Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 02-16-2006, 06:28 AM   #1
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default Why?????

Can anyone tell me why, with so many good choices of really good arrow rests on the market, people still insist on the ole fletching wrecker Whisker Biscuit. Not trying to get anyone pissed off just wondering.
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:21 AM   #2
OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter is on a distinguished road

Simplicity and reliability are my best choice of words. I have used the WB for the past 5 yrs or so, and I am very satisfied with it. It is an accurate rest for hunting or for target practice. It's accurate enough that I seldom shoot at the same dot 40 yrds and in, because of fear of nock and fletching damage from incoming arrows. There are no moving parts or worries with timing. Once it is set, it's set. It is a sturdy rest that can take the rigors of hunting and holds the arrow securly. With the new material they are using it does very little, if any, damage to my fletchings. I use 4" dura vanes and 4" bohning's. In fact, I get more damage from other arrows clipping fletching than from the WB rest. Simplicty and reliability during the hunt is all I want out of a rest, especially when I am at full draw on a live animal. The WB accomplishes this.
OKbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
Next Ridge Over

Next Ridge Over is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I have one on the kids Parker and you can't beat it.

They could stay in business just for that reason without even getting into the hunting positives.
Next Ridge Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:47 AM   #4
JPG
ALPHAMAX KARMA

JPG is on a distinguished road
Default Simple

Like the others have said. It's just so easy to tune and use. I do not mind the slight wrinkle it puts in my fletchings. The arrows still shoot very accurate. Plus, I primarily hunt from a treestand, and it is a great rest for leaning, and shooting from awkward angles.
JPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:17 PM   #5
MoBowman

MoBowman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPG
Like the others have said. It's just so easy to tune and use. I do not mind the slight wrinkle it puts in my fletchings. The arrows still shoot very accurate. Plus, I primarily hunt from a treestand, and it is a great rest for leaning, and shooting from awkward angles.
Probably the easiest and best HUNTING rest around. But you won't find many (if any) serious spot or 3d shooters useing them. THe reasons for that are obvious.

MoBowman ```----------->
MoBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 06:37 PM   #6
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Just put blazer vanes or vantec vanes on. No more wrinkles.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:40 PM   #7
MoBowman

MoBowman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBowman
Probably the easiest and best HUNTING rest around. But you won't find many (if any) serious spot or 3d shooters useing them. THe reasons for that are obvious.

MoBowman ```----------->

Sorry, just had to quote myself.................

MoBowman ```---------->
MoBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #8
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

I hope no one took the stuff i said wrong either as I re read what i wrote I can see how it could be taken a few different ways, as always just my opinions. Sorry if any one took it as bashing them or a product. I am just kinda sick of seeing all the trykons (both reg and xl) at the one shop I go to setting up there on the wall w/ those on them. He has about 10 trykons on the wall and everyone has a wb. Kinda said is all.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:35 PM   #9
BowTech81

BowTech81 is on a distinguished road
Default Drop AWAY!!!!!

I recently bought the Rip-cord drop away rest. This thing is AWESOME!!!! The best part of this rest is that it's a two in one rest. You get the accuracy of a drop-away and the captivity of the whisker biscuit, but this one doesn't ruin your veins!!!
BowTech81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:31 PM   #10
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

bowtech81, thank you for helping my point. many thanks.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:13 PM   #11
fastfred

fastfred is on a distinguished road
Default fought through many drop aways and other

Used to be a BIG drop away fan, but seems something always happens where suddenly the fletching starts getting some contact, or there is a hiccup in the mechanism. I shoot every bit as good with a WB as I do with a drop away or standard rest. If anything changes in way I shoot or equipment settles, the WB is very easy to adjust and get shots tuned again.
fastfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:47 AM   #12
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default Biscuits are GREAT

As has been stated here they are very easy to adjust,full containment,very accurate,no moving parts to go haywire,very quiet, all this at a very good price. I use blazers and have not had 1 vane come off or wrinkle. Compared to other rests there is no real competition for the biscuit. Sorry dude the biscuit is here to stay for a long long long while.

Frank

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:54 PM   #13
Mad-Man

Mad-Man is on a distinguished road

I asked my dad and my uncle why they insist on them. Their simple reply was...

"I can turn my bow upside down and the arrow wont fall off."
STS Front Mount
Winners Choice Strings And Cables
MD Custom Bow Slings
Fletcher True Peep 1/4
Muzzy 100 Grain 3 Blade
Mad-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 03:47 PM   #14
dbowers

dbowers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN
Can anyone tell me why, with so many good choices of really good arrow rests on the market, people still insist on the ole fletching wrecker Whisker Biscuit. Not trying to get anyone pissed off just wondering.
I know around my parts its because the pro shop worker brain washes the customers into using the WB. I saw a few fellas last year using the WB on there 3d setup I new they were new to the sport; so i had to ask them why they were using it. And that was the responce I got "Oh the guy at the shop reccomended it.
I gave a bit more info and suggestion
Apparition Scents Fleld Rep
dbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:39 PM   #15
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

exactly where I was headed w/this one, but wanted to see if any one else was holding a hammer (hitting nail on head ) My point is maybe if some of the dealers, especally (misspelled) around here were more compitant in setting up bows we would not need items such as these. I was wondering for the people that actually paper tune there bows w/ a whisker biscuit, have you ever had anything but a perfect bullet hole. the answer is no because it forces the arrow straight, All good and fine if your form is off. Dont ever have to work on that again or perfecting your release or any of those things that we as archers are supposed to work on and perfect. Oh and one more thing has any one had one of those things out on a day were it was freezing rain and the bristles get frozen and then old daddy big horns walks up, you draw and shoot and all of a sudden you hear what sounds like glass on concrete were your arrow just went through the frozen biscuit and ripped off your fletchings and ice is shooting everwhere and you look down to see that buck of a liftime running off w/no sign of being hit cuz after your arrow left the bow it was only doing about 50 fps and never even made it to the deer?
Old 02-21-2006, 08:38 AM   #16
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default Nope

I have never been out in freezing rain and had that happen before but it does sound bad. And just how often has that happened to you? 99.9% of the time it is not freezing rain in Indiana during bow season. I have had other rests and have found that the biscuit is by far the best for my setup. Not everyone is going to like them but then again the same is true with alot of things. Use what works for you is my motto the ripcord is a good rest but I do not want to take the chance on that old daddy bighorns coming by and my drop away failing under ideal weather conditions. And by the way if freezing rain gets into that drop away it just may not "drop away" Nothing out there is perfect but as far as rests the biscuit is close enough for alot of guys around here. And by the way the guy at my shop does'nt push any products he lets customers try several different models and then lets them decide what they feel more confident with. Not trying to ruffle any feathers here guys just calm, friendly debate. So if this comes along wrong I am very sorry, not intended that way. A person should use whatever he has confidence in and not what someone else says is (the best). Well keep shooting straight guys.

Frank

"HONDA"
Old 04-18-2006, 05:55 AM   #17
ex-wolverine

ex-wolverine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN
I don't mean to offend anyone here, but here goes!!!

Like I said on another forum, we regularly practice out to 60 yards here at my range in Idaho...I don't care what bow my WB is on I shoot every bit as accurate with it as I did with the TT...

As far as vanes go, I put hundreds of shots through the WB with Vantec vanes and the only time I had a vane come off is when my son or I shot them off...My son likes to mess up daddys arrows

Im telling you guys, its all about the male archer "EGO" why drop away purists wont try one...I know , because I was once one...Now Im a recovering dropawayholic

I wasn't a believer until I set mine up on the Hoyt Ultra Tec...I couldn't believe how easy it was to tune and the accuracy it provided

I did have a little problem tuning with it at first with my Ultra Tec...But that was my fault...the timing on the cams were out...I called up Carolina Archery and talked to the tech...HE stayed on the phone until I got the bow right...He said to creep tune the cams (make them stop at the same time) because the alignment holes were just a starting point...So with the help of a good friend I creep tuned the CAMS and shot perfect bullet holes

On my Switchback...I put it on and in 10 minutes I had it paper tuned...I have tried 3 different drop aways on the Switchback and I had to take out twists here and there just to take out the stupid left tear....And guess what the bow was out of specs just to get the TT to shoot right...

I put the bow back in specs and presto-bango the whisker biscuit shot perfect bullet holes...I even tried it (WB) out of specs and it shot perfect holes

Alot of folks were telling me that I was torqueing the bow...hence the left tear with the drop away

Well tell me this, if the WB is more critical to hand torque, then why do I get perfect holes with it and not the Trophy taker???.

I know I opened myself up for some Mathews tuning or form bashing, but that's ok...We are Americans, we can take it

I would like to see an honest answer from the guys who replied negatively , if in fact they ever used one (whisker Biscuit)...Im willing to bet that some have not...I would bet a beer that even if Daniel Boone tried one, he would be pleasantly surprised. ..Just kidding DB, I know how much you like the TT

For me, I just haven't seen the advantage of a drop away after using the WB...I want to believe that a drop away is the best and it would increase my accuracy, but I just haven't seen it personally...

