You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Default How many of you...

also firearm deer hunt.I'm heading out wed with the camper and the temps are going to be what i concider a little high for opening wk-end...60 degrees and it's only a 5 minute drive to where i bow hunt from camp so i'll get to do that thurs/friday....and there's nothing like camping in the woods.
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member

Quote Originally Posted by IChim2 View Post
    also firearm deer hunt.I'm heading out wed with the camper and the temps are going to be what i concider a little high for opening wk-end...60 degrees and it's only a 5 minute drive to where i bow hunt from camp so i'll get to do that thurs/friday....and there's nothing like camping in the woods.
    I do our firearm season starts on the 17th. I have the entire first week off of work. Anybody wanna guess what i'll be doing?
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

I have class every weekend of the firearm seasons. There go my sat and sundays. I have 5 days total for my muzzleloader hunting.
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead

Quote Originally Posted by tnts79 View Post
    I have class every weekend of the firearm seasons. There go my sat and sundays. I have 5 days total for my muzzleloader hunting.
    Man......you sound like my daughter....Always having a full plate.At the end of the 11th grade last year she went straight into college for the summer and with 1 day left at the end she went right back into her Sr year at school.....she only needed i credit this year and could have went back into college but wanted to finish out the 12th. I'm always worried she's going to burn her self out.All work and no play will give you gray hair.
    CSS by MeanV
    FBSA member

i use a 16ga. ithaca model 37 for them shotgun areas and BLR 30-06 for them long shots.
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

Well thanks for telling me I sound like a girl..... lol! I do have a pretty full schedule...full time student, full time job and full time hunter. I am working as a process engineer for a mid sized company, pretty relaxed atmosphere, able to spend some time on 3dshoots at work, the company is paying for my schooling, not to bad of a deal! And I get out of here about 2 or 2:30 to hunt the evenings, 3 weeks off this year for hunting(plant shutdowns) they would like me to work, but I would like the days off..... My classes meet every other weekend 8-4:30 sat. and sun. I also help out at the local pro-shop/outfitter the weekends I don't have class. Just until jan. 09 then I will have my BA in industrial technology, might go for my masters in business administration but I haven't decided yet.
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead

this will be my first year shotgun hunting with my father in law. he was the one that got me into bowhunting and he asked if I would go. so I'll try it.
    "We all must hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Yep, I hunt with a rifle, too.

Will be out with the rifle this year, as the last 2.

Next year prolly not. Bow during rifle them break out the ML for the rest.
    Prefer being inside 40 yards
    Victory Archery VForce Arrows
    Copper John & Specialty Archery Staff

Quote Originally Posted by tnts79 View Post
    Well thanks for telling me I sound like a girl..... lol! I do have a pretty full schedule...full time student, full time job and full time hunter. I am working as a process engineer for a mid sized company, pretty relaxed atmosphere, able to spend some time on 3dshoots at work, the company is paying for my schooling, not to bad of a deal! And I get out of here about 2 or 2:30 to hunt the evenings, 3 weeks off this year for hunting(plant shutdowns) they would like me to work, but I would like the days off..... My classes meet every other weekend 8-4:30 sat. and sun. I also help out at the local pro-shop/outfitter the weekends I don't have class. Just until jan. 09 then I will have my BA in industrial technology, might go for my masters in business administration but I haven't decided yet.
    If it helps...she's a 100% Tomboy
    CSS by MeanV
    FBSA member

I will be hunting shotgun for the first time this year.

Yes, I will be out during shotgun season. I consider myself a hunter, mostly a bowhunter, but a hunter who will get out any chance I can get. Would much rather shoot a deer with my bow though.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

it's going to be a little tougher i think this season...opening day is a few days away and even though the leaves have changed...not many have fallen...can't see verry far in the woods. depending on stand location even a 50yd shot would be tough.
    CSS by MeanV
    FBSA member

I hunt with a gun where allowed.

Yep...
    Rifle and muzzleloader.

Quote Originally Posted by Clover & Oats View Post
    Yes, I will be out during shotgun season. I consider myself a hunter, mostly a bowhunter, but a hunter who will get out any chance I can get. Would much rather shoot a deer with my bow though.
    Bingo . I hate when bow only guys think they are superior to those that hunt w/ a firearm. I hunt as much as I can, regardless of weapon used. But to me, a bow kill always means more.

yupper, we have a 3 week regular season......any legal hunting implement

once its regular season around here your not going to get them w/a bow......

4 people I know have lost there spots they have hunted there whole life.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

November 15th for us michigangers. i use a Knight MK85. thumbhole stock .54 cal. thatl put a hole in a deer
    Target: Elite Energy, Copper John A.N.T.S., TT SS II, Posten 28" Victory X-Ringer HV 312gr.

Woods: Mathews Switchback, Trophy Ridge 5 pin, QAD Rest, Maxima Arrows

GO TEAM 3!!