Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Clubhouse Lounge > Offtopic
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2006, 08:41 PM   #1
whitetail99
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 372
whitetail99 is on a distinguished road
Default Corn stove buyer beware

I bought a United States Stove Company multi fuel stove Model 6100 and it sucks big time. It truly is crap unless you like to shut it down every day to clean it out. The ash pot is the problem it build up in such a small area it blocks air from getting to the burn pot. The company is basically saying its not a problem? Getting the run around from them. I live in Michigan and want to use corn to heat my house. This 6100 Model claims to heat up to 2000 sq ft { my butt}. I know of a another buyer which is returning this big heavy stove. Mine is going back after I photo graph everything from scratch and start a State complaint. This is the the stove to stay away from like the plague. http://www.usstove.com/cgi-bin/csvse...ivid.pl?ID=116 I f you know anyone that has purchased one of these PLEASE PM me.
whitetail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:10 PM   #2
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail99 View Post
I bought a United States Stove Company multi fuel stove Model 6100 and it sucks big time. It truly is crap unless you like to shut it down every day to clean it out. The ash pot is the problem it build up in such a small area it blocks air from getting to the burn pot. The company is basically saying its not a problem? Getting the run around from them. I live in Michigan and want to use corn to heat my house. This 6100 Model claims to heat up to 2000 sq ft { my butt}. I know of a another buyer which is returning this big heavy stove. Mine is going back after I photo graph everything from scratch and start a State complaint. This is the the stove to stay away from like the plague. http://www.usstove.com/cgi-bin/csvse...ivid.pl?ID=116 I f you know anyone that has purchased one of these PLEASE PM me.
I just purchased a new pellet stove this year and there is definately a LOT of trial and error in getting it to burn correctly. the dampener has to be open just right for the feed settign that is going to be used, and every different kind of pellet requires the settings to be changed. I would imagine that Corn would be the same way. It may not be a problem because they are using a different quality of corn or different settings to have it burning correctly.

I passed on getting the Corn and went for pellets for the auto-light feature that pellets have ad corn doesn't
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:45 PM   #3
Holy Smokes
Senior Member
 
Holy Smokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
Posts: 6,713
Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough
Default

Alright you liberal treehuggers that think we need to save our mass of millions trees. I am still using the good ol X-tech and burning oaks ,ash, locust, hickory and loving the heat I get. So be it if you like to use the corn. Here in the hills of Tn we use to have ,and some still do ,another use for that corn and it was not to feed the hogs.

I have a friend that builds those stove here in Tn. I am going to see if he knows of this problem and see if there is a way to do it as Dreadly has suggested, God bless, Holy Smokes
__________________



Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:55 PM   #4
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
Alright you liberal treehuggers that think we need to save our mass of millions trees.


So if I suppliment my living by selling firewood.....does that make me a tree hater????
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:04 PM   #5
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
So if I suppliment my living by selling firewood.....does that make me a tree hater????
Nice try we already know you are a hippy
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:37 PM   #6
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
Nice try we already know you are a hippy
I may live close (within 2 miles) of Woodstock (not the concert site but the actual town of) but a hippie I am not.....I listen to contry and rock music.....and I where work boots to work and church......I am a hillbilly....plain and simply....I have never stated other wise........
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:26 PM   #7
brokenarrow
Evil Genius
 
brokenarrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hudson Valley NY
Posts: 5,305
brokenarrow is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
I may live close (within 2 miles) of Woodstock (not the concert site but the actual town of) but a hippie I am not.....I listen to contry and rock music.....and I where work boots to work and church......I am a hillbilly....plain and simply....I have never stated other wise........
Here, Here!!! Take that you tree huggin', Leaf peepin', sandal wearin', terrorist supportin' Liberals!!!!!
__________________

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:05 AM   #8
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,203
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
I may live close (within 2 miles) of Woodstock (not the concert site but the actual town of) but a hippie I am not.....I listen to contry and rock music.....and I where work boots to work and church......I am a hillbilly....plain and simply....I have never stated other wise........
Do you were undies ,because if you do??? you ain't a HillBilly
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:51 AM   #9
Holy Smokes
Senior Member
 
Holy Smokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
Posts: 6,713
Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough
Default

Mr Bowman sound like a hippie in disguise Use redneck hillbillies here in Tn Mnts always wore our hair long ,BC, to hide the color of our necks, wore dem boots and such, Holy Smokes
__________________



Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:48 PM   #10
Duck65
Hillbilly
 
Duck65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Piedmont,SC via WV
Posts: 90
Duck65 is on a distinguished road
Default

I love this. Yankees attacking Yankees.
__________________
Pearson Z-32 52# 28 1/2"
Slick Trick Mags TEAM 2
Duck65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:31 AM   #11
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck65 View Post
I love this. Yankees attacking Yankees.
Well the south wasn't much of a challange so if we want an actual war I guess we'll just have to fight eachother.
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:25 PM   #12
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
Well the south wasn't much of a challange so if we want an actual war I guess we'll just have to fight eachother.
them there is fighting words....looks like I may need popcorn now......
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:36 PM   #13
whitetail99
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 372
whitetail99 is on a distinguished road
Default

The problem with wood is that its hard on my back. I will burn right around 12 face cord a year. The stove I have is not designed to attach to duct work and it doesn't have auto controls to adjust temperature. Yes i have a flue dampener and a air intake adjustment. Wood is much more maintenance for me.
whitetail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com