You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: trail cam q's

Default trail cam q's

i've got some cabelas points coming this way in January, and i want a trail cam. i've read the reviews on cabelas and they all seem to be mixed, some good some bad. whats your guys recommendations. and do the flashes realy sppok the deer or do they become "used to it". any help would be apprediated
    Target: Elite Energy, Copper John A.N.T.S., TT SS II, Posten 28" Victory X-Ringer HV 312gr.

Woods: Mathews Switchback, Trophy Ridge 5 pin, QAD Rest, Maxima Arrows

GO TEAM 3!!

dont worry about spending alot of money my first one was a 60$ wild veiw and it worked great!!! my new one is a wild veiw xtreme 4 ($110) and its ausome, its what took the pics in the thread big ohio buck!
    Parker Hornet 28" 70#
    easton epic 400gr. RAGE 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by I missed View Post
    dont worry about spending alot of money my first one was a 60$ wild veiw and it worked great!!! my new one is a wild veiw xtreme 4 ($110) and its ausome, its what took the pics in the thread big ohio buck!
    Where did you buy those cameras? Do they have a wesite?
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

I have a moultrie 4.0 meg. and am very happy with it. Very easy to set up, batteries last about 2 months and picture quality is very good. Cost is right at $100. Just make sure you don't buy the one that takes a 6 volt battery, the battery doesn't last too long.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    Where did you buy those cameras? Do they have a wesite?
    i have a wildview extreme and have been very happy with it

Quote Originally Posted by dustinpedley View Post
    i've got some cabelas points coming this way in January, and i want a trail cam. i've read the reviews on cabelas and they all seem to be mixed, some good some bad. whats your guys recommendations. and do the flashes realy sppok the deer or do they become "used to it". any help would be apprediated
    No, the flashes do not spook the deer I was wondering that my self so I done and experiment I set feeder and a camara and I set up a deer stand close enough to see everything.
    I had deer come to the feeder and seen the camara take 10 or 12 pictures on several ocassions the deer never got bother withthe flash

Quote Originally Posted by Clover & Oats View Post
    I have a moultrie 4.0 meg. and am very happy with it. Very easy to set up, batteries last about 2 months and picture quality is very good. Cost is right at $100. Just make sure you don't buy the one that takes a 6 volt battery, the battery doesn't last too long.
    BOY did I learn the hard way I got one that uses 6 volt, now that we have cold weather it only last if you are lucky maybe a week.
    I think I'm going to have to get me a rechargeble 6 volt with the solar pannel to keep it charged
    i also have the wild view camara that uses the C batteires I have to use a sd memory card if you dont have one if the batteries go dead you cant view the imiges

how do you know witch moultrie is the right one do you get the one that takes d batteries and does anyone know if there is any difrence between th 4.0 and the 5.0
    reflex growler limb driver rest viper h1000 sight scoil easton fatboys 2in blazers vainsmuzzy mx-4 rage 2 blade

1-Doe 4 point savin a tag for gun season

Quote Originally Posted by jetshowell View Post
    how do you know witch moultrie is the right one do you get the one that takes d batteries and does anyone know if there is any difrence between th 4.0 and the 5.0
    4.0 and 5.0 I would think would be the Megapixals.......Dependong on the price difference I would go w/the 5.0......

I need to get one, but I want the Primos one........it does video and has infrared......

I refuse to buy one w/flash, as I now thats just an invitation for someone to steal it.........
    I cut things up and split them down!