Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Clubhouse Lounge > Offtopic

Old 10-07-2005, 11:17 AM   #1
Sportsman

Sportsman is on a distinguished road
Default Anybody like to ride or let kids ride an ATV/Dirtbike?

HELP! ATV/MOTORCYCLE BAN proposal

Dear Sirs/Madams:
Please read this proposed ATV/Motorcycle/Go-cart/Moped ban proposal of which our county board will be voting on, next week on Thursday OCT 13th. If it passes we will no longer…….well you will get the gist of it shortly. Please call one or more of these board members and express your disagreement of their ordinance. We are in the process of talking them back to the table through the board members. Somehow they have already “went by the books” and “publicly” announced a meeting, with the Zoning Board, and drafted this amendment as a result. Chris Johnson (815- 637-2250) is the board member who heads up the committee that drafted this ludicrous amendment. Here is the link to the county board members phone #’s
http://www.co.winnebago.il.us/Electe...ard%20List.pdf
Thanks in advance!

O R D I N A N C E
of the
COUNTY BOARD OF THE COUNTY OF WINNEBAGO, ILLINOIS
SUBMITTED BY: Zoning Committee
05 CO _____

ORDINANCE AMENDING THE WINNEBAGO COUNTY
ZONING ORDINANCE

WHEREAS, the number of motorized vehicles used on private property in the County of Winnebago is increasing; and

WHEREAS, the use of motorized bicycles, all terrain vehicles, go-carts or motorcycles on private property has impacted public health, safety and welfare of the citizens of Winnebago County; and

WHEREAS, a public hearing was held before the Winnebago County Zoning Board of Appeal after fifteen days notice of the time and place of a public hearing concerning this proposed zoning text amendment; and

NOW THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED, by the County Board of the County of Winnebago, Illinois, that the Winnebago County Zoning Ordinance is hereby amended to add the following:

Section 90-113 (a)(10)(f) The use of all motorized bicycles, all terrain vehicles, go-carts or motorcycles is permitted only in the furtherance of an agricultural use as listed in 90-75 or to transport the occupant of the dwelling on the property, or their invitee, onto or off the property; unless the boundary of the property is over 2,500 feet from the boundary of any adjacent residential district.

Section 90-114 (a)(8)(f) The use of all motorized bicycles, all terrain vehicles, go-carts or motorcycles is permitted only in the furtherance of an agricultural use as listed in 90-75 or to transport the occupant of the dwelling on the property, or their invitee, onto or off the property; unless the boundary of the property is over 2,500 feet from the boundary of any adjacent residential district.

Section 90-129(a)(10) The use of all motorized bicycles, all terrain vehicles, go-carts or motorcycles is permitted only to transport the occupant of the dwelling on the property, or their invitee, onto or off the property.

Section 90-132(a)(5)(a) The use of all motorized bicycles, all terrain vehicles, go-carts or motorcycles is permitted only to transport the occupant of the dwelling on the property, or their invitee, onto or off the property.

BE IT FURTHER ORDAINED, that this ordinance shall be in full force and effect immediately upon its adoption.

BE IT FURTHER ORDAINED, that the Clerk of the County Board is hereby authorized to prepare and deliver a certified copy of this Ordinance to the Winnebago County Zoning Officer and Winnebago County State’s Attorney - Civil Division.

Respectfully submitted,

ZONING COMMITTEE

_________________________________ __________________________________________

The foregoing Ordinance was adopted by the County Board of the County of Winnebago, Illinois this __________ day of _____________, 2005.

ATTEST:

Old 10-13-2005, 09:48 PM   #2
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

This just plain stinks. I hate when government has to stick their nose into everything. If they do this, they need to open a few of the parks for ATV use.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:37 AM   #3
Sportsman

Default Chris Christienson for County Board

I think you need to run for a county board seat. They didn't vote last night but are thinking that 600 ft is a better number. 2 football fields is not a good number. I think that the county board members should pay my taxes on 8 acres because they are trying to regulate what I do with it.
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:34 AM   #4
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

If I had the time, I would probably take that on. A voice of reason on the board would be a good thing. Political agenda or party relations would not have any effect on my voting record.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:52 AM   #5
Sportsman

Lightbulb You'll have to make time

Aren't you in the same zone/district as Maryann Aiello?? I hope so. Just start working on your campaign speech. Some people actually have common sense we just need to get them vote.
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:44 PM   #6
jacksondk2s

jacksondk2s is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jacksondk2s

I think I would have to challenge them on this one...in court. I see no valid reason let alone the right of power for them to tell you that you cannot ride a atv on your own property or someone elses that has given you permission. That is plain ridiculous.
I live in macon county (IL) and they have tried some stupid things here ...but it always ends up getting turned down during voting time. I agree there some very moronic politicians in office (like our current governor) and there really needs to be some people in office that are a little more down to earth and realistic. I fail to see how a anti-gun governor legitimately got voted into office with as many hunters, businesses related to cmaping, hunting, fishing, etc. that there are in illinois...hmmmm
jacksondk2s is offline   Reply With Quote