Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Clubhouse Lounge > Offtopic

Old 10-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Unhappy NRA keeps calling !

I keep getting calls from the NRA (I got caller ID ) and I don't answer them as they seem to hound you more as this has happen in past years.

I'm not against the NRA ,but don't like all that extra asking for this or that , which seems to be part of their goals !

What does anyone on this site think of this situation ,that I'm in ?

If I join or not ,how do I keep them from bothering me alot ?
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
ozzy

ozzy is on a distinguished road

I dont get calls from them but emails a few a week which is fine with me, thats why I'm a member. I'm glad there doing what there doing or there might not be any gun rights at all.
Limbsaver 4.55 S-Coil Stabilizer
T.R.U. Ball Chappy Boss
ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

I get maybe one call a year and a few mailings which I read... I am a Life Member...

The calls you get are not actually from the NRA but from a phone bank.. next time they call answer and request to be placed on the do not call list... it will take a few weeks but the calls will stop..
Old 10-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Unhappy They called !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
I get maybe one call a year and a few mailings which I read... I am a Life Member...

The calls you get are not actually from the NRA but from a phone bank.. next time they call answer and request to be placed on the do not call list... it will take a few weeks but the calls will stop..
They called just a few minutes ago ( must be call number 342 or so in the last month + )and I told them to put me on their do not call list !

Don't know if it works ,but thanks for the advice !
Old 10-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #5
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Unhappy NRA just called again !

Made me mad ,but I thought I'd listen to their reason this time ,rather than just ask them to put me on their do not call list as that didn't work .

I listen to their message, they always addressed themselves as members of the NRA,I never doubted they were not !

Being that I don't know any of those people I've decided to let someone here give me a solid reason or more on why it is better to be a member,please I want only those who I would know from this site ,not anyone from who knows where and keep it short and direct ,please

I do own alot of firearms (mostly shotguns ),as I do archery equipment !

Carpshooter
Old 10-13-2009, 06:09 PM   #6
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
Made me mad ,but I thought I'd listen to their reason this time ,rather than just ask them to put me on their do not call list as that didn't work .

I listen to their message, they always addressed themselves as members of the NRA,I never doubted they were not !

Being that I don't know any of those people I've decided to let someone here give me a solid reason or more on why it is better to be a member,please I want only those who I would know from this site ,not anyone from who knows where and keep it short and direct ,please

I do own alot of firearms (mostly shotguns ),as I do archery equipment !

Carpshooter
Obama, Pelosi, Sotomayor.... do I really got to go on...

I told you it would take a while to get on the do not call list... you must be one of the McDonnald's generation... if it don't happen in the next two seconds you got to gripe about it..
Old 12-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #7
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
I keep getting calls from the NRA (I got caller ID ) and I don't answer them as they seem to hound you more as this has happen in past years.

I'm not against the NRA ,but don't like all that extra asking for this or that , which seems to be part of their goals !

What does anyone on this site think of this situation ,that I'm in ?

If I join or not ,how do I keep them from bothering me alot ?
thats the reason i dropped my membership

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
thats the reason i dropped my membership
me too.

I would rather they double the membership fee and promise to leave me alone the rest of the year.

The last straw was when they started sending me DVD'd that I didn't order then sent me a bill and started burning up my phone line for payment. I broke the DVD in small little pieces and sent it back.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #9
shark3

shark3 has a spectacular aura aboutshark3 has a spectacular aura about

i'm a life time member but only because the gun clubs i belong to make it mandatory in order to belong, i would much rather support Gun Owners of America http://gunowners.org/ i just don't trust the NRA all they want is money.
they kept calling until we had it out one day on the phone and i haven't heard from them since thank god

Red. PSE Supra ME
Black. PSE Supra ME
shark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #10
Westy
Aussie Member

Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about

Why would the Northen Rivers Auto Club keep ringing you guy's

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #11
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Talking Here's what I think !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Why would the Northen Rivers Auto Club keep ringing you guy's
Westy , you are lucky , but give us your Telephone number / numbers and we'll get it on the NRA do-call list !

Last edited by Carpshooter; 12-27-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: spelling and looking a second time