Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 09-29-2005, 11:00 AM   #1
Chopperfingers

Chopperfingers is on a distinguished road
Default Arrow insert?

Noob with a quick Q. I just got a new sew of Carbon Express Terminators cut at the local shop. I've noticed a difference between these and all the others I've had. The lip on the end of threaded insert for the points, on all my others, have fit flush with the arrow. My latest half dozen have a small lip on the lip(if this makes any sense) that sticks out just a little wider than the arrow. Almost as if the inserts were for a larger diameter arow. I'm not really noticing any difference in their flight. But I'm thinking that if the'll be a problem it will be when it counts. Should I be concerned?
Chopperfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:55 AM   #2
OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter is on a distinguished road

Carbon Express makes inserts specific for certain shafts. Often it is hard to tell which goes to which, but if you read the packaging it tells you which shaft that insert is designed for. The inserst for the Terminators, 3D Selects, and CX is what I am familiar with. The inserts for those are determined by shaft size (200, 300, 400, 4560, 6075, etc). They are very close to being the same and if care is not taken it is easy to get them mis-matched. I know I have done it in the past. Had the same little lip hanging out beyond the shaft. Never had a problem with accuracy or arrow damage, and I shot them for about a month until I noticed. Maybe it made them harder to pull out of my targets, but I really can't remember. I did re-do my shafts though, not because of performance, but just because I like things done correctly. You may want to take them back to the pro shop and see what they will do.
OKbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote