You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member Werd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Can somebody give me a good hunting setup.

    i wanted to switch to a smaller peep, .010 pins, and a 3 arrow quiver. Can anybody clarify if this would be smart?...and i have a wisker biscuit. i was going to go consider a drop away rest?
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

  2. #2
    Senior Member timberghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrewTheMighty View Post
    i wanted to switch to a smaller peep, .010 pins, and a 3 arrow quiver. Can anybody clarify if this would be smart?...and i have a wisker biscuit. i was going to go consider a drop away rest?
    I wouldn't go to a smaller peep. Too hard to see through. jmo
    I CAN'T SEE YOU, AND I CAN'T HEAR YOU, BUT I CAN SMELL YOU AND YOU WON'T EVEN KNOW I WAS HEAR!! IT'S TIME TO DISAPPEAR!!
    THIS IS MY HOME. I LIVE HERE AND I CAN TELL IF SOMETHING IS OUT OF PLACE JUST LIKE YOU CAN TELL IF SOMETHING HAS BEEN MOVED ON YOUR BOOKSHELF!! I ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT TO EAT!! AT THE SLIGHTEST HINT OF YOUR PRESENCE, I'M GONE!! EVEN IF I MAKE A MISTAKE YOU SHAKE UNCONTROLLABLY IN MY PRESENCE AND COULDN'T GET THE SHOT OFF IF --THUMP--SWACK!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Werd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timberghost View Post
    I wouldn't go to a smaller peep. Too hard to see through. jmo

    ok but would having a bigger peep and smaller pins work well together?
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

  4. #4
    Senior Member timberghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrewTheMighty View Post
    ok but would having a bigger peep and smaller pins work well together?
    Your sight ring would be centered in the peep so any size pin would work. I can't see .010 pins as well as .019 so I use the .019
    I CAN'T SEE YOU, AND I CAN'T HEAR YOU, BUT I CAN SMELL YOU AND YOU WON'T EVEN KNOW I WAS HEAR!! IT'S TIME TO DISAPPEAR!!
    THIS IS MY HOME. I LIVE HERE AND I CAN TELL IF SOMETHING IS OUT OF PLACE JUST LIKE YOU CAN TELL IF SOMETHING HAS BEEN MOVED ON YOUR BOOKSHELF!! I ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT TO EAT!! AT THE SLIGHTEST HINT OF YOUR PRESENCE, I'M GONE!! EVEN IF I MAKE A MISTAKE YOU SHAKE UNCONTROLLABLY IN MY PRESENCE AND COULDN'T GET THE SHOT OFF IF --THUMP--SWACK!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Werd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timberghost View Post
    Your sight ring would be centered in the peep so any size pin would work. I can't see .010 pins as well as .019 so I use the .019
    ok...(10 char.)
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

  6. #6
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    I use a 3/16 peep for hunting...the smaller you go the harder to see in low light...
    as far as 010 pins some guys like them others can't see them...I use 019's and they are pretty small...
    I say keep the WB for hunting...
    And last the quiver...I use a hip quiver, but TRU makes a decent quiver


  7. #7
    Senior Member Werd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    I use a 3/16 peep for hunting...the smaller you go the harder to see in low light...
    as far as 010 pins some guys like them others can't see them...I use 019's and they are pretty small...
    I say keep the WB for hunting...
    And last the quiver...I use a hip quiver, but TRU makes a decent quiver
    see i think im going with the hip quiver. kuz i use rage and im damn sickin tired of them things opening in my quiver. its AAAANNNNOOOoYYYINNNGG...but i missed 3 shots yesterday at one deer
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

Similar Threads

  1. good hunting stablizer
    By dustinpedley in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 12:08 PM
  2. IS this a good setup for my Apex 7
    By hduc2005 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-16-2007, 04:01 PM
  3. Looking for a good hunting bow
    By Sammy PSU in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 12:02 AM
  4. Good Hunting Bow ???
    By Slappy in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 10:04 AM
  5. Good 3d setup
    By arkansaspondhopper in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 12:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •