Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 05-27-2004, 09:26 PM   #1
brainpower1

brainpower1 is on a distinguished road
Default Beginners shoot 3D?

I'm not sure there will be much traffic in this group. Most people that use this site are not beginners.

Just my 2 cents.

Brian
brainpower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 03:47 PM   #2
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

I feel this would be a good group, that's why I created it.

You would not believe the number of telephone calls I get from parents and even adults wanting to know how to get started.

Beginners should not go to places like wal-mart. This would be extremely bad. You will most likely not get fitted properly. This will cause huge problems in shooting accuracy and you will probably get discouraged.

Find a real pro shop. If you don't know of any pro shops, find an Archery Club near you. They should be able to point you to a real pro shop. If you don't know how to find an Archery club near you go here and click one one of the Club search links.

Proper fit is probably the number one problem in archery shooting today. Many people have bows with draw lengths that are too long. In the beginning, I too used to shoot a 30" draw. I currently am shooting 29" and I'm 6'1" tall. If your 5' 8" you do not have a 30" draw.

I just hope this group will provide the necessary information to get beginners started.

If you are a beginner, no question is a dumb question. If you start this sport right, it will become a life long passion.

Please ask questions, we'll help you.

Last edited by Chris; 05-29-2004 at 03:50 PM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:28 PM   #3
Pinky

Pinky is on a distinguished road

Dang skippy, Chris.

We all started out as newbies.

We learned from people just like ourselves. People that were kind enuf pass along their knowledge.

There is only one dumb question. That is the question that was never asked!
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 05:30 AM   #4
WarChief

WarChief is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRBC_Pinky
Dang skippy, Chris.
There is only one dumb question. That is the question that was never asked!
I couldn't agree more. When I was in the military I was told there was never a dumb question if you don't know the answer.

As for newbies I'm 50, never picked up a bow till Dec 2003. I don't have the benifit of a good pro shop in my area yet so I relied on forums such as these to find answers to problems I was having and recieved some very good advice, and a fair share of smartass answers. I just attributed those to stupidity from the person that replyed. If you need help, you need help and you won't get it unless you do ask. Just weed thru the comments and filter out the ones that show they are acting like god and and full of themselves. You will find good advice from most.
WarChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:34 AM   #5
rmarchery

rmarchery is on a distinguished road

Hey guys thats what i like to hear because just about everything i've learned in life not just (Archery) i've learned from great people just like yourselves, by asking. I've been bow hunting for many many years now, but i would like to get into the sport of 3D thats is why i joined this board.
I'll have lots more stupid and maybe not so stupid questions to come.
Thanks Everybody.
RM

Last edited by rmarchery; 06-11-2004 at 11:40 AM.
rmarchery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:14 AM   #6
schl0328

schl0328 is on a distinguished road

Besides, one never knows when a "simple" question will point out that we really don't know as much as we thought we did.
schl0328 is offline   Reply With Quote