You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Shot some of the new bows

Here is my opinion on some of the new bows that are out.

Hoyt Katera---Seemed as though they are going backwards from the Vectrix(which I think is fantastic) to the Trykon(which I think is a draw cycle nightmare). Bottom line if I had purchased a Vectrix I would not be upgrading.

Mathews Drenalin LD---Just seemed same as the Drenalin which is not bad but come on...............at least add a damper or two. Bottom line if I had purchased a Drenalin I would not be upgrading.

Patiently waiting other to try out. Just thought I would up the old post count with a personal review.

"HONDA"

I didn't know they were shipping the Dren LD's yet. No Bowtech?

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Here is my opinion on some of the new bows that are out.

Hoyt Katera---Seemed as though they are going backwards from the Vectrix(which I think is fantastic) to the Trykon(which I think is a draw cycle nightmare). Bottom line if I had purchased a Vectrix I would not be upgrading.

Mathews Drenalin LD---Just seemed same as the Drenalin which is not bad but come on...............at least add a damper or two. Bottom line if I had purchased a Drenalin I would not be upgrading.

Patiently waiting other to try out. Just thought I would up the old post count with a personal review.
    Man you sure do know how to let the air out of all the Hoyt and Mathews shooters...........
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    Man you sure do know how to let the air out of all the Hoyt and Mathews shooters...........
    I am only posting my personal opinion on the bows. Maybe some more will come out and impress me more.

As for the new Bowtech..........well my local dealer is kinda a pain so I will try to get to another dealer and shoot them.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    As for the new Bowtech..........well my local dealer is kinda a pain so I will try to get to another dealer and shoot them.
    I figured you were gonna say you left your crash helmet and safety goggles at home.

I would agree that if you are considering a Katera XL and you own a Vectrix, do NOT THINK ABOUT IT! The Vectrix is a better feeling, better shooting bow. But, if you are looking for speed, I shot the Katera XT, and that bow did shoot about 10fps faster with the same set-up as my Vectrix. So, it is a fast bow, and it was more fun to shoot...I just didn't like the Z3 cam on it. Couldn't bring myself to leaving my Vector cam, which feels SOOOOO wonderful, for such a "different" feeling cam. The Z3 isn't a bad cam, it is just too different from the Vector for my own comfort. But, like I said, if Speed was my main thing....the Katera XT was a VERY stable bow, very similar feeling to the Vectrix, until you had to draw it. Then it went downhill from there.

As for the Drenalin...shot it....not impressed. Speed was great, but it was TOO light for my liking, and it seemed as though when it shot, it wanted to JUMP out of my hands, compared to the Hoyts, which are so heavy/stable they barely move when shot. My small review.
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

You guys are breaking my heart... I was really hoping to add the Katera to my stable of Hoyts but now you are putting doughts in my mind. Hmmmm, then again I know a guy that if fully stalked with the new Elites.

Quote Originally Posted by j3dGuam View Post
    You guys are breaking my heart... I was really hoping to add the Katera to my stable of Hoyts but now you are putting doughts in my mind. Hmmmm, then again I know a guy that if fully stalked with the new Elites.

hey listen you may like them you may not......dont read these posts before you shoot them your self.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    hey listen you may like them you may not......dont read these posts before you shoot them your self.....
    AMEN...and I didn't say the Katera was WORSE! I said it was different! The cam is a much TIGHTER feeling cam, and the relief is not as prevalent. This is not bad or good...just different feeling. It feels like the cams back in the day...very stiff and very little let off....only the let off is there, it is just so late in the draw cycle, you don't notice the transition. BUT! If I didn't own a bow yet, I would definitely buy a KATERA XT! If your mechanics are sound, and you don't mind a little harder draw...the Katera is for you.

I'm going to get the first Hoyt that hits the 350fps mark. That will be my thing.

THE KATERA IS GREAT! Just different FEELING from the Vectrix.I'd say buy the Katera...you'll like it
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

Quote Originally Posted by swintj1 View Post
    AMEN...and I didn't say the Katera was WORSE! I said it was different! The cam is a much TIGHTER feeling cam, and the relief is not as prevalent. This is not bad or good...just different feeling. It feels like the cams back in the day...very stiff and very little let off....only the let off is there, it is just so late in the draw cycle, you don't notice the transition. BUT! If I didn't own a bow yet, I would definitely buy a KATERA XT! If your mechanics are sound, and you don't mind a little harder draw...the Katera is for you.

I'm going to get the first Hoyt that hits the 350fps mark. That will be my thing.

THE KATERA IS GREAT! Just different FEELING from the Vectrix.I'd say buy the Katera...you'll like it
    Thanks for clarifying. I already own a Vectrix and a few other hoyt chargers. But I can only shoot the bows when I fly back to the mainland which may not be for a few months. So what I do is line up the models I want to try and located a dealer near where I plan to visit. I rely heavily on online evaluations on here and AT to finalize my list of bows to "try out".

I don't see why everyone is so hard on the Trykons, I have shot mine a **** ton and love it. The draw cycle is definitely different, but I will say I have gotten used to it. 6 lbs. made all the difference, it maxed at 71 lbs. I shot it for awhile and then backed it down to 65; it feels like a different bow. Just thought I would add my .02 for the TRYKON!!!! Wackem and stackem!
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead

Yeah, online reviews are great for a starting point or to thin out your list a little but GO SHOOT THEM BABIES!

I used to be bashful about asking to test drive the goods, but now i realize we consumers pay good hard earned money for our stuff and i don't mind asking to take a new bow for a spin anymore....

I just shot a Bowtech General and a Diamond Marquis Saturday and i liked both. The Marquis is a little to long on the ATA for my tastes but it was pretty fast and smooth in addition to being fairly light in the hand. The General on the other hand was a little heavy.....but that is one smooth and quiet shooter. That, along with the shorter ATA has me a lookin for a good deal on one.....and it got mrs. pilot's approval too i might add
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by tnts79 View Post
    I don't see why everyone is so hard on the Trykons, I have shot mine a **** ton and love it. The draw cycle is definitely different, but I will say I have gotten used to it. 6 lbs. made all the difference, it maxed at 71 lbs. I shot it for awhile and then backed it down to 65; it feels like a different bow. Just thought I would add my .02 for the TRYKON!!!! Wackem and stackem!
    I haven't shot a Trykon but mrs pilot loves her Trykon Sport almost as much she does me i think...
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

390 grain arrow @ 280 and I can bust nocks at 30-40 all day long. I am sold on Hoyt. Whatever company can hit 350 fps with a 29" draw length@ 65-70 lbs. will be my next favorite. I am content with waiting awhile, good ole Trykon is fast and quiet! The one suggestion I have to anyone with a Trykon, is buy an STS! The Trykons are known for loud strings, I put on a double sts and it's so quiet all you can hear are the blazers as my arrow flies. I wasn't impressed with the Katera! It's fast but I just didnt like the feel of it, little more hand shock than the vectrix.....
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead