Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed will become famous soon enough
Default B-Stinger Freestyle XL and Premier

Been noticing quite a few of these at indoors. I know the carbon is said to be both lighter and much stiffer than currently available from any competitor.

Anyone ditch their previous stab for an XL or Premier? If you have, was the difference immediate and noticable?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Diffiantly good stabilizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
Been noticing quite a few of these at indoors. I know the carbon is said to be both lighter and much stiffer than currently available from any competitor.

Anyone ditch their previous stab for an XL or Premier? If you have, was the difference immediate and noticable?

I think think they will be my next stabilizer.

B stinger for BHFS class. You certianly cant argue with those who are winning with Blairs stabilizers.
DB
Old 01-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
hstubblefield

hstubblefield is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hstubblefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
I think think they will be my next stabilizer.

B stinger for BHFS class. You certianly cant argue with those who are winning with Blairs stabilizers.
DB
Looking to get a 8" for hunting
hstubblefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

I'm using a 30" premier with a 12" side right. Yes they are nice bars and give you a lot adjustment in weight placement.

But

No they are not magic....if you had a crappy set of bars before then you'll see improvement, but if you had a properly weighted and balanced bow before then you won't notice a huge gain, your biggest gain will be the easy of adding and taking away weight.

Hind sight being king........If I had it to do over, I would look at Coach Bernies bars over on AT.....they are just as stiff(he claims stiffer) with good looking weights at a fraction of the cost.............

Now I'll set back and wait for the B stinger army to attack.....they should be here anytime...zzzzzzz....wait for itzzzzzz wait for itzzzzzzwait for itzzzzz..........
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
Huntelk

Huntelk is on a distinguished road
Default I agree across the board Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
I'm using a 30" premier with a 12" side right. Yes they are nice bars and give you a lot adjustment in weight placement.

But

No they are not magic....if you had a crappy set of bars before then you'll see improvement, but if you had a properly weighted and balanced bow before then you won't notice a huge gain, your biggest gain will be the easy of adding and taking away weight.

Hind sight being king........If I had it to do over, I would look at Coach Bernies bars over on AT.....they are just as stiff(he claims stiffer) with good looking weights at a fraction of the cost.............

Now I'll set back and wait for the B stinger army to attack.....they should be here anytime...zzzzzzz....wait for itzzzzzz wait for itzzzzzzwait for itzzzzz..........
The B-Stingers are ok. I especially like the nearly infinite weight adjustment. There are a ton of "kool-aid" drinkers" out there that want you to believe they are the holy grail. I have Doinkers on my indoor bow and B-Stinger Premier's on my 3-d bow. I sure am not in any hurry to drop over $300 to replace the Doinkers.

As far as the BHFS guys winning with B-Stingers I can say from my years of shooting that class that which 12" stab you use has VERY LITTLE to do with how you shoot. Proper weight and balance with the length limitation can be accomplished with most ANY manufacturer's product.

I'd have to throw the "BS" flag on anyone that said that they gained points going from one properly weighted 12" stab to another properly weighted 12" stab.
Huntelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
Daniel Boone

Default Bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
The B-Stingers are ok. I especially like the nearly infinite weight adjustment. There are a ton of "kool-aid" drinkers" out there that want you to believe they are the holy grail. I have Doinkers on my indoor bow and B-Stinger Premier's on my 3-d bow. I sure am not in any hurry to drop over $300 to replace the Doinkers.

As far as the BHFS guys winning with B-Stingers I can say from my years of shooting that class that which 12" stab you use has VERY LITTLE to do with how you shoot. Proper weight and balance with the length limitation can be accomplished with most ANY manufacturer's product.

I'd have to throw the "BS" flag on anyone that said that they gained points going from one properly weighted 12" stab to another properly weighted 12" stab.
I garantee there a difference in 12" stabilizers. Absorbing shock from a short draw stabilizer is a must. It hard for me not to shoot the archery Kinectic stabilizer. I can tell a difference in AEP, Doinker and B Stinger. Actually have shot many and ever ones a little difference.
DB

I can find several that told me personally they gained points with B stingers and these are the guys winning at the top level.

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 01-22-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post

yep... difference in the feel of the shot... yes

but points... nope

That's Koolaid
Old 01-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #8
BuckeyeRed

Doesn't Bernie use the same carbon that Doinker uses? I know the new Doinker Avancee and Fatty's are supposed to be stiffer than what the Doinker a-bomb, but B-stinger still claims theirs is lighter and stiffer.

I'm not expecting to add points persay, more like an extra X or 2 in a round.

Also been claims that Reo and other top pro shooters had or have been paying for these stabilizers w/ their own money they liked them so much??
Old 01-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
Daniel Boone

Default Reo and others

Quote:
Doesn't Bernie use the same carbon that Doinker uses? I know the new Doinker Avancee and Fatty's are supposed to be stiffer than what the Doinker a-bomb, but B-stinger still claims theirs is lighter and stiffer.

I'm not expecting to add points persay, more like an extra X or 2 in a round.

Also been claims that Reo and other top pro shooters had or have been paying for these stabilizers w/ their own money they liked them so much??
Those guys can shoot any stabilizers out there. They choose Blairs for reason.
DB
Old 01-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #10
BuckeyeRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Those guys can shoot any stabilizers out there. They choose Blairs for reason.
DB
I hear ya, story was just that they were still sponsored by a diff company when they switched.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #11
Daniel Boone

Default Jesee Broadwater

Quote:
I hear ya, story was just that they were still sponsored by a diff company when they switched.
When Jesee shot that amazing score at outdoor nationals it got the attention of many. Especially when Jesee gave alot of credit to those stabilizers.
Often times its just a matter of finding what works for you.
DB

I have seen Hopkins shot alot of different stabilizers well.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #12
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered some B-stingers. Hopefully they are in stock and I'll have them soon. We are looking into stocking these but I have to try them first.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote