Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 06-08-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
ArrowSlinger34

ArrowSlinger34 is on a distinguished road
Default Trophy Taker II Steel Spring

Ok I have been looking at this for awhile now and I plan on using it for 3D shoots and can not decide on what the launcher size and all of the stuff I need to properly fit my arrow will be. I am shooting Gold Tip Ultralight X-Cutters. Here is the website I am going to order from so if anyone could fill out what would be best to fit my arrow please help! http://www.lancasterarchery.com/prod...oducts_id=5984

Thanks for all help!
ArrowSlinger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
Jason-R

Jason-R is on a distinguished road

If you want to spend a little extra you can get the micro adjust, but it is not a must. For most applications a .010 blade will work. Very rairly will people use a .012 blade. If it was me buying and this is also what I use on all my bows here is what I would get.

Micro adjust rest with a .010 wide blade and a extra .008 wide blade. You can change the blades out easy and see what gives you the best arrow flight. I have heard of some guys putting 2 blades on at the same time but I just dont see good arrow flight comming off of that. I norm use a .010 for my arrows ranging from 3oogr up to 600gr with good results. Some other top shooters even use the .008 blade for arrows up to 600gr.

Hope this helps.
Jason-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
ArrowSlinger34

Thanks for the advice Jason-R! Also you said the micro adjustment rest would be better to invest in but why? I know wind adjustment and elevation reasons, but my sight is Sure-Loc supreme and the eagle scope which has many different ways to adjust for wind, elevation, exc... so would the rest still be necessary in that case? (I don't mind spending the money for that rest but I just haven't figured out if it is necessary or not....... Thanks again!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #4
Jason-R

Jason-R is on a distinguished road

It is not a must to have the micro, it just makes it eaiser to make fine adjustments. Once the rest is set for a good center shot you should never need to move it. After the rest is set your site adjustments will get the left and right.

Another nice thing about the micro is if you loosen the up/down or left/right allen screw it will not slide to far by accedent. In other words when you loosen off the screw it will hold its place till you twist the thumb screw for up/down left/right
Jason-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
ArrowSlinger34

Oh ok thanks a lot man you helped out a lot! If you have any EASY questions I'll try to help you!