You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Tracking nightmare

This guy went at least five miles before I found him. Never got one with an ear shot before.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Site Guru

Well makes it easier to tag... no need to drill a hole
    No I'm not dead

Did I say 5 miles? I meant 5 feet. It seems he must have turned his head at the last second, the arrow pierced his ear and deflected into the spine and he dropped on the spot.

This was my first buck with a bow. There were 25mph winds all day long and I didn't see or hear a thing. The wind STOPPED completely as the sun started to set. It was prime time. After 1 bleat on my 6 hour old Primos Doe can, I heard him coming in on a rope from 100 yds away. He stopped, dropped and rolled at 17 yards.

My hunting area in WI is an earn-a-buck zone. We have to first shoot a doe in order to get a bug sticker. Archery and gun hunting. That's why I restarted bow hunting. I was tired of messing up opening weekend of gun hunting by shooting a doe. Now I'm addicted.

I shot my doe on 9/15 at 4:00PM. She came in with 2 little ones and a bigger 8 pointer. I was so nervous my arms were shaking. Drawing back the bow helped stiffen them. She was at 20 yards and perfectly broadside with the near front leg slightly forward. I released and hit her high, probably due to the shaking. She dropped on the spot. The other deer scattered, but a little one and the buck returned and teased me from some thick brush for 45 minutes.

This weekend I'm off to shoot another doe so I can have a buck sticker for gun hunting. Then, sadly, my archery season will be over for the year. I'll just have to go sit up in the tree with a call and a camera.

pierced ears??? Never heard of that Congratulations!
    That course was so easy I even missed a target !!

Senior Member Southernfryedyankee's Avatar

Now im not usually 1 to make fun or pick jokes, unless of course I know ya like that. Lemme get this str8 he went from 5 miles to 5 feet to dropped dead in his tracks, OK. By the time you got down to him did he load himself up into the bed of your truck also? If so Excellent kill

Quote Originally Posted by WiHunter View Post
    Did I say 5 miles? I meant 5 feet. It seems he must have turned his head at the last second, the arrow pierced his ear and deflected into the spine and he dropped on the spot.

This was my first buck with a bow. There were 25mph winds all day long and I didn't see or hear a thing. The wind STOPPED completely as the sun started to set. It was prime time. After 1 bleat on my 6 hour old Primos Doe can, I heard him coming in on a rope from 100 yds away. He stopped, dropped and rolled at 17 yards.

My hunting area in WI is an earn-a-buck zone. We have to first shoot a doe in order to get a bug sticker. Archery and gun hunting. That's why I restarted bow hunting. I was tired of messing up opening weekend of gun hunting by shooting a doe. Now I'm addicted.

I shot my doe on 9/15 at 4:00PM. She came in with 2 little ones and a bigger 8 pointer. I was so nervous my arms were shaking. Drawing back the bow helped stiffen them. She was at 20 yards and perfectly broadside with the near front leg slightly forward. I released and hit her high, probably due to the shaking. She dropped on the spot. The other deer scattered, but a little one and the buck returned and teased me from some thick brush for 45 minutes.

This weekend I'm off to shoot another doe so I can have a buck sticker for gun hunting. Then, sadly, my archery season will be over for the year. I'll just have to go sit up in the tree with a call and a camera.
    Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.

http://www.godscountryoutdoors.net
    http://http://www.meanvarchery.com/home.html

Since he has his left ear pierced does that make him a Gay deer? Or is that the right ear?
    "We all must hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Quote Originally Posted by Cablegaurd21 View Post
    Since he has his left ear pierced does that make him a Gay deer? Or is that the right ear?
    Left is right and right is wrong. That's what I always heard.......
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder