Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 07-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
Bowslice007

Bowslice007 is on a distinguished road
Default type of arrows

what kind of arrows should I get?? I just want some opinion I am just starting out in the bow hunting sport...

thanks!
Bowslice007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
gunnermh53
VP

gunnermh53 is on a distinguished road
Default Types of arrows

Well for hunting arrows there are so many to choose from it's hard to pic just one. Your budget will more than likely help drive your choice. There are plenty of good aluminum arrows out there from easton in XX78 or carbon aluminum mix like the ACC or straight carbon arrows from gold tip. Find out what your local shops carry I'm sure that they can help you pick something out that will work well for you.
gunnermh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:54 AM   #3
tarleet

tarleet is on a distinguished road

There are many factors that can help you decide what kind of arrow to buy.

1. Buget, see how much you are willing to spend on hunting arrows. They usually can run any where from $50-200.
2. What kind of arrow did you have in mind? Aluminum, carbon, or Aluminum/carbon?
3. What will you be hunting? If you're hunting bigger game its more idea to have a heavier arrow such as Easton Full Metal Jack.

For starters I strongly recommend Beman (An easton company) or easton alloy aluminum. They are affordable, good arrows.

~2010~Hoyt Contender Elite~Pearl White~Spot Hogg Rest~Sure-Loc Sight~B-Stinger Stabilizer~
tarleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
Kiko

Kiko is on a distinguished road

I've been experimenting on this subject myself as I just recently started shooting myself.

Currently I've been using Easton Aluminumum arrows that I got from Dick's for $22.00 for 6 arrows -- not bad since I've already wrecked the fletchings on 4 of them from shooting too tight groups. They seem to fly all right.

I do want to try Carbon arrows (especially since they're all the rage) but for $20.00 for 3 arrows (at the very least at my local shop), I'm still kinda watching my budget.
Kiko is offline   Reply With Quote