Without the risk of sounding like a braggart (SP), I did win a couple and placed in the top 3 of a couple 3D shoots last year with the Hoyt Ultratec and a TT rest...I also lost a couple of them because my arrow wasn't on the TT and I dropped a target or two...You all know that no-one can afford to drop a target or you are out of the running...I know it was me, focusing too much on the target judging and not paying attention to the equipment It was not the rests fault...But this year I will have that peace of mind that the WB affords; not dropping arrows off the rest...

I am confident I can have similar success with a WB and the Switchback...That's how accurate I think this rest has been for me while practicing....

Most rests made now-adays are great...The Whisker Biscuit is in comparison to Rodney Dangerfield I guess...It will never get the respect it deserves

This is a little off topic, but I think it may apply here...you know what I would like to less of on any bowsite forums; I would like to see people not slam products unless they have first hand dealings with it...its not fair to the people who want an honest assessment about something they are about to spend 50 bucks or more on...

Here is a pic of a vegas target shot by Jim Despart...Tell me that the Biscuit is not accurate; How is this for a tight group, a 450 42X shot with a whisker biscuit! 45 arrows were shot into this target at 20 yards,

Just my opinion, If Bowman can have one I can too...No offense Bowman

My first post and Im defending the WB Sorry

You all have a great day...
Tom
Attached Thumbnails
General Archery Forum - Click for larger version  
Mikes Custom Bow sling

Last edited by ex-wolverine; 04-18-2006 at 05:59 AM.
ex-wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:49 AM   #18
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Default Yep

I agree with you ex-wolverine totally. But I can see Bowmans thoughts I hate proshops that try to push a certain product on you whether its a bow or a rest. I have went into shops where they try to push something on me. So I politely tell the owner that I have my own opinion and it is my hard earned money I am spending. I will try his product but if I do not like it then he can have it back. Don't get too pushy or I will take my hard earned money elsewhere. Which is exactly what I have done now. My shop now is very understanding and does'nt push anything except maybe his honey dipped beef sticks I remember when I was totally against a string loop. I had been shooting with eliminator buttons for a few years and did not trust the loop. Boy was I ever wrong as were alot of my buddies. So sometimes stubbornness can get you on the wrong track. I will now always shoot with a loop, until something better comes along. So I say don't knock it til you try it you may just like it.

"HONDA"
Old 04-20-2006, 09:49 PM   #19
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Honey dipped beef sticks, were can I get some of those????
Old 04-18-2006, 03:35 PM   #20
shaft

shaft is on a distinguished road

I like my WB. Use it for hunting and 3-D. No moving parts and simple. Just the way I like it. If other people dont like it they dont have to look at it.
shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:32 PM   #21
bullspotter

bullspotter is on a distinguished road

Hers a sick story, Out elk hunting one day, and the wind came up pretty good, got about 18 yards from a big boy, wind blew my arrow of my rest 3 times, 3rd time he heard it or saw it and bolted, no shot no bull, he pry would have grossed 370- 380, he had it all, Im good enough to have made the kill shot in the wind, as i have shot 3ds in worse, but was able to move around to help with the wind, theirs not much moving with the big boy right on ya.... I would have given someone $2000 if they would have talked me into using one of those wb setups that day......
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:10 AM   #22
ex-wolverine

ex-wolverine is on a distinguished road
Default Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullspotter
Hers a sick story, Out elk hunting one day, and the wind came up pretty good, got about 18 yards from a big boy, wind blew my arrow of my rest 3 times, 3rd time he heard it or saw it and bolted, no shot no bull, he pry would have grossed 370- 380, he had it all, Im good enough to have made the kill shot in the wind, as i have shot 3ds in worse, but was able to move around to help with the wind, theirs not much moving with the big boy right on ya.... I would have given someone $2000 if they would have talked me into using one of those wb setups that day......

Another thing I always here is that the WB is a good hunting rest but not for targets

My thoughts are if the WB is good enough to take an animals life its good enough to use for 3D...If I can trust the rest for a critical shot on an animal I can sure use it on a 3D target and do well with it...

Its a great rest...If you dont like it, dont use it...If you havnt used it dont knock it...

Tom
Mikes Custom Bow sling
ex-wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote