Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 03-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
Boonie

Boonie is on a distinguished road
Default How to measure a bow

I would like to buy a soft case for my bow and i am confused on how to measure for a case.. I have seen some say to measure from axle to axle and some just says will fit a bow up to 39 or so inches.. Mine measure 41 inches in total lenght..
Boonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
Lamps3

Lamps3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonie View Post
I would like to buy a soft case for my bow and i am confused on how to measure for a case.. I have seen some say to measure from axle to axle and some just says will fit a bow up to 39 or so inches.. Mine measure 41 inches in total lenght..
My suggestion is to measure both your width, length, and thickness. Then either call Cabelas, Bass Pro - my favorite, or a local archery shop and give them your dimensions. If they are unable to help you over the phone then go to all of them with your tape measure and numbers and check them yourself and purchase the one that appeals to you. As for a good quality one I do not know which brand would be the best for durability and aesthetics.

Respectfully, Rickey
Lamps3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
Lamps3

Lamps3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps3 View Post
My suggestion is to measure both your width, length, and thickness. Then either call Cabelas, Bass Pro - my favorite, or a local archery shop and give them your dimensions. If they are unable to help you over the phone then go to all of them with your tape measure and numbers and check them yourself and purchase the one that appeals to you. As for a good quality one I do not know which brand would be the best for durability and aesthetics.

Respectfully, Rickey
Sorry, remembered the following after the submission of the first email. There is another way. You could also take your bow into the store for a personal test fit. Check in at the front desk get your bow tagged, and proceed to the archery area for the onsite fit up. Good Luck on your treasure hunt.

Respectfully, Rickey
Lamps3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust

wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps3 View Post
Sorry, remembered the following after the submission of the first email. There is another way. You could also take your bow into the store for a personal test fit. Check in at the front desk get your bow tagged, and proceed to the archery area for the onsite fit up. Good Luck on your treasure hunt.

Respectfully, Rickey
thats the best idea.
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote