You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boy I just check the price of space at the ATA show

My wife just about had to pick me up out of the floor.
    10 X 10 2100 dollars, at that price we will not be there.
    That is way to much money for us right now.
    With that, room for 3 nights, rental van it would cost me over 5000 dollars.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

That seems a little high at any standard. I was a broker for home shows and car shows and tattoo shows and usually the 10x10 space is about 1,000.00 here in Cal.

Maybe you could just send a stand to Pink and she could sneak it into the Magnus booth
    Hook 'Em Horns

Quote Originally Posted by Hook Em View Post
    Maybe you could just send a stand to Pink and she could sneak it into the Magnus booth
    I wonder if you could just show up as a manufacturer with one on your hip and walk around taking orders on a palm pilot or something.....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    I wonder if you could just show up as a manufacturer with one on your hip and walk around taking orders on a palm pilot or something.....
    You a sneaky little fella, aren't ya.

$2100 for 10 X 10 thats just crazy. Maybe you need to get with your dealer and split the cost.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    You a sneaky little fella, aren't ya.

$2100 for 10 X 10 thats just crazy. Maybe you need to get with your dealer and split the cost.
    His dealer might be there with one hanging it off his belt......
    Last edited by jcmorgan31; 10-12-2007 at 03:57 PM.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Site Guru

I could be wrong but I think Mathews said their booth at the show + related expenses was over 250K annually, which is why they said screw it and just donated the money to Archery charities

Really I think with Mathews move last year to have bows in hunters hand before Xmas they broke the "mold" of waiting for the A2A show to reveal new designs and bows... good move
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I could be wrong but I think Mathews said their booth at the show + related expenses was over 250K annually, which is why they said screw it and just donated the money to Archery charities

Really I think with Mathews move last year to have bows in hunters hand before Xmas they broke the "mold" of waiting for the A2A show to reveal new designs and bows... good move
    $250,000 - the booth fee = $247,900. What did they spend the rest on? Maybe they used the same calculator they use to get their IBO speeds.....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

http://www.archerytrade.org/downloads/floorplan08.pdf
    link to the floor plan lay out

Booth Size Regular Member Basic Member Nonmember
    10x10 $1700 $1900 $2100
    10x20 $3400 $3800 $4200
    10x30 $5100 $5700 $6300
    20x20 $6800 $7600 $8400

these are the prices, and if you check the map most bow companys have 20 X 60 or bigger spaces
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Site Guru

$250,000 - the booth fee = $247,900. What did they spend the rest on? Maybe they used the same calculator they use to get their IBO speeds.....
    they didn't have a 10 x 10 booth they had a lot more room then that I guess + transportation costs, room and board... it'll add up quick. Figure that 5K is for just you, throw in about 5 more people, 50x more stuff... would need a semi.

Mathews Donates Additional $250,000.00 to NASP

Mathews Inc. announced that it would not attend the 2007 Archery Trade Show in Atlanta, Georgia, in order to concentrate more effort in supporting the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP). However, they continue to be an active member of the Archery Trade Association.

Mathews Inc. has donated over one million dollars in contributions and commitments to NASP and will donate an additional $250,000.00 in 2007. Mathews Inc. founder and CEO, Matt McPherson, states, 'While we will certainly miss seeing everybody in Atlanta, we feel it is vitally important to support the rapidly growing Archery in the Schools Program. It has proven to have a profound effect on the lives of kids, as well as the future of archery. We want to do everything possible to support the NASP effort.'

The National Archery in the Schools Program is represented in 36 states and in 2005 alone, over 500,000 youngsters participated in the NASP program. Visit www.nasparchery.com to learn more about NASP or to find out how you may contribute to The National Archery in the Schools Program.
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    they didn't have a 10 x 10 booth they had a lot more room then that I guess + transportation costs, room and board... it'll add up quick. Figure that 5K is for just you, throw in about 5 more people, 50x more stuff... would need a semi.

Mathews Donates Additional $250,000.00 to NASP

Mathews Inc. announced that it would not attend the 2007 Archery Trade Show in Atlanta, Georgia, in order to concentrate more effort in supporting the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP). However, they continue to be an active member of the Archery Trade Association.

Mathews Inc. has donated over one million dollars in contributions and commitments to NASP and will donate an additional $250,000.00 in 2007. Mathews Inc. founder and CEO, Matt McPherson, states, 'While we will certainly miss seeing everybody in Atlanta, we feel it is vitally important to support the rapidly growing Archery in the Schools Program. It has proven to have a profound effect on the lives of kids, as well as the future of archery. We want to do everything possible to support the NASP effort.'

The National Archery in the Schools Program is represented in 36 states and in 2005 alone, over 500,000 youngsters participated in the NASP program. Visit www.nasparchery.com to learn more about NASP or to find out how you may contribute to The National Archery in the Schools Program.

NASP is a great program, but if they weren't using Genesis bows I doubt the money would have went there. Maybe it would have anyway, but Mathews benefits from that program.

I'm sure it does cost a lot to attend the ATA show, but it ain't no $250 grand.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Will I added up and it will cost me 5 grand to go and have small space. But I am going to talk to a few bow companys that I know the owners and see if I can rent a small part of there space. Se I am willing to pay 5 to 7 hunderd for space but not that much. I can rent a van, load up and drive there, sleep in the van a couple of nights and get a room to clean up in 1 or 2 nights. Eat cheap and come out for around under 2 grand.
    But we will see, I know I could do very well there but just can not swing it at that price 5 grand is a lot for a small up and comer.

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    Will I added up and it will cost me 5 grand to go and have small space. But I am going to talk to a few bow companys that I know the owners and see if I can rent a small part of there space. Se I am willing to pay 5 to 7 hunderd for space but not that much. I can rent a van, load up and drive there, sleep in the van a couple of nights and get a room to clean up in 1 or 2 nights. Eat cheap and come out for around under 2 grand.
    But we will see, I know I could do very well there but just can not swing it at that price 5 grand is a lot for a small up and comer.
    Dan,

I will be attending the ATA show as a dealer. Now that I am opening up a shop I'm discovering some perks. If you want to ship a bunch of stands to me....I'll haul them up there for you. I'll do what I can to help.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

yes my plan was before I found a great deal on a mini van to rent was to ship a bunch of stands to you and come by and pick them up. My car is not big enough to carry all the bows and signs, table and stands. But we will see.

Man, 5k is a lot, but on the other hand it is a good healthy write off, and could generate some more dealers. Tough decision for sure!

Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

FBSA Member

Some of these guys take 6 20x20 locations...some more...I was at a racing industry show and Holley had almost a hole isle...It was like Holleyland...

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Some of these guys take 6 20x20 locations...some more...I was at a racing industry show and Holley had almost a hole isle...It was like Holleyland...
    holleyland..........

QSA Quickst and land.........
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    holleyland..........

QSA Quickst and land.........
    QSA Quickst andl and...

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    QSA Quickst andl and...
    Now thats funny.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Now thats funny.
    yep laughing all the way to the bank. lol