Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute
Default January 2009: Win Vortex Binocular Contest

Vortex has generously offered to promote a January 2009 contest and wait to you see the great Vortex prizes in this contest.

RULES:
There are multiple ways for you to enter this contest and make it easy on you.
This is a really easy to enter contest just create a post like one of the ones below or all of them.
Post a picture of yourself or someone using Vortex products.
Post a personal experience with Vortex products or the Vortex company
Post something you heard about Vortex Customer service
Post what you would like to see Vortex offer in the future.

You can post as many times as you like but your posts cannot violate site or contest rules. If you post multiple times, your posts must be unique, no duplicates posts. For example don't create 50 posts that say they need a 20x50 binocular.

Note for first time posters and new members
Don't be surprised if you don't see your post right away. New member's posts with pictures will probably get flagged as possible spam and will not be viewable until they get approved by a moderator. They are posted, just be patient for a moderator to approve them. Once you have 6 posts, the moderation will no longer happen to you. It's an anti-spam filter. It's annoying but necessary.

The Vortex Prizes
Your choice of Vortex Fury Binocular
Lens Pen
Vortex Hat
Binoc-Loc
Harness Strap
Vortex T-shirt

How the Winner is chosen
The winner will be choosen by a random number generator. The person who's post number matches the random number wins. Pretty simple. The contest will end January 31st at 11:59pm CST.

If you have questions on the contest, please PM me. Don't post the questions in this thread.

We would like to thank Tim and everyone at Vortex for offering up such a great contest. Our sponsors help keep this site going so please support them and remember them when you are purchasing your hunting related products.

Last edited by Chris; 01-04-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
NerdHick
<<< Triumph!

NerdHick is on a distinguished road

Sweet!

I've heard nothing but good things about the Vortex customer service!

TruBall & Axcel & Dead Center Archery Shooter Staff
Old 12-31-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
rodney482
I love this stuff

rodney482 is on a distinguished road

Back in 07 I went on a Caribou hunt in Northern Quebec, I actually sold my Swarovski Els to help finance my trip. I picked up a set of Vortex Diamondbacks in 10x42 because I heard good things about them on AT and I figured they would get me by until I could save up for another set of Swarovski. When my binoculars arrived I thought wow these look pretty nice for $200 glass(keep in mind I had been using $2000 glass for the last 5 years). I then took them outside and startd glassing the hillsides around my house, I could not believe how well they performed.

Well off to northern Quebec, I arrived in camp and experienced weather that was everything from 60 and sunny to 19 and blowing snow. I used those diamonbacks for the 5 day hunt and glassed for hours at a time. I was totally satisified and never once wished that I had my Swarovskis.

I returned from Canada and posted on Archery talk about my experience with Vortex, I was contacted by Tim Austin (vortex optics) he told me that he loved my review and the pictures. Tim asked if Vortex could use my photos in their 08 catalog,,,of course I said heck yeah!!

I emailed Tim the pictures and about a week later I received a very nice package from Vortex full of very nice gear. I was then contacted by Vortex and offered a position on their Field Staff, of course I said yes.

In January 08 Tim contacted me again and asked if I would like to attend the ATA show in Indy( this is a non public show and tickets are hard to get) again I jumped at the chance, I got to meet Tim at the show and was introduced to some of the other fine folks at Vortex.

Words can not express how proud I am to be a member of their team. Vortex is a top notch company, ran by top notch individuals!

Their products are top shelf and their warranty is second to none. If there is a problem it will be taken care of.

Rodney Rudd
Vortex National Field Staff
Northern Indiana

Ps this is not an entry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg at%202.JPG (113.0 KB, 2116 views)

Last edited by rodney482; 12-31-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
Scottyluck

Scottyluck is on a distinguished road

I received a pm from a member on another forum about a problem he had with his Sidewinders. A screw broke inside one of the eyecups. Since it was the middle of hunting season he didn't want to send his binos in for warranty work and be without them. He was just contacting me to let me know of the problem as well as ask if I' ever heard of such a problem before.

I contacted Tim to make him aware of the problem. Tim contacted the member to get the issue straightened out. Rather than have the guy send in his binos for work in the middle of the season Tim sent him a BRAND NEW pair of Sidewinders, no questions asked, as well as a return shipping label for the damaged Sidewinders!

From that moment on I've been an ardent supporter of Vortex Optics.

