You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Shot a MoneyMaker!!!

I had a chance to shoot the new PSE MoneyMaker today. I was super surprised on how smooth it was!! I was expecting a harsh cylce with aggressive cams. Shot it at 60lbs with 300grn arrow at 28 inches and got 3 readings at 281,282,280. with no loop, peep or tamers. Very quiet and no hand vibration at all. not bad for a spotty bow. Also shot the new Browning Grand Illusion. this one was a burner. At 30", 70#,350grn radial x-weave arrow got 3 readings of 329,329,328 ibo. This one is going to be my new 3d bow next year.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

to bad there so ugly
    Parker Hornet 28" 70#
    easton epic 400gr. RAGE 2 blade

thats ok !! Then everyone can say they got smoked by an ugly bow!!
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

I thought the Guardian was ugly until I saw one in person.
    Then I thought it was slightly less ugly.

All in the eye of the beholder I guess.
    Though I would live to see an AR riser with X technology on it.
    2006 PSE Diablo - 26"/68# |VBG Triangle | WB DX QS | ST Magnums
    TR One Piece Quiver | Doinker 7" M-Rod | Vibracheck HD | Scott Wildcat
    Box Family Archery Site / Diablo Owners Club / Maine Hunter Support Group

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    I thought the Guardian was ugly until I saw one in person.
    Then I thought it was slightly less ugly.

All in the eye of the beholder I guess.
    Though I would live to see an AR riser with X technology on it.
    I doubt A/R is going to be coming out with anything at all. I got ny new Pse,Browning,A/R 2008 price guide and a/r isnt in there. last year they were. just browning and pse. I heard they are done. even in the past when they drop there new line in january. when they usually did.. they still had there product line maual for people to buy stuff. And not one a/r thing in the catalog for 2008. my guess is there done!!
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    I doubt A/R is going to be coming out with anything at all.
    Yes I know.
    But, I can dream.
    2006 PSE Diablo - 26"/68# |VBG Triangle | WB DX QS | ST Magnums
    TR One Piece Quiver | Doinker 7" M-Rod | Vibracheck HD | Scott Wildcat
    Box Family Archery Site / Diablo Owners Club / Maine Hunter Support Group

its to bad.. I really liked the A/R line too. Sweet shooters.
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

thanks for the info on the moneymaker.
    i figured that the way the x technology limbs worked they curl instead of bend that it might be pretty nice.
    those are just a different technology in limbs and taking them at face value from a photo look like they will be like a standard limb and the they move also.

glad they figured something so different out and it works. it certainly looks like a target bow through and through.

Hey Pinwheel, you mentioned the speed of the Grand Illusion, but how's the grip and the draw? I'm looking at the Mossy Oak X which is basically the same bow. No new bows stacked here yet.

basically same as the moneymaker. Dead quiet. Doesnt have any vibration, If I'm not mistaken I think these bows w/ x technology can be broke down in the field with out a press. Like the mach-x. I actually am going to be shooting a Mossy Oak X for 3d. Cant get Grand Illusion in target colors yet. But, the draw is smooth.. I mean smooth. Very nice valley. The cycle doesnt ramp up as hard as you might think. Being basically mini-HF cams on an X-Force. The grip I like alot. I like the wood grip actually. I'm not a fan at all of grips period. I usually take them off and shoot off the bare shelf. Its cut flat kinda like an over sized Best Grip. I'd still take it off. But Thats me. Other than that.. I cant find anything bad to say about the Mossy Oak X. The Rogue X is nice also. Its cheaper cousin that still shooting 325ibo. And that one retails $499.00. Might be my sons new bow instead of an X-force.
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Thanx! i usually have an all-purpose bow that i use for hunting and 3D. I'm torn between my choices for this year:
    -X Force 7
    -Mossy Oak X
    -Shark X
    I usually shoot 28/60, so the first 2 would gimme plenty of speed. The Shark interests me b/c of the one-cam and the 80% letoff, but i would probably be pushing it to get 280fps. the last 2 are cheaper in price also.

I decided not to sell my PSE Moneymaker X NI and just now took it off the site. It is a sweet shooting bow. The old deflex design riser is inherently accurate and when it is matched with state of the art eccentrics, limbs, hardware and CNC machined, it makes for an incredibly accurate fun to shoot bow. Like I said on another post, its kinda like Old meets New!! You have to shoot one to appreciate the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    I had a chance to shoot the new PSE MoneyMaker today. I was super surprised on how smooth it was!! I was expecting a harsh cylce with aggressive cams. Shot it at 60lbs with 300grn arrow at 28 inches and got 3 readings at 281,282,280. with no loop, peep or tamers. Very quiet and no hand vibration at all. not bad for a spotty bow. Also shot the new Browning Grand Illusion. this one was a burner. At 30", 70#,350grn radial x-weave arrow got 3 readings of 329,329,328 ibo. This one is going to be my new 3d bow next year.
    Got 1 up on ya Pin Got my new MM friday and it is an X KILLLLLEEEERRRR believe me its everything its suppose to be. To me the grip feels flatter than the mojo. Love it now to win some tourneys with it.
    ABB BOWSTRINGSFBSA MEMBER
    POSTEN STAFF SHOOTER BODOODLE STAFF SHOOTER
    SWORD STAFF SHOOTER GOLTIP STAFF SHOOTER
    PSE STAFF SHOOTER

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by xxSPOTTSxx View Post
    Got 1 up on ya Pin Got my new MM friday and it is an X KILLLLLEEEERRRR believe me its everything its suppose to be. To me the grip feels flatter than the mojo. Love it now to win some tourneys with it.
    NO PSE STAFF SHOOTERS ALLOWED IN THE 3DSHOOT.COM BRAGGIN RIGHTS SHOOTS!

I'm disappointed to hear about the A/R line, I loved the look of them and they were really nice bows
    No I'm not dead

I got to hold one yesterday at Lowes. I was in the lumber aisle and the sign said 2" x 4" X 6', but I'm pretty sure it was a Moneymaker. I didn't like the grip much..

We need a knee slap smiley......
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    I got to hold one yesterday at Lowes. I was in the lumber aisle and the sign said 2" x 4" X 6', but I'm pretty sure it was a Moneymaker. I didn't like the grip much..

I cut things up and split them down!

I want to try one, but there's no PSE pro dealers anywhere close.........

Get your glasses checked JC that said MOAB they were in the lowes adds today with the paper GEEEESSSSHHHH
    ABB BOWSTRINGSFBSA MEMBER
    POSTEN STAFF SHOOTER BODOODLE STAFF SHOOTER
    SWORD STAFF SHOOTER GOLTIP STAFF SHOOTER
    PSE STAFF SHOOTER

Site Guru

Oh man no fair your Lowes has the Longer A2A ones! My store only has the 4' ones
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by xxSPOTTSxx View Post
    Get your glasses checked JC that said MOAB they were in the lowes adds today with the paper GEEEESSSSHHHH
    Wasn't a MOAB. Didn't have a rubber grip and an orange tiger on the side...
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps