Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 08-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
grizz49
Old Archer

grizz49 is on a distinguished road
Question Peep Rotation:

Have some issues with peep rotation this year! I'm shotting the Mathews Reezen 7.0 and using a G5 peep. Just will not stay put. One tech stated that it has been a issue on the bows with big wheel cams etc, etc, PSE and alike?

Your thoughts- thanks! I really don't want to go back to the surgical tube stuff!
09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.
grizz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz49 View Post
Have some issues with peep rotation this year! I'm shotting the Mathews Reezen 7.0 and using a G5 peep. Just will not stay put. One tech stated that it has been a issue on the bows with big wheel cams etc, etc, PSE and alike?

Your thoughts- thanks! I really don't want to go back to the surgical tube stuff!
String stretch is string stretch, it does't matter what size the idler wheel or cam are. Once all of the stretch is out, the peep will stop rotating.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
grizz49
Old Archer

grizz49 is on a distinguished road
Default Peep Rotation

I have close to a 1000 arrows through this bow, I think the creep or string strench should be gone!
09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.
grizz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:24 AM   #4
hunter2678

hunter2678 is on a distinguished road

FWIW...I've heard from many current and former mathews owners that the barracuda/zebra strings aren't very good at all. My friend just bought a monster and he had the shop tech who suggested that he take off the factory strings and put on a custom set immediately. One would think that1000+ shots through a 90+ inch single cam string should be more than enough, and it should be. If it were me I'd spring for a reputable aftermarket string and be done with the hassle and worry before the season gets here.

Last edited by hunter2678; 08-31-2009 at 05:30 AM.
hunter2678 is offline   Reply With Quote