You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Lucky 8

Default Lucky 8

I been bow hunting a couple of weeks now, I seen several small bucks but no shooters till today. I want it to go to a different spot so I walked about 100 yards away from my stand.
    I sat on the ground by a big oak tree about day light I heard something behind me so I grab my bow drew back and waited to see what it was I finally got to see it.
    It was a huge 8 pointer ten yards away broad side he stops in front of me. I was about to release my arrow and I notice that that My slick trick broad head was gone
    I don't how it got loose and lost it The buck just stood there watching me, I was going to grab another arrow and then I realized I left my quiver ten yards away I didnt like the frist stump that I was setting so I moved and didnt realize I left my quiver behind in order to make the buck moved I screamed at the buck to get out here that would have been my first buck with a bow

Quote Originally Posted by greenhorn100 View Post
    I been bow hunting a couple of weeks now, I seen several small bucks but no shooters till today. I want it to go to a different spot so I walked about 100 yards away from my stand.
    I sat on the ground by a big oak tree about day light I heard something behind me so I grab my bow drew back and waited to see what it was I finally got to see it.
    It was a huge 8 pointer ten yards away broad side he stops in front of me. I was about to release my arrow and I notice that that My slick trick broad head was gone
    I don't how it got loose and lost it The buck just stood there watching me, I was going to grab another arrow and then I realized I left my quiver ten yards away I didnt like the frist stump that I was setting so I moved and didnt realize I left my quiver behind in order to make the buck moved I screamed at the buck to get out here that would have been my first buck with a bow
    That sucks for you. I take it, you quiver does not attach to your bow?

Why did you scream at the buck? Why spook him away from that area?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    That sucks for you. I take it, you quiver does not attach to your bow?

Why did you scream at the buck? Why spook him away from that area?
    I always take the quiver off my bow when I Get to my stand
    that buck will hang around if he doesent I have a good 10 pointer that i seen several times just not in bow range this coming weekend rifle season begins

dodgensince74

that story really sucks, but look at this way, it will be one of your best memories of hunting and it will be a loooonnng time before you do that again.