You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default new to the forum

Hey from a new TX member...

It was my birthday this weekend, and damn if my girlfriend didn't get me a slightly upgraded bow!!! Drenalin to be exact.

My carbon extreme is kind of long in the tooth and i'd been looking at a switchback or outback, but this kind of trumps it.

I'm a hunter, not a 3d guy, but wanted to ask a rest question. I want a capture rest and guess i could give up a bit of speed, but one of my hunting buddies is shooting a whisker bisket and says it tears up/off his fletches? Anybody else? I read up on reviews on capture/fall away rests and none of them are really getting just great reviews. Any opinions appreciated. I was also looking at the mathews convertible HDII, it looks pretty cool, but i've shot about 4 different rests on my old bow and found that expensive wasn't necessarily better.

I think i've got the rest of the rig figured out, but WOW!!! 100$ for mathews new arrow web quiver! That's kind of steep. I don't know if i can spring for that.

Glad to have found the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    Hey from a new TX member...

It was my birthday this weekend, and damn if my girlfriend didn't get me a slightly upgraded bow!!! Drenalin to be exact.

My carbon extreme is kind of long in the tooth and i'd been looking at a switchback or outback, but this kind of trumps it.

I'm a hunter, not a 3d guy, but wanted to ask a rest question. I want a capture rest and guess i could give up a bit of speed, but one of my hunting buddies is shooting a whisker bisket and says it tears up/off his fletches? Anybody else? I read up on reviews on capture/fall away rests and none of them are really getting just great reviews. Any opinions appreciated. I was also looking at the mathews convertible HDII, it looks pretty cool, but i've shot about 4 different rests on my old bow and found that expensive wasn't necessarily better.

I think i've got the rest of the rig figured out, but WOW!!! 100$ for mathews new arrow web quiver! That's kind of steep. I don't know if i can spring for that.

Glad to have found the forum.
    Gotta shoot blazer vanes. I had that problem with 5" vanes. Get a whisker biscuit and you wont regret it. Just make sure you buy blazer vanes to put on your arrows. to 3dshoots
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

I've been playing around with the Vapor Trail Limb Driver. I don't like to add anything to my cables if I don't have too. So far it's been great. I haven't used it in a hunting situation yet. Just ordered another one .

Welcome to the site.

Good ta meet ya.

I'm having great results with my QADpro ld. It's on a Hoyt though.
    I CAN'T SEE YOU, AND I CAN'T HEAR YOU, BUT I CAN SMELL YOU AND YOU WON'T EVEN KNOW I WAS HEAR!! IT'S TIME TO DISAPPEAR!!
    THIS IS MY HOME. I LIVE HERE AND I CAN TELL IF SOMETHING IS OUT OF PLACE JUST LIKE YOU CAN TELL IF SOMETHING HAS BEEN MOVED ON YOUR BOOKSHELF!! I ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT TO EAT!! AT THE SLIGHTEST HINT OF YOUR PRESENCE, I'M GONE!! EVEN IF I MAKE A MISTAKE YOU SHAKE UNCONTROLLABLY IN MY PRESENCE AND COULDN'T GET THE SHOT OFF IF --THUMP--SWACK!!

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Friends got a biscut and sliced tha vanes off about 1/8" high so I put feathers on it no more problems.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

i put a little dab of super glue in front of each feather so when u shoot it through the whisker biscuit it doesnt rip them off

A pro series QAD is probally the best full containment drop away on the market. I currently shoot a whisker on my hoyt, arrows tend to fly a tad nock high through a whisker biscuit, but they are dependable for hunting - no moving parts! Blazer vanes are the way to go with a WB, and I put a small drop of glue on the leading edge of the vane as others have stated. I have no problems with my whisker, but I plan on putting a QAD on my trykon or new bow next year.
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead

Welcome to the Forum!
    "We all must hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

I shot a QAD love it for hunting. The spring broke on it, but i shot the fool out of it for a couple years. I have a limb driver now. Lovin it actually beleive my groups have gotten tighter. Good luck with your Drenalin. My peice drenalin has been in the shop more than its been in the case. Thank God for warranty.

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
    I shot a QAD love it for hunting. The spring broke on it, but i shot the fool out of it for a couple years. I have a limb driver now. Lovin it actually beleive my groups have gotten tighter. Good luck with your Drenalin. My peice drenalin has been in the shop more than its been in the case. Thank God for warranty.
    please do tell about all the warrenty problems.........
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default hope not....

Not to wish ill on a fellow hunter, but i sure hope you got the exception. (or i got the exception, either way)

Sorry to hear about your troubles, sure would like to know what i need to watch for.

THanks.

and congrats on the new bow.
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
    FBSA MEMBER

congrats on the bow I love my Mattews rest I have them on all my bows and I have one on the wifes bow too