Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Clubhouse Lounge > Offtopic
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
Gator eye
Senior Member
 
Gator eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the horn of Michigan
Posts: 7,185
Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default One of the dumbest things the old Gator has ever done.......

Besides acouple of ex-wives....but that's another story.

The company I work for has down sized 3 times, I'm the last one left in my office, unemployment in michigan is right around 11% and what do I do???

Buy property.

The property next to mine came up for sale and I really don't want new neighbors so I told the old lady it's all or nothin and we made the purchase.There is about 12 acres of mature pines and swamp with about a 9 acre open field in the back that is starting to grow up some scrub brush. It fits up real nice to the 10 I already own.

It's got excellent deer hunting all I have to do is pay for it now.

Here's a couple of crappy cell phone pics I took the other day while hunting. They are even some deer in the one pic but I don't think you can see them.
Attached Thumbnails
Offtopic - Click for larger version   Offtopic - Click for larger version   Offtopic - Click for larger version  
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
longcut36
Senior Member
 
longcut36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: virginia
Posts: 3,517
longcut36 has a spectacular aura aboutlongcut36 has a spectacular aura about
Default

I would say you done ok. IF you got a good deal on it. if it has a house on it you could rent it out. which can be a pain in the asre somtimes. OR put a bunch of trailers on it and rent to wellfare people. let the gov. pay the rent for them. this way you always get your rent money. I can see another Donald Trump in the making.
__________________
Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers
longcut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Whats dumb about this???? You can now run a hunting lodge and cash in!!! i bet Wheres Bruce and myself would pay to hunt on old gators backyard for critters,I know at least another 20 or 30 blokes from down under that would pay you quite well for the chance to have a go at this. Check out Australian Bow Hunting forum,1\2 these guys would jump at the chance
Gatoreye the land Barron of Michigan
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Talking Am I Bad

The property next to mine came up for sale and I really don't want new neighbors so I told the old lady it's all or nothin and we made the purchase.There is about 12 acres of mature pines and swamp with about a 9 acre open field in the back that is starting to grow up some scrub brush. It fits up real nice to the 10 I already own.

You could have just married her??? 3rd times the charm!!!
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking I agree with you !

You need a better cell phone !

Wish you well , land baron Gator Eye !

Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #6
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Deer in thee middle of the corn feild in the middle pic?
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:58 AM   #7
Gator eye
Senior Member
 
Gator eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the horn of Michigan
Posts: 7,185
Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
I would say you done ok. IF you got a good deal on it. if it has a house on it you could rent it out. which can be a pain in the asre somtimes. OR put a bunch of trailers on it and rent to wellfare people. let the gov. pay the rent for them. this way you always get your rent money. I can see another Donald Trump in the making.
No house just vacant land, it butts up to my place so now my house could be considered to be on it. Just say NO to any sort of renters, we baught it just so we wouldn't end up with any close neighbors. Right now we got to run 1/4 mile to the nearest neighbor and 1/2 in the other direction. It's not that I'm anti-social, it's just that I'm anti-social and for the most part I don't like people watching what I'm doing, On my property the world's my toilet, me and the dogs spent last evening walking around, drinkin beer, and peeing on every bush and tree we could muster.

It'll be a smart buy if I stay working, if I don't, well it could get alittle tight. Payments are about the same as a used truck payment so we decided to buy the land and drive a rusty ford.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #8
longcut36
Senior Member
 
longcut36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: virginia
Posts: 3,517
longcut36 has a spectacular aura aboutlongcut36 has a spectacular aura about
Default

I know what you mean. my closest neighbor is about a 1/2 mile away. it not that I dont like neighbors I like my privacy more. as for the trailer bit I was joking about that. I tried it once. a friend in trailer sales gave me a older trailer. in good shape but not worth trying to sale. well three renters later and -400 dollar's I had enough aggregation. I took a chain saw cut all the walls out and made a work shop out of it. best move I ever made.
__________________
Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers
longcut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #9
Gator eye
Senior Member
 
Gator eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the horn of Michigan
Posts: 7,185
Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
I know what you mean. my closest neighbor is about a 1/2 mile away. it not that I dont like neighbors I like my privacy more. as for the trailer bit I was joking about that. I tried it once. a friend in trailer sales gave me a older trailer. in good shape but not worth trying to sale. well three renters later and -400 dollar's I had enough aggregation. I took a chain saw cut all the walls out and made a work shop out of it. best move I ever made.
Sounds like you put up with three renters more than I would of.....then I probably would get sued for kicking them out on there behind unlawfully.

Although I was thinking of a old trailer and convert it over to a heated deer blind.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #10
longcut36
Senior Member
 
longcut36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: virginia
Posts: 3,517
longcut36 has a spectacular aura aboutlongcut36 has a spectacular aura about
Default

if you check around that some of the trailer sale lots you might get a older one for free. also I have saw then in the local trading journal. free must be hauled away. would make a good hunting cabin.
__________________
Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers
longcut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #11
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking A little known fact !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
No house just vacant land, it butts up to my place so now my house could be considered to be on it. Just say NO to any sort of renters, we baught it just so we wouldn't end up with any close neighbors. Right now we got to run 1/4 mile to the nearest neighbor and 1/2 in the other direction. It's not that I'm anti-social, it's just that I'm anti-social and for the most part I don't like people watching what I'm doing, On my property the world's my toilet, me and the dogs spent last evening walking around, drinkin beer, and peeing on every bush and tree we could muster.

It'll be a smart buy if I stay working, if I don't, well it could get alittle tight. Payments are about the same as a used truck payment so we decided to buy the land and drive a rusty ford.
That's what I like about Iowa's cornfields at times , privacy !


Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #12
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Can't believe I came back to this thread !

But it's TTT time again !

You " LAND BARON " , are !

Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com