You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New PSE X-Force

Default New PSE X-Force

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is shooting the new PSE X-Force? I have been shooting a Fred Bear Epic Extreme for the past 6 years and am looking to upgrade. I like the idea of having one pin for 40 yards and in. Have also been looking at the Matthew's, Bow Tech, etc. Anyone have any input?

Your typical hunting arrow wont be 1 pin to 40 yards. Thats a marketing gimmick with a 350 grain arrow! Just try one out, I shot one and didn't like it. If your going to spend the money shoot every bow you think you might like and then decide! to the forum
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead

Thanks tnts,
    I know it was a 350 grain arrow and would most likely shoot heavier than that. I watched the 10 minute video on youtube and it smoked the competition. I have not been hunting as hard as i used too and im ready to get back in the game.

i went and got a new bow a few weeks ago... went in looking to get one bow and ended up buying a differnt one.... i shot 15 differnt bow and picked the one i like best.
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

Yeah, if you look into high country they advertise bows well into the 350 fps range, but they shoot a 230 grain arrow. Companies use speed to lure in consumers, just go in with an idea what you want to shoot and shoot several, then let your wallet decide! More often than not the bow you like the most is more than you want to spend.....decisions decisions!

I have been shooting the XForce for about a year now, and yes it is possible to shoot one pin out to 40 yards. You set it at 30 yards and you will be about 2 to 3 inches high at 20 yards and about 3 inches low at 40 yards. But for 3D shooting, I use 4 pins, set at 20/30/40/50. The key to the one pin is that you need to have the speed. My set up is: 60#, 28" draw, 305 grn arrow, at 321 fps. I know you'll here from people who shoot other bows that it is not possible and that is becuase they do not have the speed to do it. All bow companies make an outstanding product, but lack the speed to do the one pin out to 40 yards. It is not a gimmick, it is possible but you really need to be shooting at least 330 fps, which is possible with the XForce.
    Bob
    If I can't hunt in
    heaven, I don't wanna go
    Shoot straight, and aim
    for the 12 ring.

You guys are right, shoot them all and pick the one you like. The only problem with that is im a lefty with a 30" draw.. so alot of the time the stores in my area dont even have one available to shoot.

Thanks, i figured i would be shooting about 65# with a 30" draw, which i figured would be plenty fast and about 90 lbs. of kinetic energy.

I am a lefty too, sometimes you get lucky! I was going to keep my reflex as my back up bow but I have been thinking about selling it. Your planning on buying new aren't ya?

Quote Originally Posted by rpford53 View Post
    You set it at 30 yards and you will be about 2 to 3 inches high at 20 yards and about 3 inches low at 40 yards.
    Well duh.... you can do that with any bow. I don't consider 2-3" here or there to be do-able! My arrow hits where I hold my pin its that simple. Lets just run the numbers, im shooting a 390 grain arrow at 285 fps.

ke on my trykon 70.36 (29" draw @ 65lbs) 390 grains
    ke on your x-force 69.8 (28" draw @ 60lbs.) 305 grains
    just for reference

Quote Originally Posted by mdbowhunter82 View Post
    You guys are right, shoot them all and pick the one you like. The only problem with that is im a lefty with a 30" draw.. so alot of the time the stores in my area dont even have one available to shoot.
    THAT ONE OF THE REASONS I STARTED SHOOTING RIGHT HANDED.
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

I have been shooting the XForce for about a year now, and yes it is possible to shoot one pin out to 40 yards. You set it at 30 yards and you will be about 2 to 3 inches high at 20 yards and about 3 inches low at 40 yards. But for 3D shooting, I use 4 pins, set at 20/30/40/50. The key to the one pin is that you need to have the speed. My set up is: 60#, 28" draw, 305 grn arrow, at 321 fps. I know you'll here from people who shoot other bows that it is not possible and that is becuase they do not have the speed to do it. All bow companies make an outstanding product, but lack the speed to do the one pin out to 40 yards. It is not a gimmick, it is possible but you really need to be shooting at least 330 fps, which is possible with the XForce.

Well then you really don't have 1 pin out to 40. When someone says they have 1 pin to a certain distance most mean that that pin will hit the x at any distance in that range. A shotgun slug will drop up to an inch from 50yards to 100 yards, and that is traveling a heck of a lot faster than any bow will shoot an arrow.
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

You get a "that a boy" for that SINERGY! Wise Man....

No thanks, I like the Reflex's though. My dad just got one. What i meant about the 40 yard pin was if you're shooting optimal fps with the x-force you're not going to have to worry as much about arrow drop(according to the tests). Im talking about shooting whitetails not quarters.

Depends on where you are holding the pin!!

If you want a Fast bow take a Look at the Airborne models from Bowtech. I think you will be pleasantly surprised once you shoot it against the competetion. I have one on order

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Well if good nough is good enough for you then you can have 1 pin to 60 yards!

Talking

Who knows? couple years you just might...

If you read my message you will see that it is my 3D set that I have different pins, on my spot bow I have a scope, my hunting set up is one to 40, then one a 50, 60, 70, 80. It is like maxuim effective range on a rifle, where you can hold dead center and hit the boiler room out to a certain distance. On pin hold dead center out to 40 yards, then you hit it in the boiler room = dead deer. I have seen the Airborne bow it the list IBO speed yet, close, but now cookie.
    Bob
    If I can't hunt in
    heaven, I don't wanna go
    Shoot straight, and aim
    for the 12 ring.

Oh, my elk set up is 60#, 28" draw, 380 grn arrow = 293 fps for kn of 72.46.
    Bob
    If I can't hunt in
    heaven, I don't wanna go
    Shoot straight, and aim
    for the 12 ring.

Quote Originally Posted by mdbowhunter82 View Post
    Thanks tnts,
    I know it was a 350 grain arrow and would most likely shoot heavier than that. I watched the 10 minute video on youtube and it smoked the competition. I have not been hunting as hard as i used too and im ready to get back in the game.
    Yes and that was a setup gimmick. You didn't see them put that bow against say a Mace or a Black Mamba, Or and Envy, Or and allegence with speed mods or trykon with speed mods and many others that can produce in that speed range. No you saw a 345 355 fps bow challenge a 305 to 315 rough guess bows.
    I am not saying that the X force is a bad bow. No way it is a great bow. But now there is a lot more bows coming out this year 08 that are going to produce the same and higher fps. Your best bet is to forget about that commercial and go to a shop. Try as many bows as you can and decide what feels best to you.
    Otherwise you will find yourself regretting your purchase almost instantly and will always second guess what you bought.