You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Default Using archery/hunting sites to harass anti-hunters

    Normally I do not mix ArcheryTalk.com business with my posts over here on 3DShoots.com, but something came up on AT today that I think is likely relevant to all of us, and that we as responsible individuals should keep in mind.

    That said, here is a copy of what I posted on AT this afternoon:

    Every year about this time, there will be occasional threads that link to or talk about anti-hunting websites.

    Invariably, one or more of our AT members will suggest that our members create accounts on the linked site to harass its members.

    Please, please...do not do this. We don't want to get into tinkling matches with folks who do not agree with hunting...and we surely don't want them creating AT accounts to push their agenda or harass us (it creates a lot of work for our mod team).

    Keep in mind also that some of these anti-hunting sites are linked to or sponsored by TERRORIST groups. There is a thread in this forum right now that links to the Animal Liberation Front. I guarantee this and some similar sites are sponsored by terrorist groups, and their websites are monitored by the US and other governments. Any time that you visit these sites, and especially if you create an account and post...you leave your Internet Protocall address behind....and there will be an electronic record of your visit for others to be able to track. So please be very careful.

    Thanks much,

    RK

  2. #2
    Senior Member beenfarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Record Keeper View Post
    Normally I do not mix ArcheryTalk.com business with my posts over here on 3DShoots.com, but something came up on AT today that I think is likely relevant to all of us, and that we as responsible individuals should keep in mind.

    That said, here is a copy of what I posted on AT this afternoon:
    I've heard bad things about A.L.F. This my beenfarr post of the day!

    Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

    FBSA Member

  3. #3
    Senior Member Southernfryedyankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beenfarr View Post
    I've heard bad things about A.L.F. This my beenfarr post of the day!

    Ben
    I used to watch ALF
    Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.

    http://www.godscountryoutdoors.net
    http://http://www.meanvarchery.com/home.html

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southernfryedyankee View Post
    I used to watch ALF
    Snicker, snicker.....now that right there is seriously funny!

  5. #5
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southernfryedyankee View Post
    I used to watch ALF
    yup me too......

    and thanks for the heads up RK.....

    on things like this we are all or should all be on the same page......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  6. #6
    Senior Member beenfarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Posts
    956

    Default Hide your cats!!!

    Alien Life Form!

    alf.jpg

    Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

    FBSA Member

  7. #7
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,714

    Default

    Let a sleepin' dog lay is an old sayin' here in tha hills



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  8. #8
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,882

    Default

    Anti-Hunting is kinda like Anti-American to me.

    Do these people have any idea how this country was created??? If ya don't like then don't do it but do not trample on others for doing it.

    Let sleeping dogs lie....yes I agree but if that mutt wakes up then I'm gonna give it a boot.............SIZE 12.


    "HONDA"

  9. #9
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Thanks RC!

    Im glade you brought this up.
    Also Im a bowhunter and a target shooter.
    Ive noticed some members on this sight are target shooters only and dont like the takeing of animals.
    In my opinion I and WE shood refrain of posting Pic's of killed animals on the general archery forum and keep it in the bowhunting section.
    Ive noticed that some of the members GREAT PEOPLE havent been on in awhile and Kinda wait till hunting season is over with and then they come back on in the spring and start talking about 3D after all thats what this sight is bringing members in on 3Dshoots.
    Dont get me wrong, i love hunting Pic's and the shot on the game,its just my opinion!
    Like i said eariler i personaly have understood and have lately refrained from posting my pic's from the general archery forum!
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

  10. #10
    Senior Member 'SIN'ERGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reading PA
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    Im glade you brought this up.
    Also Im a bowhunter and a target shooter.
    Ive noticed some members on this sight are target shooters only and dont like the takeing of animals.
    In my opinion I and WE shood refrain of posting Pic's of killed animals on the general archery forum and keep it in the bowhunting section.
    Ive noticed that some of the members GREAT PEOPLE havent been on in awhile and Kinda wait till hunting season is over with and then they come back on in the spring and start talking about 3D after all thats what this sight is bringing members in on 3Dshoots.
    Dont get me wrong, i love hunting Pic's and the shot on the game,its just my opinion!
    Like i said eariler i personaly have understood and have lately refrained from posting my pic's from the general archery forum!


    When there is a pic of a dead animal it usually is pretty obvious in the Thread Title. So tell em don't open it then. If they are true archers in any form than they know the heritage that bowhunting brings. Considering archery started as a means to feed not as target shooting then if they are offended by pictures of "ARCHERS" harvesting game than I say GET LOST and go hang out on a PETA sight. Man, I am so sick of this PC bull crap of not trying to offend the non hunters.
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    832

    Default

    I don't think that we should knowingly offend any members on this site. But posting pics in the bow hunting section should not come as a surprise. I don't have any problem with people that shoot and don't hunt, and I would hope that they have a mutual respect for those of us that hunt.
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
    FBSA MEMBER

  12. #12
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "SIN"ERGY View Post
    When there is a pic of a dead animal it usually is pretty obvious in the Thread Title. So tell em don't open it then. If they are true archers in any form than they know the heritage that bowhunting brings. Considering archery started as a means to feed not as target shooting then if they are offended by pictures of "ARCHERS" harvesting game than I say GET LOST and go hang out on a PETA sight. Man, I am so sick of this PC bull crap of not trying to offend the non hunters.
    the problem is they out number us by a huge margin and you need to remember that on this WE are the minority, so just remember to take it easy, on stuff like this.......there is a time to fight for our rights and a time to just go along.....you need to know where to pic the battles......

    Its just like when I get done hunting in the morning or the evening and know that I will stop at the convenience store for a drink, or gas, I change out of ALL my camo's......and you know what not nearly as many people give me dirty looks and such

    and IF I have been lucky enough to harvest, an animal, I always make sure to clean the blood from my hands and nails......

    THERE IS NO REASON to be a hillbilly redneck when it comes to hunting in the public eye....

    remember you forcing deer hunting down someones throat is just as bad as the anti's throwing there attitude out at you........
    I cut things up and split them down!

  13. #13
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default What!

    Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    the problem is they out number us by a huge margin and you need to remember that on this WE are the minority, so just remember to take it easy, on stuff like this.......there is a time to fight for our rights and a time to just go along.....you need to know where to pic the battles......

    Its just like when I get done hunting in the morning or the evening and know that I will stop at the convenience store for a drink, or gas, I change out of ALL my camo's......and you know what not nearly as many people give me dirty looks and such

    and IF I have been lucky enough to harvest, an animal, I always make sure to clean the blood from my hands and nails......

    THERE IS NO REASON to be a hillbilly redneck when it comes to hunting in the public eye....

    remember you forcing deer hunting down someones throat is just as bad as the anti's throwing there attitude out at you........
    Who said Hillbilly you callin smokes or Me!
    Thats right Im the RED-NECK!

    Yep BM He understands hes just
    In the old days we threw the buck on the hood of our trucks and carried them around the county showin them off.
    But not today, For the love of the sport,dont give them somethin to talk about.
    I dont want them in my BOWHUNTING WORLD
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Similar Threads

  1. What hunting sites to visit when ATs down?
    By dabowchick69 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 02:09 PM
  2. OK theoratical question for hunters and hunting supporters...
    By beenfarr in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 10:32 AM
  3. Important facts that can be used to harass Bowman
    By Dredly in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 10:14 PM
  4. Good online Archery sites
    By randallhnsn in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-10-2007, 12:15 PM
  5. New Anti Spam features
    By Chris in forum Offtopic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 08:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •