You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Wisker Biscut Problems

I am fairly new to bow hunting and am having some trouble with my wisker biscut messing up my fletchings. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about this or if it would be better to get a drop away rest and if so witch one? I have looked into muzzy zero effect rests and they seem pretty good. Any feedback would help me in this delema thanks.

What kind of fletchings are ya using??
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Default Fletching

I shoot carbon express terminator lite hunter arrows with whatever fletching comes on them.the fletching seems to ripple badly after a dozen or so shots.The results are the bow shoots one way with used pratice arrows and shoots differently when you use a new arrow but it gets expensive to replace arrows or fletchings after a handful of shots.thanks for the reply

Blazers are the answer to your problem....

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

If they have a lot of offset or a lot of helical twist to them, the biscuit will affect them more. The more surface area that passes through the biscuit, the more friction there is which warps the fletching.

I recommend blazers with a slight straight offset.....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by GOSS1340 View Post
    I am fairly new to bow hunting and am having some trouble with my wisker biscut messing up my fletchings. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about this or if it would be better to get a drop away rest and if so witch one? I have looked into muzzy zero effect rests and they seem pretty good. Any feedback would help me in this delema thanks.
    You can straighten the fletching with a hair dryer on hot.... I shoot a dropaway only b.c You can not convince me all those things rubing my arrow and vanes doesn't affect the flight..My hunting partner uses one and kills deer.. But I have to fix his vanes all the time..
    Hunt Hard or Don't GO

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Ban tha Biscuit

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Blazers + good quality glue + WB = 0 problems for the past year.......i shoot pretty often and always with consistent groups. Not saying it's the best and most accurate rest ever but it is a very reliable and effective hunting rest IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Ban tha Biscuit
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

I also have a wisker biscut and i had the same problem. My proble was that it made my veins wrinkle. so i just started using the short and tall veins instead of the long shor ones.

You do need to tune your set-up to use the WB. Any set-up needs to be tuned. For drop aways it is the buss cable, for prong and WBs, it is the nock/vane alignment.

1. if there is dark markings on the vanes, then the shooter needs to rotate his nock a little more and clear the black bristles.

I've put hundreds of shots through my WB with little, if any, wrinkling. The waves I did get was from the vanes passing through/by the center. Once I figured out how my nock needs to be turned for my draw length, poundage, and arrow specifics... no more waves. No different than a prong rest or the NAP 360. People need to tweak their set-up for best performance.

2. to get rid of the waves there are two well known and noted solutions.
    A. pass hot air over them with a blow dryer or candle. NOT close, just enough for them to warm up and straighten out.
    B. put them in warm water. The warm water will also straighten the vanes without melting out the glue.

Just a bit of advice for those worried about using a WB and Wavy Vanes....

To keep the leading edge from catching and peeling back, put a dab of glue on the leading edge.

Blazers and Duravanes seem to hold up very well.
    2006 PSE Diablo - 26"/68# |VBG Triangle | WB DX QS | ST Magnums
    TR One Piece Quiver | Doinker 7" M-Rod | Vibracheck HD | Scott Wildcat
    Box Family Archery Site / Diablo Owners Club / Maine Hunter Support Group

i talk the fletching glue and put a dab of glue on the beginning of the fletch.. every so often u have to put some more glue on but i make good groups.

ive had one for 2 years now and had one problem. The vanes were not glued on properly so they came off. So i went to good ole wallyworld and bought superglue and now no problmes. also shoot blazer vanes