You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default It's been an Awsome Year

Just got home from my 3 rd trip to the woods this year with a nice fat doe in the back of the truck. Killed my first doe on opening day. It has been too hot to hunt much since opening day but I am not complaining. Three trips to the woods two deer in the truck. Doesn't get much better than that. I thank the lord everyday that he gives me the ability to hunt.
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Thats a pretty good batting average. Congrats

glad to hear your doing good. im 0/5 on shots. ...saturday missed one 3 times...oops. then monday missed one with the muzzleloader. then tuesday missed one at 30 yards when she ducked my arrow. waiting for the rut for the buck to become dur dur dur's and act stupid and walk right under me.
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

I forgot to mention the best part the Doe I killed today I shot from the ground at 23 yrds. It was really windy so I decided to try to hunt from the ground. I got behind some brush and set down. I saw her comin across the field and when she made her mistake I whacked her.......She went about 30yrds and piled up. My first Bow kill from the ground.....
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    I forgot to mention the best part the Doe I killed today I shot from the ground at 23 yrds. It was really windy so I decided to try to hunt from the ground. I got behind some brush and set down. I saw her comin across the field and when she made her mistake I whacked her.......She went about 30yrds and piled up. My first Bow kill from the ground.....
    my first bow kill on the ground was my first deer with the bow ever. we were walking in and we decided to take the top way. we get down to the bottom field and like 5 of them are down there. 20 yards and smoked him. he went 10 yards and stood there for about an hour. i put a gut shot/slice liver and he just fell over. it was fun and funny at the same time.
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

I agree. It has been an awesome year. And I do thank the lord for my health.
    I CAN'T SEE YOU, AND I CAN'T HEAR YOU, BUT I CAN SMELL YOU AND YOU WON'T EVEN KNOW I WAS HEAR!! IT'S TIME TO DISAPPEAR!!
    THIS IS MY HOME. I LIVE HERE AND I CAN TELL IF SOMETHING IS OUT OF PLACE JUST LIKE YOU CAN TELL IF SOMETHING HAS BEEN MOVED ON YOUR BOOKSHELF!! I ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT TO EAT!! AT THE SLIGHTEST HINT OF YOUR PRESENCE, I'M GONE!! EVEN IF I MAKE A MISTAKE YOU SHAKE UNCONTROLLABLY IN MY PRESENCE AND COULDN'T GET THE SHOT OFF IF --THUMP--SWACK!!

Thats awsome. I've been messing around with recurves again a little. But my consistancy with it will keep my shot distance to 15 yards maximum. If I can get one or two in the freezer with the compound, I'm going after them on the ground with the 'curve. Up close and personal. That would be the bee's knees.