Some pics of Vortex in action.

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum
Old 01-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
mtmedic

mtmedic is on a distinguished road

Wow, what a way to kick off the new year.

I have been wanting a pair of these for a while and hope to have some by summer. All I know is what I have heard word of mouth. The customer service is second to none for the LIFE of the product. It doesn't matter who owns it!!! It doesn't get any better than that. I do not know of anyone who has had to send theirs in but it is nice to know.

I have looked at numerous binocs this last year and the price and quality cannot be beat. I have buddies with Leicas, Leupolds, Swaros, and Vortex and they all appear to be great products and the view is awesome. Vortex just has THE best price.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #6
mdewitt71

mdewitt71 is on a distinguished road

Just got back from Iraq to my Vortex binos I ordered while I was over there.....
TOP NOTCH, I am very impressed with them so far and plan to buy a spotting scope later in the year.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #7
poorman
And thats no lie !

poorman has a spectacular aura aboutpoorman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post
Back in 07 I went on a Caribou hunt in Northern Quebec, I actually sold my Swarovski Els to help finance my trip. I picked up a set of Vortex Diamondbacks in 10x42 because I heard good things about them on AT and I figured they would get me by until I could save up for another set of Swarovski. When my binoculars arrived I thought wow these look pretty nice for $200 glass(keep in mind I had been using $2000 glass for the last 5 years). I then took them outside and startd glassing the hillsides around my house, I could not believe how well they performed.

Well off to northern Quebec, I arrived in camp and experienced weather that was everything from 60 and sunny to 19 and blowing snow. I used those diamonbacks for the 5 day hunt and glassed for hours at a time. I was totally satisified and never once wished that I had my Swarovskis.

I returned from Canada and posted on Archery talk about my experience with Vortex, I was contacted by Tim Austin (vortex optics) he told me that he loved my review and the pictures. Tim asked if Vortex could use my photos in their 08 catalog,,,of course I said heck yeah!!

I emailed Tim the pictures and about a week later I received a very nice package from Vortex full of very nice gear. I was then contacted by Vortex and offered a position on their Field Staff, of course I said yes.

In January 08 Tim contacted me again and asked if I would like to attend the ATA show in Indy( this is a non public show and tickets are hard to get) again I jumped at the chance, I got to meet Tim at the show and was introduced to some of the other fine folks at Vortex.

Words can not express how proud I am to be a member of their team. Vortex is a top notch company, ran by top notch individuals!

Their products are top shelf and their warranty is second to none. If there is a problem it will be taken care of.

Rodney Rudd
Vortex National Field Staff
Northern Indiana

Ps this is not an entry

Rodney,
You are my hero~!! My dad used to have a saying..... That guy could fall into a pile of **** and come out smelling like a rose. Not only this post but your year of hunting accomplishments has been awesome as well. congratulations to you and may you continue to be succsesful doing the thing you obviously love to do!!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
rodney482
I love this stuff

rodney482 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorman View Post
Rodney,
You are my hero~!! My dad used to have a saying..... That guy could fall into a pile of **** and come out smelling like a rose. Not only this post but your year of hunting accomplishments has been awesome as well. congratulations to you and may you continue to be succsesful doing the thing you obviously love to do!!
Thank you for your kind words

It is so easy to represent Vortex,,,dont have to say a word, just hand guys/gals the binocualrs and they speak for themselves....
Old 01-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #9
poorman
And thats no lie !

Vortex pledges this Very Important Promise to you, a Very Important Person, and that's why we call it the VIP warranty. In the event that your Vortex product requires service, no matter the cause, Vortex Optics will repair or replace the product at no charge to you.

I dont think you can beat that for customer service!!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #10
Cliff Orley

Cliff Orley is on a distinguished road

Vortex are becoming well known here in Australia, A friend of mine brought a Vortex spotting scope (that he was sponsored with) over, to compare with my Leica Spotting scope, we sat them side by side on tripods. we were both amazed how close they were in clarity.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #11
Bowtech531

Bowtech531 is on a distinguished road

I Hunt and shoot with a friend that has 3 pair, They are the clearest glass that i have saw in a long time. They will be my next glass for sure!! For the price they can not be beat hands down. He stated that with his first pair there were some issues, But not a problem . the service that he had was second to none he was extremely pleased with everything. Just waiting for my birthday to get my pair.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #12
TheRev

TheRev is on a distinguished road
Default Crossbow Scope

I was impressed by the product line on Vortex on their website. I would like to see a quality Crossbow multi-reticle scope in a 2 or 3 power.

