Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
ES21
Member
 
ES21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kinmundy, IL
Posts: 79
ES21 is on a distinguished road
Default 3d Open Shooters: $1000.00 1st place, IL,IN,MO,KY Etc. Would you come??

Hey Friends, my name is Erik Sullens, I am one of the guys who helps run The South Central High School Archery Club, Forbes State Park, Kinmundy, IL.

My question is simple, if this was to happen, would you come and take your best shot?

1 class: Open Entry fee $50.00

1st place prize $1000.00

2nd place $500.00

3rd place $250.00

I want your honest opinions. Do you think we could get 50 + shooters to come and play? We would need at least 50 shooters to make this happen. If we could get more maybe we could even pay down a few more slots.


Would it bother you if you shoot against some pros and semi pros? I myself would love to see where I stand against them. This would be a chance to maybe even shoot in the same group as them, just like your a pro on the national circuit.

This would be a one day deal. You wouldn't have to waste the entire weekend away on it but we have a great campground close by if you do want to make a weekend out of it.

With guaranteed money on the line we would need to have some type of pre entry where it would be $25.00 sent in advance and the other $25.00 paid at the shoot.

Would you want a speed limit? Would you want to shoot center 12 or low 12?

Again the main question I have is would you play???

Check us out @ www.southcentralarchery.com or LIKE us on Facebook South Central Archery Club

Thanks,

Erik Sullens
ES21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust
 
wilkersonhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in gods country
Posts: 1,246
wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES21 View Post
Hey Friends, my name is Erik Sullens, I am one of the guys who helps run The South Central High School Archery Club, Forbes State Park, Kinmundy, IL.

My question is simple, if this was to happen, would you come and take your best shot?

1 class: Open Entry fee $50.00

1st place prize $1000.00

2nd place $500.00

3rd place $250.00

I want your honest opinions. Do you think we could get 50 + shooters to come and play? We would need at least 50 shooters to make this happen. If we could get more maybe we could even pay down a few more slots.


Would it bother you if you shoot against some pros and semi pros? I myself would love to see where I stand against them. This would be a chance to maybe even shoot in the same group as them, just like your a pro on the national circuit.

This would be a one day deal. You wouldn't have to waste the entire weekend away on it but we have a great campground close by if you do want to make a weekend out of it.

With guaranteed money on the line we would need to have some type of pre entry where it would be $25.00 sent in advance and the other $25.00 paid at the shoot.

Would you want a speed limit? Would you want to shoot center 12 or low 12?

Again the main question I have is would you play???

Check us out @ www.southcentralarchery.com or LIKE us on Facebook South Central Archery Club

Thanks,

Erik Sullens
i would love to do this but there is one big problem, leave out the pro's and semi pro's. if i want to see how i stack up against them then i will go to a local asa shoot such as the one in london ky.
__________________
truball shooting staff
2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
member of the 160" 8ptr club
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
i would love to do this but there is one big problem, leave out the pro's and semi pro's. if i want to see how i stack up against them then i will go to a local asa shoot such as the one in london ky.
I'm with Wilko on this one,why would I want to embarrass the Pro's and semi Pro's and hurt their feelings by taking the cash home with me????
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
bowman90
Senior Member
 
bowman90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Columbia, Kentucky
Posts: 187
bowman90 is on a distinguished road
Default

I heard this on AT that this shoot was a scam. Because people never did get there prize money they won. But I don't know if that was true or not.
__________________
Snake Creek Mafia
2012 Elite Answer
TRU-BALL shooting staff Bernies Control Freak Staff
Part of the UnBannable Crew on AT You Cant Catch Me.
bowman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #5
ES21
Member
 
ES21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kinmundy, IL
Posts: 79
ES21 is on a distinguished road
Default

Not a scam buddy because it has never happened yet. I just posted this today to start getting some feeback.

I have to find out if I could get the 50 shooters + thats all.

we just want to start having bigger and better shoots and thought this would raise some eyebrows.

I go by the same name on archerytalk and have been a member there since 2004.

I am just a die hard 3d shooter with a passion for 3d. Our archery club is South Central high school archery club. We have after school stuff for the high school kids. They help a ton with the set up and tear down at the 3d shoots.

check us out on facebook South Central Archery Club

we have a big team shoot next month and if you look around on here you will see where i have posted several other shoots.

Hope this helps later friends
ES21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
ES21
Member
 
ES21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kinmundy, IL
Posts: 79
ES21 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
i would love to do this but there is one big problem, leave out the pro's and semi pro's. if i want to see how i stack up against them then i will go to a local asa shoot such as the one in london ky.
That won't tell you how you stack up because you will not shoot the same course as them. This is a chance to really see. Even better a chance to shoot a round with one of them.
ES21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
ES21
Member
 
ES21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kinmundy, IL
Posts: 79
ES21 is on a distinguished road
Default

Please keep the feedback coming friends, This is legit!
ES21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #8
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust
 
wilkersonhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in gods country
Posts: 1,246
wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES21 View Post
That won't tell you how you stack up because you will not shoot the same course as them. This is a chance to really see. Even better a chance to shoot a round with one of them.
so, there will be a different payout for each class?
__________________
truball shooting staff
2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
member of the 160" 8ptr club
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Here's what I think !

Westy , I'll fire up the Pontiac and pick you up for this one , as we'll need that fast running car to race away with all the winnings , also if we fail to place , we might want to leave real quick anyway ! .............

There are some shooters here in westcentral Iowa , who would do that , but I'm not one of them really !



Wish you well trying to do this !
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #10
Z7lonewolf
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northern MO
Posts: 38
Z7lonewolf is on a distinguished road
Default

I would shoot in it for sure........with or with the pros doesnt matter. I have spent more money on less. Let me know when
Z7lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:10 AM   #11
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
Westy , I'll fire up the Pontiac and pick you up for this one , as we'll need that fast running car to race away with all the winnings , also if we fail to place , we might want to leave real quick anyway !

There are some shooters here in westcentral Iowa , who would do that , but I'm not one of them really !



Wish you well trying to do this !
I wouldn't want to take their money as you and i know it wouldn't even pay for the gas!!!!! Would there be a wildcard entry into this ,say like in tennis???? I may have to polish up my Queens English when I except the trophy at the end of the day!!!There will be a trophy right???? When the moneys spent were are the bragging rights???
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #12
cshive
Day By Day
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 32
cshive is on a distinguished road
Default

I would come. I think ASA rules would be great only scoring the low 12. Great warm up for Augusta the following weekend.
cshive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #13
ES21
Member
 
ES21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kinmundy, IL
Posts: 79
ES21 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshive View Post
I would come. I think ASA rules would be great only scoring the low 12. Great warm up for Augusta the following weekend.
Great to hear!!!
ES21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #14
archeryisme
Old and Experienced
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dixon IL
Posts: 74
archeryisme is on a distinguished road
Default

First off let me say congratulations for working with the youth promoting archery. I think the team shoot you spoke of with 1 youth and 1 adult is great. I wish we could get enough youngens at our range to do something like that.
I think the money shoot would go over just fine. Picking the right date is the hardest part. I wouldn't think the $50 entry would detour to many. We spend way more that that to go to a ASA, (motels, food, gas, entry fees,) usually totaling around $500 for me in the amateur senior class. And if I win
1st place (not likely) I don't win enough to break even. ????????
I think if you are only going to have 1 class then the speed limit would help to even the field for the ladies, youth and us old timers (seniors). I see nothing wrong with the 280 speed limit. Granted most bows these days shoot way over that, it is much easier to slow one down than for a short draw archer trying to get every fps they can out of one. With 3D archery aging the way it is, the senior classes seems to be one of the bigger growing classes any more.
Definitely bust groups!!!! Even better would be have a shotgun start and randomly assign shooters to targets. I vote for the low 12's too.
I'm not for sure letting the professional and semi professional shooters in would help your participation. Maybe it would, maybe not.
archeryisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #15
ES21
Member
 
ES21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kinmundy, IL
Posts: 79
ES21 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by archeryisme View Post
First off let me say congratulations for working with the youth promoting archery. I think the team shoot you spoke of with 1 youth and 1 adult is great. I wish we could get enough youngens at our range to do something like that.
I think the money shoot would go over just fine. Picking the right date is the hardest part. I wouldn't think the $50 entry would detour to many. We spend way more that that to go to a ASA, (motels, food, gas, entry fees,) usually totaling around $500 for me in the amateur senior class. And if I win
1st place (not likely) I don't win enough to break even. ????????
I think if you are only going to have 1 class then the speed limit would help to even the field for the ladies, youth and us old timers (seniors). I see nothing wrong with the 280 speed limit. Granted most bows these days shoot way over that, it is much easier to slow one down than for a short draw archer trying to get every fps they can out of one. With 3D archery aging the way it is, the senior classes seems to be one of the bigger growing classes any more.
Definitely bust groups!!!! Even better would be have a shotgun start and randomly assign shooters to targets. I vote for the low 12's too.
I'm not for sure letting the professional and semi professional shooters in would help your participation. Maybe it would, maybe not.

Thanks for your input!! I am happy to say this is going to happen just putting the finishing touches on it before we post the flyer. Thanks again.
ES21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com