU CAN TELL IF SOMETHING HAS BEEN MOVED ON YOUR BOOKSHELF!! I ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT TO EAT!! AT THE SLIGHTEST HINT OF YOUR PRESENCE, I'M GONE!! EVEN IF I MAKE A MISTAKE YOU SHAKE UNCONTROLLABLY IN MY PRESENCE AND COULDN'T GET THE SHOT OFF IF --THUMP--SWACK!!

Yeap they'll be off just a hair cause of torque from the cable guard.

Yep, same here, my pins are a hair to the left of the string.

Are you sure you have your arrow center-shot set right ? Seems like your arrows might be fish-tailing.

One thing to keep in mind is that your center shot may not actually be in the exact center when your bow is properly tuned. You may need to adjust the rest a bit left or right due to bow torque and/or arrow spine that's not exactly right for your bow/arrow setup.

Ron

they will be unless you shoot a shoot through system. Its the only true center string bows out. Meaning Martin bows.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Yeap they'll be off just a hair cause of torque from the cable guard.
    Gator eye is correct, unless you have a bow with a shoot thru cable design, your sight will be left of center (for a right handed shooter) due to torque from the cables on the cable rod at full draw. Also remember that measured center shot is a starting point, and there are many other factors that determine where the actual horizontal position of the arrow will be, paper tuning and walk back tuning will get you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    they will be unless you shoot a shoot through system. Its the only true center string bows out. Meaning Martin bows.
    Don't forget about Barnsdale and Monster, Oneida is also cable guideless, and the Duvawapi spreader system conversions.