TheRev
Old 01-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #13
KEPPY382

KEPPY382 is on a distinguished road

My father bought a pair, which he dropped and broke. The service center was great, all he paid was the shipping. I bought him the bino straps for X-mas.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #14
tking

tking is on a distinguished road
Default vortex

My brother and I used his new Vortex skyline scope on a mule deer hunt in September and absolutely LOVED it. He could have easily afforded to purchase whatever glass he wanted but the Vortex reputation for customer service and their VIP warranty are what convinced him to go with Vortex.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #15
Paul S.
I do not follow!

Paul S. is on a distinguished road

I have some friends that say they are awesome Binos...I'd like to find out for myself.

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html
Old 01-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #16
tking

tking is on a distinguished road
Default vortex

I'd like to see vortex come up with some quality lens covers for thier scopes. I have a diamondback scope and love it but I'm not fond of the covers that came with it.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #17
poorman
And thats no lie !

I wouldnt mind trying one of these either..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vx_spotting_scopes.jpg (41.6 KB, 148 views)
Old 01-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #18
Twinsfan

Twinsfan is on a distinguished road
Default Great idea

i love my 10x42 and could really use a pair of 10x50 for those hunts out in the badlands. thanks for such a great contest.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #19
easton94

easton94 is on a distinguished road

Very cool, glad to see Vortex posting up such a great contest!! I have not had personal experience with Vortex but I've hear tons of good things about the products!! '94
Old 01-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #20
jdawg240
BOWNUTS

jdawg240 is on a distinguished road

Ive been looking at a new high quality pair of optics and Vortex are at the top of my list. My good freand bought a spotting scope this summer and we are very impressed with the overall qaulity and performance of the product.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:00 AM   #21
wekilldeer

wekilldeer is on a distinguished road
Default my turn

I have many vortex products. For the money they cant be beat!!! On top of that they have the best customer service that I have ever dealt with. The people are soooo friendly and helpful. I am a true Vortex fan and I hope that someday they will offer a rangefinder Bino, that would be the only thing that will make me give up my Razors Thank you Vortex!!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #22
clar 6

clar 6 is on a distinguished road
Default Vortex binos

I have a pair of Vortex Diamondbacks, my shooting buddy tries to take them and leave me a pair of Leupold's.

Got mine at

Jeff's Performance Archery
Dodgeville, WI
608-935-5916
Old 01-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #23
harleyryder
bowhunter, Pure-n-Simple

harleyryder is on a distinguished road

Had one of their scopes,It was a excellent product...........
Old 01-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #24
FactsOfLife

FactsOfLife is on a distinguished road
Default Have been using their binoc locs and strap

Been using their loc and strap for two seasons, high quality items that I don't have to worry about when I'm out in the field.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #25
mathewsgirl13
Pinky

mathewsgirl13 is on a distinguished road

Where to begin when I have so much to say about an AWESOME company, product and customer service???

I currently use the Viper 10x42 Binos and I must say, they are the best binos, I have put in my hands....

I just recently received the Crossfire scope 4-12x40 for my .22 gun... let's just say with that scope... the squirrel heads stand no chance with me!!

I can guarantee that you will find no better product or customer service than the one you will receive from Vortex!!!

But for the future, I'm in the same boat as some of the others... I would like to see a range finder from Vortex!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #26
1DevineShooter

1DevineShooter is on a distinguished road

I have a friend that had a problem with her Vortex binos, and they got her taken care of lickty split. Great customer service is what I hear!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:26 PM   #27
Stanley

Stanley is on a distinguished road

I have never used Vortex Binocs. Never really have heard anything about costumer service. For me to use Vortex and critique them I would probably have to win a pair of Binoculars. 7x50 is what I would need to consider using them. Having never won anything in my life Iíll probably just end up using my old tascos again next year.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:06 AM   #28
IlliniBowhunter

IlliniBowhunter is on a distinguished road
Default Love a pair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
I have never used Vortex Binocs. Never really have heard anything about costumer service. For me to use Vortex and critique them I would probably have to win a pair of Binoculars. 7x50 is what I would need to consider using them. Having never won anything in my life Iíll probably just end up using my old tascos again next year.
Going through a nasty divorce. The ex has decided to make my life miserable. She said I spent too much time hunting. Therefore, she wants my bow and hunting equipment. NEVER in a million years will she get my bow. She did destroy my binoculars, 11 arrows, and tried throw my bow through our basement wall. Good to say my Parker held up. Not a scratch on it.

