Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-31-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
jessgcmo

jessgcmo is on a distinguished road
Default Should I remove the string surpressor!!

I bought a 2010 carbon matrix last week. I am working on setting it up for hunter class 3D. I really like the bow and what I am wondering is should I remove the string supressor, as far as I have always known they are for making the bow quieter for hunting purposes. If thats all their for is there any reason to leave it on for shooting 3D. This bow is only going to be used for 3D hunter class. What should I do leave it alone or take it off. Jesse
jessgcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:14 AM   #2
sweet old bill

sweet old bill is on a distinguished road

leave it on...will not hurt in the shooting cycle. It anything it may make the bow less jump as you release the arrow.
sweet old bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough

It won't do anything but change the sound of the bow when it goes off and maybe help to keep the string off your clothes if you have to shoot in a jacket or something ( I put mine on for hunting season just for that reason)....it doesn't make it shoot better, and doesn't make the bow "jump" less.

If you don't want it on there then take it off.
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

First thing I do... is take them off my bows..

Last edited by JAVI; 02-01-2011 at 08:10 AM.
JAVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #5
longcut36

longcut36 has a spectacular aura aboutlongcut36 has a spectacular aura about

I think you should leave it on the bow. the arrow will not get off the bowstring untill it stops moving forward. if you have saw any slow motion video's the string will go past the B.H. quite a bit. but not always the same amount. with a S.S the arrow will come off the string the same place ever time. I would think this would make the bow a little more accurate. it wont hurt anything being on the bow and could help.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers
longcut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:08 AM   #6
Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
I think you should leave it on the bow. the arrow will not get off the bowstring untill it stops moving forward. if you have saw any slow motion video's the string will go past the B.H. quite a bit. but not always the same amount. with a S.S the arrow will come off the string the same place ever time. I would think this would make the bow a little more accurate. it wont hurt anything being on the bow and could help.
That doesn't add up to a hill of pooo when it comes to accuracy....if it did then every PRO you know the guys that help pay their bills or get all of their income from shooting would have them on their bows. ALL OF THEM.

If what you were saying were true then shooting an arrow through the chrono without one wouldn't even give you the same reading....which I don't have a problem doing.
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
jessgcmo

jessgcmo is on a distinguished road

so it sounds like it really doesn't matter either way, I think i'll see what I like better. I have never set up a bow specifically for 3D and didn't know if its needed for a 3D application. I know the pros don't use em but they are shooting with a differnt type of bow desigened for target shooting.
jessgcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
longcut36

longcut36 has a spectacular aura aboutlongcut36 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
That doesn't add up to a hill of pooo when it comes to accuracy....if it did then every PRO you know the guys that help pay their bills or get all of their income from shooting would have them on their bows. ALL OF THEM.

If what you were saying were true then shooting an arrow through the chrono without one wouldn't even give you the same reading....which I don't have a problem doing.
hey Mr. hornet. go play in a hill of pooo. I see no facts in your statement were a SS would not help accuracy other than pros do not shoot them. do you know all the pro's and what they shoot. I think a SS helps me get a few more points. not a huge amount but 1 or 2 points can be a win lose deal.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers
longcut36 is offline   Reply With Quote