You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What will make you buy your next bow?

What will be the thing that pushes you into buying a new bow? Is there a certain speed that you are waiting out for? The 350fps mark? Some kind of new technology you are waiting for? New lighter bow designs? What is it that makes you hold out now, but will make you buy when it happens?

I'm curious to see what people are looking for...
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

I just start wanting something different and start looking....

OR

New cutting edge design that i just have to try out for myself

P.S. I just so happen to have the "itch" right now
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    I just start wanting something different and start looking....

OR

New cutting edge design that i just have to try out for myself

P.S. I just so happen to have the "itch" right now
    Nice, I had that itch about 2 months ago, and ended up with a Vectrix. Then the Katera's came out, and I thought I'd want those more, but when I shot them, they weren't any better, if not worse feeling than the Vectrix, so I am staying with that. I think I'll wait until a bow comes that will let me shoot 350fps with a 29"DL @ 70#. It might take acouple years, but that is what I'm thinking...if I could touch the 350 mark with a 29"DL, I'd settle for a brace height of 6". But, anything less...I'll stick with the 7"BH. My 270fps is still moving pretty good.
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

I won't buy anything new intil something comes out that is better than what I got. Every year there is a lot of hype about the new line, every company out there is trying remake the wheel. I don't feel there's been a real improvment in the way bow shoot in a few years.

Disclaimer: Speed doesn't mean much to me, I like a smooth draw with a dead feeling at the shot.

dodgensince74

I am going to wait one more year, right now I am enjoying using my 05 OG. I do want a new bow only because I want one and not need one but the want has not gotten big enough yet. I am leaning towards a Gaurdian for my next bow but a person never knows what they are going to bring home, especially when they are not in a hurry for thier next bow.

I feel the need for....

SPEED

2008 82nd Airborne Realtree H/D Green, I shot the 101st first...and then the 82nd second...went with the 82nd FIRST....
    #65.16 @27.5", 26" 362 gr. Easton Nano 500, GrizzTricks, FOB = 320 fps, 82.33 ft./lbs. K.E., G5 Expert II
    2007 Commander Mossy Oak OBS #68.00 @??.?", 26" 383 gr. C/X Aramid 250, FOB = ??? fps
    www.angelfire.com/empire/realbow/buck1.html

If I can hit 350fps with a 29" draw, perferably at 65lbs. but I would do 70 if needed. I might upgrade to the vectrix xl, but my trykon with an sts is pretty much the same thing! Brace height isn't too much of a concern, I would buy a bow with a 6" brace and an sts. The next bow I want everything to be included, like a string suppressor, roller guards for the cables instead of rods some navcom in the riser in certain places. It has to look the part also. I know I want it all! I will be waiting awhile if I wait on hoyt to develop what I want...... mabey a bowtech in my future
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead

For me it needs to be something that will go 330@ a 27.5" DL, 7"+ BH, smooth draw. So basically a Mathews Switchback XT on steroids. It'll probably be a while. Still waiting for the 3 gr. / pound approval .

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    For me it needs to be something that will go 330@ a 27.5" DL, 7"+ BH, smooth draw. So basically a Mathews Switchback XT on steroids. It'll probably be a while. Still waiting for the 3 gr. / pound approval .
    we will never see a single cam shoot 330 at 27". most companies cant do it with 70# @ 30". and hyrid/ dual cams!!
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Bought a new truth back in the spring and i'm impressed with this bow and i'm not into the speed thing.....so shooting a 500gr arrow in the 260's at 25yds and less is plenty good for me.No sence in dumping a bunch of money into something that hasn't changed that much or will be obsolete next year.If i were a beginning archer i might feel different....but now i see through the hype.
    Last edited by IChim2; 11-06-2007 at 10:52 AM.
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member

How many years do you think it will take for the industry to get up to the big 350fps mark?
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

Speed is important to me. I want my next bow to be able to carry over 260fps once I get it setup with my short draw and all the string weight I have.
    Then it can't rip my teeth out, so smooth draw, good valley and firm back wall.
    Well see who can do it, in due time
    Victory Archery VForce Arrows
    Copper John & Specialty Archery Staff

Quote Originally Posted by swintj1 View Post
    How many years do you think it will take for the industry to get up to the big 350fps mark?
    0 yrs.

Martin's new Slayer is rated at 350fps and my rep told me most were getting 355fps through the chrono at IBO specs.

A couple other companies have 350fps (5gpp) bows already also.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

I shot a PSE X-Force last night. Man, that thing is something else. Pretty smooth, fairly shock free although I thought my Allegiance is more shock free, but man does that thing shoot arrows. I don't know how fast it actually was but it was noticeable faster than my Allegiance...

If it were as shock free as my Allegiance I would probably consider getting one after the season is over. That thing is blazing fast. It was also set up well and it happened to fit me pretty good. Peep could have been moved up a bit for me.

Hummmm.....

Ron

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    I shot a PSE X-Force last night. Man, that thing is something else. Pretty smooth, fairly shock free although I thought my Allegiance is more shock free, but man does that thing shoot arrows. I don't know how fast it actually was but it was noticeable faster than my Allegiance...

If it were as shock free as my Allegiance I would probably consider getting one after the season is over. That thing is blazing fast. It was also set up well and it happened to fit me pretty good. Peep could have been moved up a bit for me.

Hummmm.....

Ron
    Your thinking really hard .....i see a new bow in the near future
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    we will never see a single cam shoot 330 at 27". most companies cant do it with 70# @ 30". and hyrid/ dual cams!!
    Like I said, It will be a while. And never say never, you will be proven wrong at some point. You can bet on that.

My wifes permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    I wouldn't bet the bank on that one Pinwheel. In my day now I am gonna show my age a little. Let's just say back when I was a whipper snapper nobody thought they would ever be able to shoot over 300fps without a 90lb bow and as light of an arrow as you could control. Now it is pretty much the norm to get over that mark with a 70 pound bow. It maybe 10 years down the road before ya see it but I wouldn't say never............
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Quote Originally Posted by RunMich View Post
    My wifes permission.
    You beat me to it..............

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    I wouldn't bet the bank on that one Pinwheel. In my day now I am gonna show my age a little. Let's just say back when I was a whipper snapper nobody thought they would ever be able to shoot over 300fps without a 90lb bow and as light of an arrow as you could control. Now it is pretty much the norm to get over that mark with a 70 pound bow. It maybe 10 years down the road before ya see it but I wouldn't say never............
    I totally agree. I remember the days they said no way we could hit 300fps without high draw weights and light arrows also. So I agree it will be awhile I will say it will happen. I mean come on we flick a switch and the lights come on who would have ever thought that 200 years ago?????

"HONDA"