I will be in the market for a new set of binos. I have never really heard of Vortex Optics. If there are that good, looks like I'll be getting me a pair. Unless, I win one here.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #29
markalbob
Everybody loves a clown..

markalbob is on a distinguished road

I'd also like to see a rangefinder line

SCP4L

Proud to support IDF Archery
Old 01-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #30
bows'n'roses

bows'n'roses is on a distinguished road

I have heard a lot of positive things about Vortex Customer Service.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #31
bustnbulls

bustnbulls is on a distinguished road

A good Friend of mine is a rep for Vortex and he gave me a pair to use for a day. WOW I am very impresed with the performance on these binos. I own a pair of swaros 10x42 and I see no need to spend the extra money for the same performance.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #32
brettframpton

brettframpton is on a distinguished road

vortex is high quality low cost glass. By far the best bang for a fiew bucks!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #33
JShea

JShea is on a distinguished road

I took 9th place at IBO World's in the Hunter Class using 8.5x50 Vortex Vultures.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #34
holy roller

holy roller is on a distinguished road
Default vortex customer service

Now I know that vortex does have great service.On sunday night I sent an email to vortex,When I sent that email I thought that it was going to take them a couple of days to respond back to me question.But little did I know that Tim answered back in less than 1 minute. I sent it at 9:46pm and recived it back at 9:46.If you dont belive me Pm me with your email address and I will foward both emails to you so you can see the time difference.THAT IS BECAUSE IT WAS SUNDAY NIGHT.THANKS TIM FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONCE.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:01 PM   #35
dbldwn11

dbldwn11 is on a distinguished road

I've heard great things about Vortex Customer Service...oh and their products are good too
Old 01-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #36
Looney Bin
At least I admit Im Crazy

Looney Bin is on a distinguished road
Default Range Finder

Range Finder

Old 01-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #37
Looney Bin
At least I admit Im Crazy

Looney Bin is on a distinguished road
Default Bino with built in range finder

I would love to see a good set of bino's with a built in Range Finder. Something in the compact to mid size range. I want Good optics with a Reliable range finder at a reasonable price. Its got to be durable I'm rough on my hunting equipment. I already carry enough stuff into the woods. Not having to carry both a range finder and bino's would be sweet.

Bino/Range Finder Combo.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #38
kebees4

kebees4 is on a distinguished road

I don't have any but have heard they make some of the best. I would love to try them.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #39
Rino

Rino is on a distinguished road

Being completely honest, Vortex? Now that we are aware of the elephant in the room, I have to say that having a good pare of optics has never entered my mind. Clearly I do not have any pictures or experiences with Vortex to submit, so I am submitting my stupidity.
I am planning a mule deer hunt this fall '09, and according to a friend of mine, my $40 "cheapo" brand will not cut it. I do realize that I am putting myself at risk of being mocked...let it rain.
So yeah, this thread has introduced me to Vortex Optics. After visiting your web site for the first time only 30 minutes ago, let me say that from a design standpoint your logo is awesome. I am married to a graphic designer, so design is talked about enough in my house that it is one of the first things we notice. I do realize that a logo is not going to help me find that monster buck hidiing in the brush in low light, but really, it IS a cool design.
As far a your products go...wow. I really have to spend more time on your site to even determine which binoculars would be best suited for me. The fact that there are several options is really nice.
I also just found the nearest Vortex dealer. I did the search on your site and figured I would have to travel the hour+ to Fargo to test some out...but oh no!...there is a dealer 0.68 miles from my house! Crazy! I live in a town of 200 people. I guess I will get some hands on testing with some of your binoculars in addition to all of the positive reviews I have been finding on
3dshoots.com.
Thanks for opening my eyes to the awesome world of Vortex Optics...that was a bit cheesy...my bad.

Rino
A lot of blood.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #40
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Hey Tim if you read this, PM me so I can give you an address to send a dealer packet to......I think I might have the "big guy" convinced to put Vortex in the showcase!