You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Not so great

Default Not so great

Got back from Stueben county NY last Sunday. My hunting trip didn't go like I hoped it would. The first morning looked promising I seen 2 four points and I didn't even do any scouting. The next few days didn't amount to anything. I didn't even see a deer in any of my stands. My scouting efforts didn't show any promise of any big boys. I went out with my brother every night spot lighting and we couldn't even find a decent buck that way. I don't know where they all went to but we couldn't find them. I mean between my brother and I we covered some major ground. Wednesday morning came around and I was finally looking forward this one spot I found. I ended up seeing a spike, 4 point, and a small scrubby 8. The next few days I struggled with wind direction and people cutting wood near my stand. Friday morning my brother whacked a nice 6 point. I seen another spike (3rd one that week). Saturday came around I went back to the spot I saw the three bucks. Well I saw 2 bucks this time but both where 4 points. Saturday night and Sunday morning didn't do anything for me either. Well I was very disappointed. Well I guess thats what I get for having such high expectations. The past 3 years I have gone down for 4 days or just the weekend and had a chances at good bucks. I don't know maybe it just wasn't my year for NY bow hunting. Well Vermont rifle opener is tomorrow so hopefully things will change.

Don't get discouraged! I shot my deer the last three years within three days of starting hunting. This year I have yet to see a buck. there is only one thing thats certain in bowhunting and thats "Nothing is a sure thing".
    "We all must hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Cablegaurd21 View Post
    Don't get discouraged! I shot my deer the last three years within three days of starting hunting. This year I have yet to see a buck. there is only one thing thats certain in bowhunting and thats "Nothing is a sure thing".
    Same here on tha bucks
    found a promsin place this afternoon a rub tha my thumb and index finger lacked 1.5 in touchin and was 4 feet high.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by ridgewalker243 View Post
    Got back from Stueben county NY last Sunday. My hunting trip didn't go like I hoped it would. The first morning looked promising I seen 2 four points and I didn't even do any scouting. The next few days didn't amount to anything. I didn't even see a deer in any of my stands. My scouting efforts didn't show any promise of any big boys. I went out with my brother every night spot lighting and we couldn't even find a decent buck that way. I don't know where they all went to but we couldn't find them. I mean between my brother and I we covered some major ground. Wednesday morning came around and I was finally looking forward this one spot I found. I ended up seeing a spike, 4 point, and a small scrubby 8. The next few days I struggled with wind direction and people cutting wood near my stand. Friday morning my brother whacked a nice 6 point. I seen another spike (3rd one that week). Saturday came around I went back to the spot I saw the three bucks. Well I saw 2 bucks this time but both where 4 points. Saturday night and Sunday morning didn't do anything for me either. Well I was very disappointed. Well I guess thats what I get for having such high expectations. The past 3 years I have gone down for 4 days or just the weekend and had a chances at good bucks. I don't know maybe it just wasn't my year for NY bow hunting. Well Vermont rifle opener is tomorrow so hopefully things will change.

yeah Ulster county sucks pretty bad right now also.......just because I am not hunting w/the bow right now, does not mean I am not out looking for when Regular Season starts.....I am seeing NO DEER......and NO SIGN.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    yeah Ulster county sucks pretty bad right now also.......just because I am not hunting w/the bow right now, does not mean I am not out looking for when Regular Season starts.....I am seeing NO DEER......and NO SIGN.....
    Have ya been lookin under any trampolines that seems to be where there hangin out these days....
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder