You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Martin Saber SE?

As I was looking for a bow that I may eventually be able to afford, I came across one that I really like. It is a Martin Saber SE. I would like to hear some opinions from the more experienced shooters here. This is just a start and I would like to have some input on what should be my next bow. I will not be doing any hunting just target shooting and maybe I will get good enough to start shooting competition. If this is not a good choice please chime in and tell me why and what you recomend. Then I will go to my local proshop and have more knowledge as to what I am looking for. $250-$400 price range plain bow without accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgrinch233 View Post
    As I was looking for a bow that I may eventually be able to afford, I came across one that I really like. It is a Martin Saber SE. I would like to hear some opinions from the more experienced shooters here. This is just a start and I would like to have some input on what should be my next bow. I will not be doing any hunting just target shooting and maybe I will get good enough to start shooting competition. If this is not a good choice please chime in and tell me why and what you recomend. Then I will go to my local proshop and have more knowledge as to what I am looking for. $250-$400 price range plain bow without accessories.
    What type of target shooting will you be getting into? 3D or spots?
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

I don't know the difference yet. I'll do some research today. But for a while I would just be Target practicing in my backyard. I have 2 acres of desert land.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgrinch233 View Post
    I don't know the difference yet. I'll do some research today. But for a while I would just be Target practicing in my backyard. I have 2 acres of desert land.
    Here is my opinion....there are many like it.....but this on is mine.....

The Saber is 32" from axle to axle and has a 7.5" brace height. If you are a taller archer with a long draw length, I wouldn't think those specs would make for a great fit. If you are a shorter archer with a shorter draw, it will probably fit well.

If you are going to shoot 3D, there are faster Martin bows in your price range. Some will say that speed isn't everything, but it makes up for some yardage judging errors. The Pantera would be my first choice for a 3D bow.

If you are going to shoot spots with it, I would try to find a used Scepter IV. It may cost you $450, but it is the best target bow on the market....

The best thing you can do is go shoot one and see how it feels to you. It might be the bow for you. My opinions are based on my own likes. Yours may be different, so go shoot some bows and get the one that fits you.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

I do have a short draw, 27.6 if my calculations are correct. 69 Divided by 2.5 gives me 27.6 .. but I will take your advice and try a few different bows at a proshop.