Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 03-07-2005, 09:37 PM   #1
HEAVYCEDAR

HEAVYCEDAR is on a distinguished road
Default Bowtechs?

Not new to the sport, just been away a long time, looking to get back in the game. Im looking to buy a bow and have slimmed it down to either the Bowtech Independence VFT, Bowtech Constitution, or the Hoyt VTECH. Have any of you shot the Independence or Constitution? General Opinions of them? I need all the draw I can get (6'-6" 235lbs) which is why I am leaning towards one of the two Bowtech's. Any opinions of the two different cam systems? I plan on mainly using the bow for hunting but will shoot at the range quite a bit. Never shot 3D but it sounds quite interesting. Thanks in advance.
HEAVYCEDAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 08:27 AM   #2
bayou boy

bayou boy is on a distinguished road

HEAVYCEDAR,
I shoot bowtech bows I have a Justice for hunting & extreme that I shoot for 3-D tournaments. I just ordered a Independence for shooting 3-D. But as far as bowtech goes I really like there bows. I shot Mathews for about 5 years. I like the smooth draw that the bowtech has. I wish I could help on the independence. I will say that if it is as smooth as my justice I think you will enjoy the bow very much.
bayou boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:09 AM   #3
leomfire

leomfire is on a distinguished road
Post Bowtechs?

Heavyceader,
I shoot a Bowtech Pro40. I'm 6'5" 270. I've shoot the Pro40 for the last year, it's the best bow I'v ever shot. This years Bowtech line-up is hot. It makes me wish that I waited a year to buy my new bow. To answer you question about the Bowtechs, the independence is sweet so is the constitution. For your size and draw length check out the old glory.
leomfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:33 PM   #4
383bull

383bull is on a distinguished road

I agree, check out the old glory, it has the new binary cam system, smooth fast and very quiet, and available in a long draw length, I have been shooting a mathews for the last 6 years and just switched to the new allegiance from bowtech, it is a very sweet bow with the new binary cam system also, they have a different draw cycle, it seems like most of the weight when you draw is right away and then gets alot easier through mid draw, they are very fast, the only thing I don't like is the grip. good luck
383bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
leomfire

leomfire is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Bowtech grips

383bull,
I had the same problem. The grip of the Bowtech is to small, it was the only thing I did not like about the bow. The answer is bowgrips.com. It's run by James Loesch who was a national champion archer in the late 80's. He can make a custom grip for just about any bow. I had one done for my PRO40 it's sweet.
leomfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:26 PM   #6
383bull

383bull is on a distinguished road

leomfire,
Thanks for the info, I checked out the website and ordered a grip, this will top off a great bow.
383bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 04:36 AM   #7
Camo

Camo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAVYCEDAR
Not new to the sport, just been away a long time, looking to get back in the game. Im looking to buy a bow and have slimmed it down to either the Bowtech Independence VFT, Bowtech Constitution, or the Hoyt VTECH. Have any of you shot the Independence or Constitution? General Opinions of them? I need all the draw I can get (6'-6" 235lbs) which is why I am leaning towards one of the two Bowtech's. Any opinions of the two different cam systems? I plan on mainly using the bow for hunting but will shoot at the range quite a bit. Never shot 3D but it sounds quite interesting. Thanks in advance.
Well it seems as though you are looking for a long ATA bow, so I would guess that you could find a better choice in the Hoyt lineup than the Vtec to suit your needs. I would suggest looking at the Ultratec, or the Protec. As far as a choice between the Hoyts and the Bowtechs.........You simply can't go wrong with either one! Go with what fits your style. Isn't it great to have such awesome bows to decide between? Enjoy!
Camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 06:21 PM   #8
HEAVYCEDAR

HEAVYCEDAR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo
Well it seems as though you are looking for a long ATA bow, so I would guess that you could find a better choice in the Hoyt lineup than the Vtec to suit your needs. I would suggest looking at the Ultratec, or the Protec. As far as a choice between the Hoyts and the Bowtechs.........You simply can't go wrong with either one! Go with what fits your style. Isn't it great to have such awesome bows to decide between? Enjoy!

Thanks, I put a new ProTec on order two weeks ago. Didn't like the idea of having to order new cams at $80/crack should you have to adjust or change draw length with the Eq Binary Cams. Resale could be a little tougher.
HEAVYCEDAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:47 PM   #9
bayou boy

bayou boy is on a distinguished road
Default independence by bowtech

Heavycedar,

I shot my new independence at tourn. this weekend. I love the single cam and it is smooth. I shot a 400 out of a possible 450 with it. Cant say enough about the bowtech bows. I love the 40" ata it sure is forgiving. Talk to you later. bayou boy.
bayou boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 01:07 PM   #10
tnarcher

tnarcher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayou boy
Heavycedar,

I shot my new independence at tourn. this weekend. I love the single cam and it is smooth. I shot a 400 out of a possible 450 with it. Cant say enough about the bowtech bows. I love the 40" ata it sure is forgiving. Talk to you later. bayou boy.
Nice shooting
Old 05-04-2005, 09:57 AM   #11
glenny

glenny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to glenny
Default Bowtech for you....?

Well,the Constitution is shooting well for me, again and again I am amazed on it's performance.
I have a 29 1/4"draw,I shoot 350 grains@62lbs.w/284fps. as a result.
The binarycam equalizer system either fits ya and ya love it or ya don't,I prefer it at 80% but it doesn't feel like it,as well as the poundage in draw, almost like spirals if you take off the letoff,plus it is very sensitive to drawlength change,if you move the stop 1/16"it changes the drawlength a 1/4-3/8",no problem getting the right drawlength that's for sure.
Just make sure ya get the right drawlength.
It took me about 2 days too get the feel for the way it shoots....It is a tackdriving machine.
As for the grip,I have no problem with it whatsoever,like I said it just is a matter of getting used to it but,it lays down the whole palm comfortably on the bone in the hand where it is suppose to be for me and have no problem feeling out the consistency(it goes where it is suppose to go everytime).
I shot my first ASA tournament and shot well even in the pouring down rain,placed 23rd out of 136 in "c" class as well as shot the Sims buffalo at 105 yards to get into the shootoff for a brand new truck and won 300+ dollars worth of limbsaver merchandise.My group out of 6 arrows was impressive @ 105 yards(about a foot1/2 w/30-35 mph winds w/cxl 2's!) and I really wasn't to sure how it was going to shoot at longer yardages,now I know it's just fine....
I was thinking I should put all the limbsaver stuff on my old glory and probably will,ha,ha(to those who just might....be wondering).
I am getting a old glory here by the end of this month for my hunting purposes,I plan on keeping this constitution for life, it is one of the first 20 red ones and it's my first bowtech.
Who knows,I might use the Old glory for more than hunting when I start shooting it.
One thing is for sure I am glad I have choosen to shoot Bowtech this year.
glenny is offline   Reply With Quote