You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default I have a pretty good question here.

Ok. For the 08 season i want to upgrade my bow and get everything new. I want some sights 40-70$ range. Then I need a new quiver because I shoot rage and they open in a quiver with foam in it. So i need one with either hard rubber or something that isn't of the foam area. I'm hoping to spend 20-40 for that. Then I want to get a new stabilizer. I have the really little one and I'm not to fond of it. I don't know how much they run but im hoping no more that 30. Then new strings. I want a green and white or green and black. How much do you think all this will run me. Or could you post up some of the toys you guys gots for your bows.
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

Site Guru

why? you can't use what you already have... I upgraded from "entry level" to a "high end" when I felt that the bow was responsible for holding me back... it was and my hand stopped going number after 10 minutes of shooting when I got a new bow

you on the other hand... have missed 6 deer with a bow this year alone. The only upgrade I would suggest you get is a new quiver. Bohning makes a great one at about 20 bucks. The rest... don't change, just learn how to shoot it
    No I'm not dead

i have a WB now. I love that thing. never have to worry about your arrow falling out.
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

I love my viper predator pro hunter sight. It will run around $90, though. It is very durable and super bright pins.
    As far as stabilizer, that is a personal preferance as far as weight and balance for the bow. I use a heavier stabilizer for 3d season and a lighter one for hunting. If you are buying a new bow you probably won't notice much of a difference in buying a different stabilizer, unless you want a heaver or lighter one.
    I also shoot the rage and have had good luck with a bohning 4 arrow quiver. It attaches to the bow just like a kwikee quiver and is very easy to take off when in the stand. Although, it sounds like you may need a 10 arrow quiver. J/K.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

For your Sight question, The G5 SE sight is on sale for $79.99. That is a great sight that is usually 100. I use the Apex Gear Atomic 4-pin, and although it has an issue with the light falling out...the pins are SO BRIGHT, it is by far the best sight if you pretend that it never had a light. The sight is $79.99 also. Check into it, you might like it. I also like the TruGlow Range Rover...single pin sight....SUPER BRIGHT!
    Last edited by swintj1; 10-24-2007 at 09:27 PM.
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

ny911bowhunter

Get a Bohning Lynx or Panther quiver. It has 2 seperta rubber arrow retainers and an open hood. Broadheads have ZERO contact with anything in the hood, yet are held very securely. 30 bucks.

Although, it sounds like you may need a 10 arrow quiver. J/K.

I was thinking more on the lines of an auto reloader.
    Last edited by Werd; 10-24-2007 at 10:50 PM.
    I play snake